Skip to content

Best fighter (single or multi) across the series

dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
Who is the best? The worst? Your favorite? If the NPC is only in one game (i.e. Shar-Teel), would you bring into the next/back to the first?

Edit: If you vote for Mazzy, whom I forgot and also couldn't fit, loudly state your opinion so I can pretend she is in the list. I'M SORRY, MAZZY!

Edit 2: -1 vote for Sarevok, +1 vote for Korgan on behalf of @semiticgod

Mazzy: 3
  1. Best fighter (single or multi) across the series81 votes
    1. Coran
        2.47%
    2. Jaheira
      16.05%
    3. Kagain
        2.47%
    4. Khalid
        0.00%
    5. Montaron
        2.47%
    6. Shar-Teel
        4.94%
    7. Yeslick
        3.70%
    8. Anomen
        4.94%
    9. Korgan
      33.33%
    10. Sarevok
      29.63%
Post edited by dockaboomski on

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I think Jaheira gets props for being the only fighter to stay with you throughout the WHOLE series.
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    And she is useful all the way from Friendly Arm Inn and becomes a monster in ToB.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Although korgan is berserker, the strongest fighter single class, i feel sarevok is better from rp reason, and i like his op stats, and cheesy deathbringer assault.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    "It looks like me former comrades have painted Pimlico's finery with his innards."
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    Sarevok all the way.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Jaheira is easily one of my favorite characters in the series, however, I have to give my vote to Sarevok. Jaheria is more a hybrid character and the poll asks about fighter specifically.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited September 2016
    Jaheira is the best Fighter Druid of course. But Korgan is Korgan
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    "Across the series" is a bit weird for Sarevok, but he's for sure the best fighter. Not even talking about his stats, just Deathbringer Assault alone is enough for the top spot.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you forgot mazzy and she's the best fighter because she's short, pureclass and can get good profs (better than 2h sword) and her special abilities are good
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I wanted to pick Coran for his insane THAC0 but realized Korgan was also on the list. I can't deny his shorty saving throws, 18/77 strength, and berserker rage.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It's a toss-up between Jaheira and Anomen for me. I ended up going with the former because I can't really call Anomen a dedicated fighter as he doesn't gain any more levels in the class. Jaheira is just all-around solid with decent stats (in BG2 at least...), great spells and probably serves as the best tank in the game. Plus she's my favorite NPC in the game.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    edited September 2016
    bob_veng said:

you forgot mazzy and she's the best fighter because she's short, pureclass and can get good profs (better than 2h sword) and her special abilities are good

Crap! That sucks, I really like Mazzy too. Sorry to all Mazzy lovers for my ignorance. I edited the op to remind people she exists.
    Coran is a beast in terms of combat, he's cool, and he's also almost in BG2. Why tease us, Bioware? Why?!
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Is this about effectiveness or personality or a hybrid? Also just Fighters seems odd, why not all warriors?
    PK2748 said:

Is this about effectiveness or personality or a hybrid? Also just Fighters seems odd, why not all warriors?

Whichever, although it makes for a bad poll. I'm measuring popularity mostly. I chose fighters because I couldn't fit all warrior types into one poll, with or without the multiclasses.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    edited September 2016
    Korgan w/o any real competition (bar Mazzy who I'd say is very close 2nd). Sarevok is overrated. Who needs DB when you can have Korgan with Unyielding Axe or Ravager? More HP, far better saves and infinitely more cool than Sarevok. And a berserker.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Fighter/Thief Sarevok is best Sarevok :wink:
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Charname is the best fighter across the series

^This. I almost always play a fighter multiclass and so of course Charname is the "best" fighter. :smile: Among the NPCs I would guess Korgan is the best, although Jaheira is my personal favorite.
  • EisenKreutzerEisenKreutzer Member Posts: 4
    Morte. *runs away and hides in a corner*
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the fact that the last boss from bg1 can join your team in ToB is just to damn good, what other game does that?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited September 2016
    *please ignore this redundant post*
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I changed my mind. As a no-reloader, Korgan's Berserker immunities and dwarf save bonuses are more important than Sarevok's superior damage output.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I had to throw my girl Shar-Teel some love - I love her personna, her versatility, and the fact that she can be dualed to a thief.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

Yeslick. Just imagine this dwarf fighter/cleric multiclass in late SoA and in ToB. You all say Korgan and his immunities. But with all the buffs available to Yeslick and his low saving throws he could be on par with that berserker. We really need a good dwarf in BG2!

Yeslick would be great in BG2, yes. I'd still vote Korgan, at least when using my install where multi class buffs are regulary dispelled even by Demons (who have unlimited ammount of Dispels with SCS/aTweaks)
    And Yeslick can't use katanas. While this isn't generally a big deal, if you're meleeing an aTweaked Balor you'll want Hindo's Doom in your hand during Ascension finale.
    In vanilla setup, Yeslik>Korgan late-game.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2016
    I can't believe this guy isn't winning.
    Post edited by Raduziel on