Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    There is no safety to be had with either decision, but I would council that we continue. Rest if you must, but rest briefly because daylight is passing and I would prefer we not be out in the open on this road at night. If you need rest for longer, than at least fortifications would assist in warding off any further attacks.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    You speak wisely, those woods will be a great danger at night. There will be no sleep for us in them tonight.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    edited November 2012
    Aerie gets down to the business of healing. She casts cure serious wounds on Ajantis, cure medium wounds on Edwin, one cure light wounds on herself, and the last cure light wounds on Skie (because she offered to share her wand with me).

@LadyRhian With wisdom 17 (thanks to the tome of understanding) and intelligence 16, does Aerie get any bonus spells or is she at the base spells per level?
    edited November 2012
    When she finishes healing Skie, Aerie whooshes out a breath. "I've depleted my healing magics for today. I've also depleted about half of my single-target damaging arcane spells for the day, so I tend to agree with Edwin. We should rest, study our spells anew, and then advance once more. If you wish to advance further before sunset, it's understandable, but our magics only last so long."
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin looks to Irina.

"Is there nowhere safe that me might rest?"
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    "I think it would be best to not rest in the hunting grounds of these beasts. We need to act like a cunning viper, and study our foes, and not bluster like the the wind." Cernd shook his head. "Though I agree, that we cannot stop, these wolves trouble me, and they need to be either released, or dealt with." Cernd went around, and cast Cure Serious wound on Valygar. "I'm afraid that is all of curative magics I have now."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Jhart1018 2 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd Cleric spells

Valygar is fully healed by Cernd's application of healing. No one is healed totally by Aerie. Ajantis is now at 99, Edwin at 47, Aerie at 36, Skie is at 48
    "If you don't want to stop at night, we'd better get riding," Irina says. "The Count's castle is still far up the mountain, and the roads there are tricky." She swings back up onto her horse and waits for you to do the same.

DM: Anyone else want to do anything else first?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Instead of riding her horse, Skie is going to ride Mr. Stampy and have her horse follow. Mr. Stampy's back is probably big enough for her to just lie down and sleep. Wake her up when something interesting happens.
    edited November 2012
    Mr. Stampy can't keep with the horses, and the way his body moves under you is... disconcerting when you are used to riding a horse (DM Rode an Elephant at a Ren Faire once. It vas a very... strange... sensation. And if you ride an elephant astride, it's back is so wide, it kinda hurts.)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited November 2012
    OOC: Also, I believe that elephant riding can cause nausea because the low frequency sounds that it make with their heavy feet.

Just wondering, are there any loots from the wolves battle? Can we make wolf pelts/furs from the dead corpses?
    Awww, then Skie will have to dismiss Mr. Stampy!
    @bbear. No, sorry.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    Yes, I want to collect a few branches to make stakes out of... might come in handy.
    I looked again at my spell list, and I actually have one more cure medium wounds spell if anyone needs topping up. After we have gone as far as we can today, Aerie will memorize a slightly altered list of spells.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Branwen smears some fresh blood over her armor and hammer as a tribute to Tempus for helping her in the battle, watching Aerie and Cernd perform healing on her battered companions. Seeing the druid looking quite battered himself she casts her last healing spell (cure medium wounds) on him.

"There is no safe place to rest here, the paladins are right, we should press on, lest we become fodder for an even greater pack of those hellish beasts."

If the party does get to rest, Branwen will follow Aerie's move and memorize different spells, primarily healing!
    Cernd gets back seven.

You get back on your horses and ride for close to an hour before coming on a fork in the road. One fork leads closer to the river, and in the distance, you hear snatches of music and see glints of firelight through the trees. The river you passed over via the bridge earlier is closer here, and Irina nods at the fork. "That way lies the Tser pool. I do not know who could be living there, though. I was not aware anyone lived this far from town."
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora likes music so she will sneak through the trees in her Cloak of Elvenkind to see who is making it. If she sees anything dangerous she will run back to the others using her Boots of Speed.
    Okay. Alora gets off her horse and disappears into the trees.
    watches the sneaky halfling until she slips into the trees and quickly disappears....cocking her head to try and listen to the wafting hints of music, reining in her horse quietly as the light of the fire glows through the trees...edges neared Cernd so she might quiet him in case the druid has a fit about lighting fires in the sanctity of nature as she waits for more information from the sneaky ones...
    There is definitely fiddles and some kind of wind instrument. And small drums.
    hippies!!! it's woodstock...or, er, perhaps gypsies....
    DM Laughs. Just more folk instruments than the more cosmopolitan harp and whatnot you are used to hearing in cities. Or the drums and horns that are prevalent in your own people.
    Everybody, I found some friendly gypsies and they have invited us all to tea!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin looks amusedly at the Halfling, then shrugs and looks to the others.

"A red wizard does not give his trust quickly, especially to gypsies. However, I still need time to study my spells or I shall be less useful to the party. (Though still more useful than the rest of you cretins)."
    They really are nice gypsies Edwin. They wouldn't have invited us to tea if they weren't. And there's this funny old woman who smokes a pipe and who could see me even though I was wearing my cloak. You'll like her.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Cernd, tilted his head, thinking for a bit. "There are several creatures in the wild that lures thier prey in, with a song. And you say she saw you threw your cloak? We must be careful, like a small mouse, scampering from place to place. Who know what will swoop down to get us."
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited November 2012
    Vagrants, Gypsies, they think they live outside of the law. We shall go, maybe they are good and will give us rest, they in these lands I doubt it. Let us see what truly resides there. There music will have no hold over me.

*when I arrive I will cast True Sight, I will tell everyone what really resides here. yay to immunities to charm/hold*
    edited November 2012
    Myval said:

"Who know what will swoop down to get us."

"Yes... swooping is bad..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukDzbhXD7Y
This discussion has been closed.