Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Seriously not feeling well. Back on tomorrow, I hope.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Hurry, someone casts cure disease on LadyRhian.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I'm not a pally though, just an inquisitor! Ummm, Dispel Magic!(?) :/
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @LadyRhian - Hope you feel better
    Okay, I am done with making the random magic item rolls for the party. Once again, you will be having maximum hit points... Not that this may help you...

Keldorn Level 9 S 17, D 9, C 17, I 12, W 16 Ch 18 Hit Points 117

Magic Items- P. Fire Resistance, Cloak of Elvenkind, Sword +2 (Black) Dragon Slayer), Tome of Clear Thought, Scroll Protection from Petrification, Ring of Spell Turning, Wand of Wonder (88 ch), P. Healing, Splint Mail +3

Kivan Level 8 S 18/12, D 17, C 14, I 10, W 14, Ch 8 Hit Points 80

Magic Items- Scimitar +2, Periapt of Proof Against Poison, 13 +2 Arrows, Scalemail +2, P. Water Breathing, P. Super Heroism, Scroll Protection from Undead, Pearl of Wisdom (cleric use only) Robe of Useful Items

Valygar Level 7 S 17, D18, C16, I 10, W 14, Ch 10 Hit Points 84

Magic Items- Hammer +2, Ring of Warmth, Ring of Swimming, P. Healing, Crossbow of Speed, Tome of Understanding, Chainmail +2

Cernd Level 9 S 13, D 9, C 13, I 12, W 18, Ch 15 Hit Points 72

Magic Items- P. Invisibility, Figurine of Wondrous Power (Onyx Dog). P. Cloud Giant Strength, Ring of Protection +3, Periapt of Health, Shield +3, Ring of Fire Resistance, Sword +1 Flame Tongue

Ajantis Level 9 S 17, D 18, C 16, I 12, W 13, Ch 17 Hit Points 108

Magic Items- Luckstone, P. Sweet Water, Scroll of Protection from Demons, Shield +4, Spear +3, Plate +3, Sword +1 Luckblade
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Why does reading Scroll of Protection from Demons in the magic items list suddenly makes me worried? :)
    Alora Level 7 S 8, D 19, C 12, I 15, W 7, Ch10 Hit Points 42

Magic Items- Bow +1, Dagger +1, +2 vs Creatures Smaller than Man-Sized, Ring of Regeneration, Rope of Climbing, P. Healing, Sword +2, Javelin of Lightning, Bracers of Defense AC 7, Boots of Speed, 9 Arrows +3

Branwen Level 9 S 13, D 16, C 15, I 9, W 16, Ch 13 Hit Points 81

Magic Items- Sword +1, +3 vs. Lycanthropes and Shapechangers, Ring of Invisibility, Axe +3, Cloak of Protection +3, Medallion of ESP 90' Range, Oil of Slipperiness, Chainmail +1, Sword +1, Staff of Curing (22 ch), Scroll (Draw on Holy Might)

Edwin Level 9 S 10, D 10, C 16, I 18, W 10, Ch 10 Hit Points 54

Magic Items- Plate Mail +1, Tome of Clear Thought, P. Flying, Cloak of Protection +2, P. Polymorph Self. Scroll (Charm Person, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere), P. Speed, Dagger +2, +3 vs. Creatures Larger than Man-sized, Necklace of Missiles (1x8, 2x6, 2x4, 4x2)

Aerie Level 8/8 S 10 D 17, C 9, I 16, W 16, Ch 14 Hit Points 40

Magic Items- Scroll (Heal, Cure Light Wounds, Find Traps, Draw Upon Holy Might, Aid, Raise Dead), Studded Leather +1, Periapt of Wound Closure, Talisman of Pure Good, 17 Arrows +1, Ring of Invisibility, Mace +1, Sword +2, Ring of Protection +6 (adds +1 to all saves), Wand of Paralyzation (84 ch)

Skie Level 9 S 11, D 18, C 15, I 15, W 8, Ch 13 Hit Points 56

Magic Items- Sling of Seeking +2, Platemail +1, Shield +3, Sword +2, Giant Slayer, P. Clairvoyance, Figurine of Wondrous Power (Marble Elephant), Ring of Fire Resistance, Shield +1, Wand of Magic Missiles (94 ch), Scimitar +2, Bracers of Defense AC 6

You may notice that not all of you have items usable by yourself. I encourage you to trade amongst yourself for what you want.
    @Minevese DM smiles widely. (Old joke: worried Newbie D&D player- "Why is the DM smiling?" Rest of Players- "Urk!"
    Never ever ask why the DM is smiling, mainly if the smile comes after some dice rolling...
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited October 2012
    @Permidion_Stark I'll trade you my Sling of Seeking +2 for your Bow +1 (assuming it's a short bow) and the Arrows +3. You seem to like slings.

@scriver I'll trade you my Platemail +1 and Shield +3 for your Cloak of Protection +3 and Ring of Invisibility.

@Myval I'll trade you my Scimitar +2 for your Sword +1 Flametongue. Druids can use scimitars but not swords anyway.

And whoever wants my Shield +1, it's up for grabs. I can't use it and I don't see anything else to trade for.

And thank you @LadyRhian for doing all this again. All those stats and magic items seem like a lot of work.
    Post edited by Awong124 on
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora is very happy. She has got her Boots of Speed back. Now she can run into trouble much faster.

Awong124 said:

@Permidion_Stark I'll trade you my Sling of Seeking +2 for your Bow +1 (assuming it's a short bow) and the Arrows +3. You seem to like slings.

Alora is happy to trade her bow and arrows for Skie's sling. She is now on the lookout for some magical sling bullets.

edited October 2012
    @jhart1018
    Alora would like to ask Aerie if she will trade her +1 studded leather for Bracers of Defense AC7?

@Wiggles
    Alora would like to ask Keldorn is he would be interested in trading his Cloak of Elvenkind for a Ring of Regeneration?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @LadyRhian All those swords that just say "Sword", what kind of swords are they? Can they be whatever type of sword we want?
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Awong124 said:

@LadyRhian All those swords that just say "Sword", what kind of swords are they? Can they be whatever type of sword we want?

Maybe they'll be Sword of Boo +2!

• MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    As a shapeshifter, can I even use a Shield? If not then it's up for trade.

@Awong124 Sure, that sounds good to me.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Am I the only one who thinks this alternate Ajantis looks a bit Jaime Lannister?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Anyone need platemail +1 ? I will take trades or favors...
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2012
    @Permidion_Stark Aerie will happily trade Alora the studded leather +1 in exchange for Bracers of AC 7.
    Post edited by jhart1018 on
    Aerie dons the bracers of AC 7, the periapt of wound closure, the ring of invisibility (which she offers to loan Alora in the event of a sneaking emergency), and the ring of protection +6 (Woot!). The talisman of pure good is in her pocket. The wand of paralyzation is tucked into her belt alongside the mace +1. The scrolls go into her bag.

That leaves 17 +1 arrows and a +2 sword I'll trade to anyone who wants them. (I'll also take dibs on Ravenloft loot acquired.) Otherwise, I'll stow 'em in my bag and assume they'll come in handy later. :)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Do we get to assign our proficiency points? Or are they fixed according to the pts assigned in BG1/BG2?

Anyway, I am happy to trade/give away:

1) War Hammer+2 (for a melee thief weapon)
    2) Chainmail+2 (for stealth or a better armor)
    3) Tome of Understanding
    4) Ring of Warmth
    5) Ring of Swimming
    6) Crossbow of Speed (doesnt Valygar use a longbow?)

Looking for:

1) Spear (Ajantis, Spear+3), (Alora, Javelin of Lightning)
    2) Two Swords (Brawen, Sword+1,+3 vs shapeshifters and Sword+1)
    3) Bolts/Arrows
    @bbear I'll trade you my +2 sword for the Tome of Understanding. That's a permanent +1 to Wisdom, though. Are you sure you want to trade it away? I'll throw in the +1 arrows I have too, if you find a bow you like.
    edited October 2012
    @bbear you may have the javelin+3 I really don't see a paladin using anything but a sword. I'd go two handed but Ajantis is traditionally a sword and shield guy, :)

In this case I'll go Broadsword of Luck +1 and medium shield +4 :)
    edited October 2012
    Some more magical arrows would be nice as Kivan makes a good Archer...

A second magical sword would also be appealing... what's a ranger without two?

@jhart1018 - Kivan's eyes are drawn to Aerie's "Magic Arrows +1 (x17)" and "Sword +2". Would you perhaps part with them for a "Robe of Useful Items" and a "Scroll of Protection from Undead"?

@jhart1018 , @scriver - Kivan has a pearl of wisdom that he's tossing from hand to hand. Any desire for this one? I have no need for such trinkets. (Your remaining items seem pretty powerful... but maybe make an offer if you're interested?)
    My power is dropping in and out- just letting everyone know I'm safe (so far).
    Good luck with Sandy...
    @LadyRhian the like is for knowing you're okay and hoping you stay that way. :)

@HaHaCharade I made @bbear an offer on the sword already, but if he passes, it's all yours, and the arrows, too. I'd be very interested in the Robe of Useful Items and the pearl of wisdom.
    edited October 2012
    LadyRhian said:

My power is dropping in and out- just letting everyone know I'm safe (so far).

Good to hear! Hope you guys don't get any damage there.
    edited October 2012
    jhart1018 said:

@LadyRhian the like is for knowing you're okay and hoping you stay that way. :)

@HaHaCharade I made @bbear an offer on the sword already, but if he passes, it's all yours, and the arrows, too. I'd be very interested in the Robe of Useful Items and the pearl of wisdom.

Sounds good, sorry I didn't see that. I'm kind of running on fumes offers wise atm lol :P
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Sorry to do this, but if someone could play Keldorn that would be great. I'm working 12hrs at work and not having time to do other things on top of this. Sorry to do this. First come first serve.
This discussion has been closed.