Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: I must not let Aerie die in another one of my adventures... not after telling her to go into the black hole in the wall.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    "Little man, you are doing fine. After all, your god Cyrus wouldnt want his favorite priest to end so quickly? He has a reputation to keep."
  • Darth_SkippyDarth_Skippy Member Posts: 37
    I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but I am also interested, but far enough down the list that I doubt Monty will get time in the near future.
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    Is this adventure dead now?? I certainly hope not. I was looking forward to zombie Boo,,,, 8(
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    No, I don't think it's dead, but it is sort of dying. Right now there are seven people that send in their orders very quickly, but then we wait for three that has disappeared. That means that each round has taken a week or more.

@LadyRhian we need to do something. Either we call it a day or we must move on without our comrades. It sounds a bit boring perhaps, but we have zapped a lot of characters into this game. Maybe it is time to unzap some to let the people in the queue join. Another option is to have those in the queue sub or take over Cernd, Xzar and Branwen. What do the rest of you people playing think of this? I'm asking you in the queue as well.
    I agree. I think we should move on w/o those characters. We should vote on this issue if LadyRhian doesnt mind.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Kill the idle characterss and let the people in the queue fade in the middle of combat.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Well I may simply be thinking selfishly here, but I'm ready to sub in or join whenever needed.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    I really like to follow these threads, so I say make way for those who will participate.
    Perhaps give the people who haven't posted a time limit to post again or be replaced?
    Tiax feels that the slaying of the weak willed in the name of Cyric shall be of use to the group. Cyric shall bless us with boons of gretaness and manpower. Perhaps someone who Tiax shall actually enjoy the company of.
    Make way for Boo!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Sorry, everyone. It's not just waiting for Godot. My Dad is sick, and I have been working, and then Dad wakes me up in the middle of the night so I get no sleep... :P Anyhow, I am off today (and in the middle of catching up on housework, but I plan to get another post done in a bit. Sorry for the delay. I haven't even had time to play anything on my computer lately.
    Okay. Garrick continues to sing. Ajantis kills a Wraith with a blow. Skie fumbles and her sword flies from her hand. Shar-Teel runs at Tiax to take a swing at his face, but barely clears his knee. Valygar takes his spear and rams it through a Wraith's chest, killing it. Tiax casts Negative Plane Protection on Valygar, And Aerie casts Stoneskin on herself. Cernd cringes back, upset at how many Wraiths are still left (5), Xzar's eyes dart left and right, and Branwen stands stock-still, locked in a panic.

Cernd is hit badly (Critical) for 18 and a level, then again for another 14 and dies of system shock. Xzar is hit once and turns to run. The Wraith strikes him from behind and kills him. Branwen calls out a word and disappears with all her equipment. Shar-Teel is hit again for 12 and a level. She falls down, chilled to the bone and unable to move... Aerie is hit for 3, but loses a level of stoneskin instead.

Once again the party loses initiative. Current party levels and total: Valygar Level 6, 68hp. Cernd (dead) Level 4, 10 hit points. Ajantis Level 8, 94 hit points. Branwen Level 9, 74 hp. Aerie Level 6/7 Cl/M, 19 hp. Skie Level 8, 45 hit points. Garrick Level 6, 33 hp. Xzar Level 3 3 hit points. Shar-Teel Level 2, 9 hp. Tiax Level 6/7, 39 hp.
    So, calling on @xxxsmb1987xxx, @Delvarian, and @Fenris308. So we have Xan (Del) and Minsc and Boo (Fenris). Who would you like to be xxxsmb?
    edited March 2013
    Life is so hollow.

Ooc: actually I wouldn't mind switching to Mazzy if that's ok.
    @Delvarian No problem at all.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie will switch to her Short Sword +2 and attack next turn.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll hit the nearest wraith. If there are none close enough, I'll try to protect our priests.
    *Tiax looks over lovingly at Skie, she feels weird until she realises it is the blade he is transfixed on*
    Tiax is in need of a better blade at some point.
    *Tiax casts doom on the nearest Wraith*
    "Tiax, the only way you're getting this blade is if I stick it up your bony old behind!"
    Hmm, the hard choise between making music and making gems with that strange wand of mine. I'll keep singing, at least I'll stay invisible that way.

Each night as they rested our hero collected
    a kiss from each sister and then he slept well.
    But sleeping on guard-duty isn't that clever.
    Our hero woke up to a fearstricken yell.

The fullmoon was shining on several robbers,
    the ladies were captured and tied in a row.
    At least now he knew they had found those they searched for,
    He measured the distance and lifted his bow.
    Standing by and ready LadyRhian
    ooc Sorry to hear about your father @LadyRhian and thank you once more for taking the time for this, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

I have a couple of questions about the game mechanics. Can I cast scrolls whilst wearing armor? It works in BG, but I've always found that a bit odd. Secondly, what does my bard song do? Is it a morale boost, +1/+1 or something else?

Also, does Tiax have 7 levels of cleric left? I really hope he does or we are f****d without Branwen or a priest. He just managed to cast Negative plane protection, so I reckon he does. Ofc it could be that he simply rules all the spells.
    OOC Also I would like to thank you for you time LadyRhian. Sorry about your current affairs 8( I run a pathfinder campaign with my buddies and know how much work being a DM is. And you are much more then "good" you are awsome! As a side note if we need a cleric I would be happy to play Viconia.
    @LadyRhian: Best regards for you and your father. I cant imagine the experience you are going through and your dedication to your father's well-being.

As for RPlaying, Valygar thanks Tiax for the spell and returns the favor by hitting lightly Tiax's behind. "I got your back, little man, if you know what I mean."
    bbear said:

As for RPlaying, Valygar thanks Tiax for the spell and returns the favor by hitting lightly Tiax's behind. "I got your back, little man, if you know what I mean."

Skie takes note of this exchange and starts to question Valygar's masculinity.
    Ooc : potential new romance mod for Tiax and Valygar?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie loves stoneskin. She also thinks Branwen may have cast Sanctuary on herself and hopes this is the case. Her next action shall be to cast flame arrow at the wraith who tried to hit her.

@LadyRhian My best to you and your dad. I hope he gets better and you're able to get some rest.
    OOC: At one point I was considering a bat shit crazy romance mod for TIAX, but I never thought of involving Valygar :P
This discussion has been closed.