Skip to content

SCS: just how tough is it?

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    lol @subtledoctor I guess I should add SR to my mod list...not worries about BG1...its BG2 which is all magic that scares me as have a hard time with the vanilla game as is!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    You can reduce the amount of magic in the game by reducing wizard levels in SCS and setting item randomiser to get rid of 50% of magic items... though ToB will still be rather Monty Haul...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I've just finished the Beholder Lair in the Underdark with SCS.
    It was terrific, fantastic long running fight, with the Beholders actually seeming to hunt you down, the party split up and having to run a couple of fights at the same time in different places. Thank God SCS drops so many invisibility potions.

One thing I noticed was my Charname, because they were wearing the cloak of mirroring, couldn't be hurt by Gauths or Beholders, but they could be held.....for absolute ages.
    I don't know if it was meant to look like it did, but at one point it seemed as if the beholders gave up on magic and instead were trying to do "nudging" or "biting" damage.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Dont know if I want to get rid of item randomizer but maybe reducing wzrd levels is a good idea - Thanks @Mantis37
    Yeah that beholder lair I forgot about and like those kind of challenges so will leave the improved beholders and hope I dont get Merc'd!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2019
    I'm searching for a way to get SCS to be as light as possible, still being able to actually improve marginally the AI, without me pulling out my hairs every time I play it.

So...

is there 4 or 5 components that one would add that can improve the ai and not let it be idiotic, without going too far? If I had to explain how I would like the AI, it would be this way:

"With these component installed, creatures throughout the game will behave marginally more intelligently. Don't expect drastic increases in difficulty, but do expect, for example, creatures to no longer stand around without attacking inbetween drinking potions. This is not a tougher battles mod, but more of a fix for poor intelligence I witnessed while playing the game

If these components are installed, you get:

Less predictable attack targeting.
    Smarter usage of items such as potions and wands.
    Intelligent druid spellcasting.
    Intelligent paladin spellcasting.
    Randomised usage of certain abilities, such as Demilich imprisonment.
    New behaviour of illusionary images. (Simulacrum, Projected Image, Mislead.)

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    @Arthas the latest version of SCS can be adjusted using the difficulty slider - see here. That sounds like it might do the sort of thing you're looking for.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    A toned down version of SCS AI is the AI from the Quest Pack mod. Or you could just install General AI + Better calls for help and leave the mage/ priest AI alone for now.