Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Makes a lot of sense @Aasim.
    But then again BG1 thiefs suffer quite a bit from this, too.
    Ofc they have BS to kill quicker and traps to cheese stronger. :D
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,324
    After recharging items Chiron travelled to Baldur's Gate where she immediately fell victim to a poisoning attempt. That was partly resolved after Jalantha tried and failed to chastise her subordinate priestesses with her fists, but the poison turned more virulent when Chiron went after Marek. I was distracted by family matters and didn't take precautions (such as charming others in the room before Chiron showed himself to Marek). When Marek went invisible Chiron should definitely have run away, but he still got one last chance when Marek chose to show himself by attacking with his bow while in melee range. I foolishly kept him on the exit point of the stairs though with the intention of running if Marek started a spell. However, he used a minor sequencer and even with double-tapping the space bar that cast and took effect so quickly that the game only paused again with Chiron on the verge of death (and too late to even take a potion).
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited May 2017
    Very effective @semiticgod, I agree. But what about destruction of loot? I'm not sure how Revisions handles petrification, but in non-Revisions installs, I wouldn't want Kirian's party petrified by a basilisk. Besides the basilisks themselves sometimes drop good loot: rare scrolls such as Knock or Blur, or maybe even Haste, or a Laeral Tear's necklace worth 3k GP.
    My experience is that the green scroll of protection from petrification from the Nashkel Carnival + wand scorchers (for arcane types) / backstabs (for thieves) / ranged attacks (for warriors) / skeleton warriors (for clerics) + eventually Korax for the last two basilisks and Mutamin = success pretty much guaranteed.

Condolences @Grond0. Would you consider rolling up a sturdier character, say a Cleric/Ranger or a Dwarven Defender, so that we may see your knowledge and resourcefulness put into practice in SoD? :)

@Victor_Creed_SFV, I used the Monk Overhaul mod from this thread, which uses the Oversight HLAs changes it so that Sun Soul monks can't get Lunar Stance and Dark Moon monks can't get Solar Stance.

Even with that I get Invalid xxxx ingame instead of HLA names and descriptions.
    It seems the monastic order mod is incompatible with other monk related mods even tho I used the base monk and not the kits. :'(

@Grond0 what a damn shame. :(
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Grond0 said:

Does using DUHM to trigger constitution regeneration before you rest not work in your installation?

Yep it does, but more often than not, it was used during the actual fights. :p
    Cool to see ya back @Harpagornis .
    No I'm not good enough for simul chess but I like trying to get better in chess by learning openings and checkmates etc, but I never have the stamina to practise chess every day for longer than a couple of weeks, then it gets too much for my brain and I don't play for another couple of weeks. :'(
    edited May 2017
    Just in case I forgot to mention it before, big shoutouts to one item added by the Monastic mod buyable in Watchers Keep, gloves called "Black Lashings of Loviatar ".

Black Lashings of Loviatar
    Lalaskra was a priestess of Loviatar who lived in the 12th century of Dale Reckoning. Originally from Ormpetarr, she eventually left to join the clergy of Loviatar, Mistress of Pain. Lalaskra rose quickly through the ranks and soon became a Pain of Loviatar. In 1177 Dale Reckoning, an unscrupulous thief stole the Tome of Torment, a relic of the Ilmatari faith, and sold it to Lalaskra. Lalaskra used the relic's innate magic to reform it into a suit of barbed armor, which Lalaskra wore constantly as an outward display of her devotion to the Painmaiden. Lalaskra's deeds pleased Loviatar, who, in a show of appreciation, took two of heads from her whip and gifted them to Lalaskra. Lalaskra was soon after killed in a petty feud between two lovers, and the whips were lost for many years.

STATISTICS

Equipped Abilities:
    Bound Hands: Wearer cannot use melee weapons.

Combat Abilities:
    Kiss of Pain: Unarmed attacks have a 10% chance to cause 4d6 damage, then 3d6 the next round, then 2d6 the next round, then d6 the last round. A save vs. death after each round ends the effect.
    Lacerating Hands: Unarmed attacks inflict an additional d6 points of slashing damage and then 2 points of damage every round for 1 turn.
    THAC0 (fist): +4 bonus
    Damage (fist): +4

The lacerating hands ability mentioned last is the most op thing in the game.
    While the initial damage is slashing the 2 points every round for 1 turn(!!!) is magical, interupts spellcasting and is cumulative.
    Compared to this Assassins poison is a childs toy. :D
    There is no save for that btw.