Skip to content

[Neverwinter] Latest Trailers! Neverwinter goes Ravenloft! And meets Acquisitions Incorporated!

Comments

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    I just now binged unto Finnish gaming press - and wondered if "Neverwinter" might have anything to do with NWN2 proper.

The story, the humour, the writing. And the chars Sand in particular.

Apparently not.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited June 2016
    So my handle should be Kiera Hawklight@FinneousPJ
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited June 2016
    I warn people now to stay away anything related with the Perfect World Developers. They are known to suck you in, and then after a certain point realizing how much of a waste of time it becomes.

They're scammers, and I hated the fact how much they tarnished DnD with their way of doing things.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    The only MMOs I've ever put real money into was only for subscription, EQ2, SWTOR and WoW.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I for one am having a HUGE amount of fun playing this game. As a former WoW addict, I am finding that this gives me my "fix" for this sort of game, without my having to pay a $15 a month subscription fee, unless I want to. Key words: "Unless I want to"

Speaking of which, I just did. I am already in love with the character I'm playing, so I decided to rename him after my first WoW character, for which I also feel love and nostalgia.

The new name is "Brother Todd". I am a humble, knowledge seeking cleric of Oghma.

I'm not sure if my name change will affect my being in our temporary chat channel. I *think* it's the account name that's important, not the character name. That should make it much easier to handle altaholics than it is in WoW, where each alt must be invited seperately to guilds and chat channels.

If you like mmorpg's in general, especially WoW clones, and you like the fourth edition D&D Neverwinter setting, you should love this game. (In 4th edition, Neverwinter was nearly destroyed by the Spellplague cataclysm, and in this game, heroes are working to rebuild it. That's the heart and spirit of the world lore and overarching story.)

If you hate mmmorpg's, you're not going to like Neverwinter Online. It's pretty much as simple as that. The ftp charging model might also turn off some people, but I've been playing from levels 1-37, and I haven't hit any "pay walls". The microtransactions that finance Neverwinter Online are almost exclusively cosmetic.

tldr: I renamed my character. @Shandyr and @sparkelav , I am now "Brother Todd".
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    So my friends want to play WoW again after all these years.
    I'll drop DDO and play WoW/Neverwinter then just because I want to play with you guys n_n

I haven't had time to level this week due to summer classes and work but when I'm able I'll binge and get to 15! Sorry for me being slow.
    No problem @Vallmyr rl comes first, I sent you an invite so whenever you're ready :)
    @BelgarathMTH I think that's how it goes, account name rather than character name. I think that's a good thing and I'm glad you're enjoying it. You've levelled up quiet a bit :open_mouth:
    I kept getting disconnected today for some reason. Bad net connection I think as it's been effecting XBox and phones too up and down the street.
    I'll be there a bit later, I just can't sit in front of a computer when the weather is so lovely :)
    edited June 2016
    @sparkelav , The server's down for maintenance for about another hour anyway. I just went outside and mowed the grass before the temperature gets hot. Going to be over 90 degrees here in the southern U.S., today and all weekend. (edit: that's over 32 degrees celsius. I keep forgetting most of my friends here are from overseas.)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Sorry, guys, work is taking up my time recently. I'll be on later though.
    Post you handle @Nimran One of us will add you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2016
    So people know what "Zen" is, I can tell you easily in U.S. dollars. One thousand zen is purchased for $10. So, when @Shandyr says "the smallest inventory bag costs 600 zen", it means the bag costs $6 of real money, unless you come up with that much through the Arc quests. (I don't plan to do it that way, because I don't want to download all those games to my computer.)

I bought $10 worth of Zen, and I've been using it for respecs and a name change. You get four character respecs for $10, plus a free one the first time you spend any real money on the game.

I don't mind spending a small amount per month on microtransactions for a game if I decide I like it. Neverwinter Online is a very well-developed game, and I decided I wanted to support the devs making more content for it.
    Okay, so @Shandyr or @sparkleav, my handle is Stoat Ferretson@Nimran91#5096. That should be it, right?
    @Nimran , I sent you a friend request. The handle appears to work.
    @BelgarathMTH thanks, I accepted it!

@Nimran @FinneousPJ and @Vallmyr I've added you all to the chat channel too, you just need to accept the invite :)
    Although they are your typical kind of quests, if you actually read the quests and the lore associated with them they are quiet interesting. Compared to most MMORPGs where you collect x amount of something for some silly reason there is quiet a lot of depth in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I managed to get on when everybody else was on today. It was glorious, and they were all very helpful and encouraging. BTW, halflings look silly when they jump.
    I kind of ended up walking straight into an encounter with a dragon whilst talking to you all in chat. Sorry for not being so helpful @Nimran . We killed it though :)
    edited June 2016
    I think the quest design is exactly what you expect in a good mmorpg. If you like WoW, you'll like Neverwinter Online. Evaluated as what it is, a mmorpg, and it never claimed to be anything else, I think it's wonderfully done.

Also, I appreciate fourth edition now that I've given it a chance in an actual game that's well-designed.