Skip to content

Tresset's Choice Tweaks

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Tresset said:

I have just finished updating this thread to compensate for patch 2.5. I have removed most of the fixes/tweaks that are now obsolete. I have also updated the Longer Priest Kit Specials tweak so that it accounts for the changes in the new patch.

Did all that hard work and you will still have to update when 2.6 when that comes out. Which isn't too far off now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellTresset
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Would the Fe Ag hammer drop-in mod still work with BGEE V2.3 after your update to V2.5?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Tresset Random question. Would you be willing to compile your various tweaks into a single pack? THere's a lot of great stuff here, and it would be really convienant.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Tresset That's fair.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited December 2018
    I just learned that the devs made what I believe to be a very bizarre change to the bard song of the kitless bard. I have just updated my Bigger Bard Song tweak to compensate for this change.

Edit:
    So I said to my self:
    "You know what @Tresset? Why not?!"

I just decided to add a new feature to my Bigger Bard Song tweak. It will now enlarge the jester's song as well. The jester song will now affect all targets within visual range (60' radius) of the jester.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    MirandelZaghoulJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Nice. One of the earliest PnP Jesters that Roger E Moore did for The Dragon back in the early eighties had a range of exactly 60'. Sound reasonable to me. If skalds and regular bards can influence others to fight harder or be luckier, than the jedter should be able to make enemies mad and confused at that range as well. B)
    Tresset
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited February 2019
    Are these tweaks compatible with other mods? I see some very interesting things here, but I'm worried that installing them might break my installation. I'm playing BG2EE and SCS is the only mod I have installed.

UPDATE: The Grease fix did break my game a bit. Now the name of the spell and its description are gone and they have been replaced by some weird text:
    1euyxxr137fn.png
    Post edited by Alonso on
    edited April 2019
    I just updated the broken door and area transition fix for BG1:EE so that it actually works now.

@Alonso I will have to take a look at the grease thing. As for compatibility with other mods, You should be safe with the ones that install with Weidu, but the ones that you put in override folder are probably not so safe.

Edit: Looks like I made a bit of an error with the grease one. I will have to make some adjustments for BG2:EE.
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboGusindaAlonso
    Waylaid by Enemies with Music Hotfix.

This is a hotfix I made which assigns music to all the "waylaid by enemies" areas in BG1:EE. I did this because a bug in the current version of the game causes these areas to be completely without music. Before now, these areas simply used the same music from the area you had just left. I did my best to assign appropriate music choices to each area based on the general type of area it was, i.e. if it was a forest I assigned forest music to it, and if it was a plain I assigned plain music to it, etc.
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboGusinda
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    hi Tresset how are you? sorry to bother but i gotta ask did you add the "Juggernaut Golem Tweak" you made for me on my "Golem stats" thread to this mod yet? its just that i'm making a clean install and i want to reduce the amount of mods i'm using (plus i genuinely think its something that would fit in here).
    @marcialhd looks like that one is not here right now. I will have to see if I can find the files on my computer...
    JuliusBorisov
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi Tresset. First of all thank you for sharing your tweaks with the community.

I've been using your bigger bard song range tweak in my new BG1EE playthrough on 2.5 patch, but I'm not sure that it's working. Party members need to stay extremely close to each other to keep the song effect. And when they start moving, it seems to break the song effect nearly immediately.

But I must say I'm using a bard kit from a mod, Troubadour from Bardic Wonders mod.
    But I installed your tweak after installing this mod. Do you think this is because I'm using this kit mod?

Thanks in advance, and sorry about the bother
    @Ludwig_II my bard song tweak only modifies the base game bard songs. If you want to apply the bigger song radius to mod kits you will have to use NI to switch the projectile of the songs to my custom projectile. If the song was meant to hit allies then use the "BARDSO" projectile. If the song was meant to hit enemies then use the "JESTSO" projectile.
    Ludwig_IIJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Thank you so much for the explanation. I will do as you said then.
    lolien
    edited March 2020
    Sensible Illithid Intelligence Drain (download in OP).

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time: Make it so that illithids in BG cannot drain the intelligence of mindless or brainless creatures. Now it has become a reality! With this mod, Illithids cannot drain the intelligence of mindless or brainless creatures. Illithids will also not be able to drain the intelligence of large creatures, such as dragons and giants, unless they are incapacitated (such as by the illithids' Mind Blast ability). This will affect all illithids that drian intelligence on hit (including the Mind Flayer form of the level 9 mage spell Shapechange). It does not affect Vampiric illithids. Note that the illithids can still deal physical damage to immune creatures hit by their attack, they just cannot drain the intelligence of such creatures. If you are interested in this mod, you may also want to see this discussion. Make sure you install the correct version to each game! There is one version for BG1 and one for BG2. If you mix them up, you may get string issues.

I made the following creature types immune to the drain:
    • Large creatures that are not helpless (Stunned, Asleep, Held, etc.)
    • All undead
    • Golems
    • Mists
    • Shambling Mounds
    • Slimes
    • Dancing Swords
    • Elementals
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    a question: is a charname or npc immune to the int drain when he is transformed into one of this forms?
    druids can turn themselves into elementals using elemental transformation, mages can turn themselves into golems and slimes, everyone can turn himself in a slime using the cloak of the sewers.
    does it protect from the int drain or only the creatures and not humanoids transformed into them are immune?

and what about hexxat, being an undead is she immune to the int drain?

if so i see a whole array of anti flyers tactics possible with this component active.
    what about aerie poly morphed into a slime while stoneskin, a couple of fireshields and blade barer are active? immune to the drain she can tank the physical damage with the skin and she has not even to try to hit the flyers to kill them.
    semiticgoddess
    @gorgonzola As far as polymorphing goes, some of those forms you mention are considered large creatures, such as the golem, slime, and earth elemental. As such, these forms are immune to the drain unless they are helpless. Other shapes, however, such as the fire elemental shape, are not immune to the drain. This is because the mod works by making specific race types immune to the drain. Since polymorphing technically does not change the race type, it also does not trigger the immunity to drain on its own. This is not something I would want to mess with.

Hexxat, on the other hand, is indeed considered undead, and, as such, she is immune to the drain.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
    edited March 2020
    @Tresset as i already wrote in the other thread you opened imo the fact that the race is not changed is only a technicality, if a fire elemental is immune, not because of how his race is internally represented in the game engine, but because he lacks of a brain that a flyer can eat or affect, also a druid in the fire elemental form lacks of an humanoid brain as long as he is transformed, i see absolutely no reason why a flyer should int drain him if he can not drain a fire elemental, originally existing or summoned by a caster.
    the druid as long as is transformed takes all the physical characteristics of the fire elemental, nowhere is written or assumed that he continues to have a physical humanoid brain.
    Tresset wrote: »
    This is something I have wanted to do for a long time: Make it so that illithids in BG cannot drain the intelligence of mindless or brainless creatures. Now it has become a reality! With this mod, Illithids cannot drain the intelligence of mindless or brainless creatures.......................

I made the following creature types immune to the drain:
    Elementals
    as long as a druid is transformed into a fire elemental he is brainless, the technicality that internally in the game his race is not changed and that you use the race to check if a creature is immune should not affect it.
    and this is only my humble opinion about it, i any way thank you for creating the component and the whole mod, don't get me wrong, every mod gives to the players more freedom to play as they like, and that freedom is one of the things of those games that i value the most.

EDIT: you have already answered to this in the poll you opened, in which you say that you agree with me, but to actually implement it would have been technically a nightmare of work, so probably answering to me is not needed.

Post edited by gorgonzola on
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Sorry that I am blind, but where is the download link for this mod?
    @Necromanx2 It is in the original post of this thread, on page 1.
    JuliusBorisov
    yes, you have to click on the name of each mod, as it is a collection of mods that have to be installed separately, that is written in red.
    for the components added in a second time if you click on the red text "description here", right below each download link, you are directed to the post in this thread where the description of what the mod does is given, for the components originally posted the description is in the spoiler.