Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    ::Sneers.:: Damned Pastafarians, Get off my lawn! ;)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Awong124 said:

Evinfuilt said:

I'm glad this is a random encounter, I'm not wasting of my special abilities. Such as uhm, or uhm.. Oh dear FSM! I'm sure I'll get to use dispel magic eventually. Or maybe some Vampire will try and hide, then I can use my even greater powers of "oh no you didn't!"

So Keldorn has been touched by his noodly appendage? Keldorn is a Paladin of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the greatest deity in all the realms.
    Does this mean he's a midget or a pirate?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Delvarian said:

Awong124 said:

Evinfuilt said:

I'm glad this is a random encounter, I'm not wasting of my special abilities. Such as uhm, or uhm.. Oh dear FSM! I'm sure I'll get to use dispel magic eventually. Or maybe some Vampire will try and hide, then I can use my even greater powers of "oh no you didn't!"

So Keldorn has been touched by his noodly appendage? Keldorn is a Paladin of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the greatest deity in all the realms.
    Does this mean he's a midget or a pirate?
    Perhaps both.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I think Keldorn is a righteous and holy defender of Torm, now his omnipresent authority figure has been known to sing a few sea shanties, is a trained fencer and enjoys sailing... Make of that as you wish. Oh, and when I married I may have said "As you wish" instead of I do.
    And here's my Keldorn song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rEJmkUmJlE
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: "Minimal damage". Is that the annoying "My weapon has no effect" thing?

Ok, Valygar is going to charm a wolf with the charm animal spell. I want to have a good dogie.
    @bbear Well, you might be craving a bigger sword, but truth to tell, you did a whole... 3 damage. As I say, minimal. (You're using the sword because you couldn't use the Spear when you got gang-smacked to the ground by the wolves.) In case you're wondering 1+1 for magic, +1 for strength.

Now only waiting on @Rufus_Hobart and Branwen.
    Geekity Geekity Geek Geek. Took more pictures of some of my D&D stuff- minatures and Character Record sheets, and uploaded them to DeviantArt. All miniatures were painted by me.

http://ladyrhianwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/38919912
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    You, milady, are queen of all things good and geeky. I think my favorite of your miniatures was the mind flayer. lol... And I noticed the giant box module Return to the Tomb of Horrors. Just the thought of that may give me nightmares. :)
    edited November 2012
    Also, starting Friday, Desert Bus for Hope 6 starts up for the Child's Play Charity. They buy games and game stuff for sick and dying kids in the hospitals to keep them happy and Cheerful while undergoing treatment for fatal and possibly deadly diseases. The event has the Canadian Comedy Troupe Loading Ready Run play "Desert Bus" from Penn and Teller's Smoke and Mirrors set for the Sega CD. The "game" involves driving a bus, in real time, from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada. The Bus pulls to the left, and each round trip is worth, 1, count 'em, 1 point. If the Bus goes off the road, it crashes, and will get towed back to its starting destination... also in real time. Over the past 5 years, they have raised over $800,000 for the charity, which is liveblogged and vlogged on their website. Every dollar they raise ups the time they drive the bus.
    http://desertbus.org/blog/

This year, I donated two necklaces to their craft along. Both ended up in the silent auctions. One as part of the "Geek Girl Chic" pack, and the other on its own.

http://www.desertbus.org/craft-along

As Minsc never said, "Raising Money... for Goodness!"

If you have nothing else to do while waiting for the release of BG:EE, please consider watching and donating. Make the guys do something! (Matt sings a mean version of "Gay Bar", and Kathleen and Tally are Carameldansing Queens.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBUcnIW_Oc
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    ack...Branwen was too busy admiring Ajantis's new wolf helm (and laughing her ass off at the image) to remember she's in the midst of battle. She sighs sniffily at these so-called mighty warriors she's travelling with.
    "Haven't you finished these pups off yet??? Some well-earned blood on that armor of yours would be an improvement, Valygar!" *hoists up her warhammer again, and subconsciously braces herself to get flattened by an "accidental" swing or stray lightning bolt from someone for being such a pain in the ass* ;-)
    edited November 2012
    Alora uses her sling... And misses. Ajantis swings, sight unseen... and ends up hitting himself for 9 damage. Kivan misses twice, Cernd swings, but misses his wolf. Edwin does 6 to the flank of the wolf hanging off Ajantis's face. Skie strikes at the wolf that hurt her and hits it for 6. Keldorn tries to help Ajantis, whose angry/slightly panicked thrashing makes Keldorn miss. Aerie sets off another Acid arrow on the wolf's body. It lets out a strangled howl of agony, nearly dead. Valygar tries to Charm one of the wolves but is utterly unsuccessful. He gets the impression that something much older and more powerful is already controlling them, that overshadows him like an elephant overshadows an ant. He feels a shudder of fear go through his body. Branwen sets up her shot, and blasts the wolf, now dead, off Ajantis. Mr Stampy tries goring and trampling, but the wolves get the heck out of his way, and Irina slices the flank of one wolf hard with her sword (max damage +7 for hitting with a 20!).

The wolves charge at you, knocking Aerie down again (another Stoneskin layer gone). Bite Ajantis on the butt as they pass for 3, and tear Edwin a new one for 13. Then they are gone, disappearing into the shadows of the moonlit forest. Except for the wounds you bear, the dead bodies of the other wolves, and the blood splattered everywhere, you'd swear it had just been some kind of bad dream. And then those things remind you that it wasn't a dream at all.
    Additionally, Ajantis has discovered a new hairstyle, compounded of Wolf breath and saliva. "The Wolf Lick". Not exactly stylish, though. And kinda gross, what with the blood at the edges....
    Ha! Hammer time!
    *Branwen crows triumphantly and does her little Hammer dance before looking for something else to smite. Seeing the remaining wolves vanishing back into the depths of the forest, she cries angrily after them*
    Cowardly beasts! Come back and fight! Have you no honour???

Turns and looks at her party, particularly Ajantis, studying him critically.
    "Hmph. Methinks you should take a tad more care with your appearance before you go adventuring, young paladin. You look like something the cat...errr wolf...dragged in"
    OOC: damn...random encounter kicked our ass...is kinda scared about what's coming up to latch onto our heads next!
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    "Something very powerful and sinister is controlling these wolves...maybe we should head back while we are still alive." Valygar eyes the road back to town. Fear has struck his heart but he is too frightened to flee alone.
    "The wolves in these forests always seem endless," Irina says. "At least, that is what the hunters say."
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    Ajantis tries to hide his pain and turns to Branwen. "I thought you'd like this new look, my lady."
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't know why everyone's complaining. Those wolves were easy to scare off. I didn't even manage to hit one of them and they still ran away.

Alora 1 Wolves 0. Alora for the win.
    Edwin touches a finger gingerly to the wound and his side and winces, the finger comes away covered in crimson blood. His words come out in a snarl.

"These beasts are creatures of magic, controlled no doubt by this fiend Strahd. He shall be made to pay for what hurt he caused this day."

Edwin stumbles a bit, nearly falling. Due to the red of his robes it is difficult to tell just how much blood he has lost, but its a good guess he has lost far too much.

"But first, I need rest, and to study my spellbook. I shall not be taken so unaware next time."
    Hurts in the party: Keldorn took 18 damage in the fight and is at 99. Valygar, even healed, is at 65 (19 damage), Cernd is down to 58 from 72. Ajantis took 22 and is down to 86. Branwen is down 12, to 69. Edwin is down to 33 (from 54). Aerie is at 34 (from 40). And Skie is down to 43 (from 56). Only Alora and Kivan and Irina escaped being hit.
    "Ugh, I think I broke a nail..."
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    "Perhaps it is best to return, and lick our wounds. We'll need our rest for any fight tomorrow." Cernd said, as he exmined his wounds, and the wounds of Edwin and Aerie.
    "Yeah, lets go back to town, then not come back."
    No. We Heal and advance I will not surrender an easy victory to evil for such a small brawl.
    *Groans* "But I'm covered in blood and slobber from when Mr. Stampy exploded that wolf..."
    If we backtrack every time he attacks he will kill all of us before we ever get to his doorstep. We rest. We heal. We advance.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    bbear said:

"Something very powerful and sinister is controlling these wolves...maybe we should head back while we are still alive." Valygar eyes the road back to town. Fear has struck his heart but he is too frightened to flee alone.

Damn it man, why didn't you try that earlier, I might have been able to do something else, maybe free them from whatever held their minds. We should either push on, or track those wolves to their master. If we turn back now then what hope is there for us when we reach our destination.

OOC: besides, our most illustrious DM will just throw another random encounter on us. We should press on.

"Notice that the paladins who did little to win our recent battle, aside from swinging their swords in the air, now strive to continue on. Is it that you wish to further your embarrassment, or that your incompetent minds believe that you can somehow redeem yourselves in the faces of the women (who fought better than either of you)."

Edwin holds his side, to stem the flow of blood. Noticing the anger in the eyes of Ajantis he sighs.

"I apologize, it is the pain of my wounds that speaks. In truth I agree that we should continue forward. However, not before we tend to our wounds, regroup and ready ourselves."
This discussion has been closed.