Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Has enough time passed for Skie to summon Mr. Stampy again? If so, Mr. Stampy will create much carnage in such a confined space.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yes.
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    OOC: That protection from undead scroll would be helpful here. Shar-Teel was only level 6 this entire time? Le sigh.

Shar-Teel starts attacking with her axe---the thought of dying and returning as a shade to torment her fellow party members not exactly an unpleasant one.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiax readies his bless at the group of followers and once that is over begins chanting to almighty Cyric.

OOC: Is Tiax allowed to summon a Ghast? As he does in the game? if so, inbetween blessing and chanting a ghast shall come to meat shield me :D
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited February 2013
    Valygar goes for self-defense first, then protects the priests. I have a feeling that some of us will be joining the dead soon...

Edit: What items do I have available? I faintly remember I have the robe of useful items. What can I do with it?
    Robe of Useful Items has tokens you can rip off and they can become things, like a fire, rope and so on.

Valygar has a +3 Spear, Sword +2, Crossbow of Speed, Plate +1, Ring of Swimming, Javelin of Lightning, Sword +1, +3 vs Lycanthropes and Shapechangers, P.Healing.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited February 2013
    Sorry @bbear, Xzar has the robe of useful items and Valygar has the robe of blending. Speaking of Xzar, you better take over him @LadyRhian . As far as I can see @Communard hasn't been active at all this year. Lets hope nothing has happend to him. Further, the crossbow of speed and the plate +1 are currently in Garricks backpack. Also, Cernd is the one with the scroll of protection from undead.
    Yes, this will be interesting...
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    LadyRhian said:

Yes, this will be interesting...

How come when you say interesting I picture Stampy critical missing and stepping on aerie instead.

• Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    Guess it's time to get back on the train... cause there is bound to be some vacancies soon. Can I get added to the end of the list LadyRhian, character to be determined later.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie will climb up and ride on top of Mr. Stampy and fire arrows from above (also to avoid being trampled).
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC How much space is left for us to move with an elephant here?
    OOC: oh god, gonna get stomped on.
    OOC You should be more worried about the gnome-sized orifices that Shar-Teel just got access to.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited February 2013
    lockmund said:

OOC You should be more worried about the gnome-sized orifices that Shar-Teel just got access to.

Maybe it's a good thing Cernd ate me, Shar Teel is scaring me. I think I'd actually have to have had to fight her.

OCC: Don't ghosts need magical weapons to hit? Would that elephant even be able to?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Mr. Stampy is a magical elephant. :) I'd say that counts. Besides, being sat upon by any elephant wouldn't be comfortable.
    OOC: Is Mr. Stampy a republican elephant? Does it crave to crush liberals under its soles?
    It's been almost a week since @LadyRhian posted about the wights and we still haven't received the actions of Cernd, Branwen or Xzar. I think it's high time that we move ahead without such.

The logical thing for Xzar to do is cast Hold Undead or Vampiric Touch. Cernd has more option, but Garrick asked him before to prepare healing spells, Defensive Harmony and Strength of One, so one of those would be proper. As for Branwen, I figure she'd either melee or cast Negative Plane Protection on herself. These are obviously just suggestions, Garrick is singing, so he can't tell anyone what to do.
    OOC: It is about time we heard less orders from the prancing spoony bard ;) hehe
    OOC: LadyRhian hasn't posted in here for quite some time. I hope she is okay.
    Well, I've been sick. I think I caught something at work. You know how it is... work with the public, catch every little thing they decide to bring into public with them. I will update tomorrow. Feeling too dizzy right now.
    I hope you feel better soon LadyRhian :)
    Okay. Feeling a little better now. But the minute I lay down or turn my head too fast, I get dizzy spells. That sucketh donkey livers.

Okay, Skie summons Mr.Stampy. There is room for the Elephant, but the weight of it is making the entire floor shake. The feel of that turns your guts to water. Tiax summons a ghast, and Shar-Teel barely hits a Wraith for 5 (minimum). Ajantis misses, Valygar misses, Xzar casts "Hold Undead" and holds two of the wraiths, Branwen casts Negative Plane protection on herself (and plans to cast it on Aerie next round). Cernd, wary of taking on Wereform, Casts Bless instead. Aerie casts Holy Smite for 19. Half of the wraiths save. The Ghast doesn't, and is killed. Next round, wraiths win initiative. Four of them go after Mr. Stampy and hit for 14. Mr. Stampy vanishes with a loud cracking noise. Branwen gets hit for 3 (but no lost level this time!). Aerie is hit for 5 and a lost level. Branwen again for 4 (7 total). Then Tiax for 5 and a lost level, so 9 total. Xzar is hit for 1 and a lost level, so 3 total, Shar-Teel for 2 and a lost level, so 12 total, and Tiax gets zapped again hard for another 11 total.

Current party levels and total: Valygar Level 6, 68hp. Cernd Level 7, 52 hit points. Ajantis Level 8, 94 hit points. Branwen Level 9, 74 hp. Aerie Level 7/7 Cl/M, 26 hp. Skie Level 8, 45 hit points. Garrick Level 7, 42 hp. Xzar Level 4 11 hit points. Shar-Teel Level 4, 35 hp. Tiax Level 7/7, 52 hp.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll go on defending myself. No sense in turning my back on these things.
    Looks like Xzar is done for. Valygar defends himself too. Someone who has high THACO should go after the 2 held wraiths.
    OOC: No sense letting a potion go untasted.
    Shar-Teel grabs her potion of super restoration (potion of Diminution) and quaffs it. If she has any time she attacks.
    bbear said:

Looks like Xzar is done for.

OOC Well, that might be for the best, roleplaying is one thing, but Xzar hasn't had an active player for quite a while. I hate to have a spot blocked while people are waiting in the queue. Still, two held wraiths was a very good result. We should be able to mop them up in the end.

OOC Glad to hear you feel better @LadyRhian . It might have been karma striking back for all the level drains. ;) (Right, that comment won't jinx me at all).

Garrick will keep on singing. By the way, can he cast from scrolls while in armor?

The sisters came over. "You gotta' be joking.
    This man could not tell a sword from a shield"
    "I can! I'm a ranger. I carry a dagger.
    and wait 'til you see the longbow I wield"

Gunilla, the red one, defended our young man.
    As she was the eldest, she did have some clout.
    "But know friend that we don't have that much to pay you."
    He smirked "I am sure we can work something out."
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    "Do you hear that Boo? Our time has come at last! Evil will feel the butt of my handle and the cold bite of my blade.... Butt kicking for justice!."

OOC Sorry LadyRhain I haven't felt the need to post but i'm still actively reading this adventure. Am I up next in the que? I lost track...
    Right now, the queue is: @xxxsmb1987xxx
    @Delvarian
    @Fenris308
    @Knoland
    @DarthSkippy
    and @Drugar

Pulling out @names just to see if everybody is still here and still interested....
This discussion has been closed.