Skip to content

[Neverwinter] Latest Trailers! Neverwinter goes Ravenloft! And meets Acquisitions Incorporated!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Alright thanks! n_n

Looking at it I'm either interested in the Ranger or Warlock. Ranger seems to have the jack-of-all-trades thing going with ranged, melee, and magic.

Going to try out Warlock first, though. Since I can't make Piro (no gnomes) I'll make Val'myr as a Drow Scourge Warlock!

Making the character now, going to sleep soon but I'll spend tomorrow after work playing it n_n
    Might do some more tweaking to his physical looks and remake him later before I actually start adventuring.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Shandyr I think this could be fun. What kind of time investment are we looking to at reach level 15 as required? What kind of time investment are you looking for in guild (founding) members?
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    edited June 2016
    Hey @Shandyr I have a lvl 22 Hunter/Ranger hybrid... still need a guild founder? Oh yes, I'm on Dragon as well.
    I have absolutely no idea... what I'm doing in there! :D Her name's Arcadia Moonshadow a wood-elf
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Lovely. I will install the game at the weekend.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Alright. I'll give it a go. Wait for me, @Shandyr!
    WE CAN GO TO THE FEYWILD!?
    THAT'S MY FAVORITE PLACE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj465EH8nKo
    Don't forget you can log into the Neverwinter Gateway to work on your profession, browse the auction house, sell stuffs to vendor etc...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Okay, I can't resist. I'm going to try it now. Unfortunately, it says it wants to download over 8,000 MB of patch files. I'm not sure how long that will take. ;)

Okay, I can't resist. I'm going to try it now. Unfortunately, it says it wants to download over 8,000 MB of patch files. I'm not sure how long that will take. ;)

Sorry @BelgarathMTH :D At least it's free to play, I've not put any money into it at all so far and don't intend to.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Welp, this game is sadly going to be a no-go for me. I spent about 30 seconds after making my character and starting it before I realized that the controls for it are absolutely unacceptable to me.

The game wants you to control ii with the left hand on the keyboard, and there is no way to remap those controls. Making matters even worse, it will not accept input from my programmable mouse buttons, such as F for interact, which one input change might make it playable for me. If I could even remap interact to a key on the right side of the keyboard, I could make it playable. And what's with the dependence on shift and alt to control? That seems crazy to me. If only they had all the controls remappable.

It won't even let you do anything whatsoever using the mouse pointer, until you're in some kind of menu. On the game screen itself, all you can do with the mouse is look around. No moving, no accessing inventory, absolutely nothing you can do with your mouse except move the camera.

No moving forward by clicking both mouse buttons, basically no critical game functions at all with the mouse. The whole thing is built from the ground up for left hand keyboard control only, and has next to zero control customizing.

::shakes head sadly:: It looks like a great game. I wonder why they made the controls so rigid? It might work for a lot of people, but to me, as I said, it is absolutely unacceptable.

Oh well, it was free to try it. I wish I could participate in the game and the new guild. But I'll be uninstalling this from my computer immediately. :(
    I agree it's not great and takes a lot of getting use to. I use the shortcut keys for everything but having to use Ctrl and Shift combinations is annoying. At least you gave it a go and like you said it's free to try. :(
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I made a halfling guardian fighter named Stoat Ferretson. He is now level five. I now wonder when I'll be able to join the guild. It isn't very fun by myself.
    I'll be on there tomorrow
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so how do we choose the dragon server? ( I think that is the one that Shandyr wanted us to use?) I have no idea how to choose servers
    5 more as well as you?