Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Yes, very true my plan was to use it only if malison is on me because without malison the saves are below -1 anyway, up to that point most enemies deplete their remove magic even if you have no actual removable buffs on.
    I also did not give beholder rays a chance to burn thru spell protections in my latest SCS install.

On another note: What do you guys think about removing BG1 xp cap for classes that are severally weakened in BG1? I was specifically thinking about the monk who in my eyes has gotten a lot more interesting in SoA/ToB due to improved invis saving throw bonus, but doesn't even get +1 weapons in BG1 xp cap.
    I alos found this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33618/mod-monk-overhaul
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited May 2017
    What would the XP values look like for a solo LoB character, with or without LoB XP bonuses? I can only guess at some numbers, but some of you folks have already made it a ways into the saga and would know.

A solo character should get about 6 times as much XP as a full party and LoB bonuses roughly quadruple XP in my experience (more in BG1 due to 1000 XP kobolds, less in BG2), so this is what I would assume would happen.

BG1 party of 6: 100,000 XP (level 7-9)
    BG1 solo: 600,000 XP (level 10-13)
    BG1 party of 6 with LoB XP bonuses: 400,000 XP (level 9-12)
    BG1 solo with LoB XP bonuses: 2.4 million XP (level 14-21)

SoD party of 6: 500,000 XP (level 10-13)
    SoD solo: 3 million XP (level 15-24)
    SoD party of 6 with LoB XP bonuses: 2 million XP (level 14-19)
    SoD solo with LoB XP bonuses: 12 million XP

BG2: maxed out regardless for a solo character

If these numbers are correct, a solo character should be able to get a single HLA by the end of SoD--which would notably open up the options of Summon Deva, Summon Planetar, Earth Elemental form, and Hardiness, plus level 9 spell picks for sorcerers. In my install (I installed a bunch of stuff via BWS), it's possible to pick HLAs in BG1.

This has bearing on the polymorph strategy for players without the scroll scribing mod, as you only get so many spells to use against the final boss of SoD.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Ah yes... it's been so long since I visited this thread that I forgot the early rules.

I wasn't entirely sure beating LoB as a solo character was possible without the XP bonuses, but after reading about you guys' work, I've changed my mind.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

BG1 party of 6: 100,000 XP (level 7-9)
    BG1 solo: 600,000 XP (level 10-13)

You get around 170,000 XP per character in BG1 if you complete *everything* which amounts at least one million XP for a solo character. I've very rarely finished BG1 solo with less than 800,000 XP while having done most of the quests in the game as well.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    @semiticgod is right: The Martyr's Morningstar +2 works even against Big B when critting him. But the big question is: Will the suffering to roll 20´s be really better than just hacking him down with +3 weapons? Tanking him as a Warrior is no option and F/M i dont count as they are banned! LOL!!! :D
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    edited May 2017
    I don't get any xp bonuses either.

@Harpagornis what are your thoughts on Monk mods, if xp cap removal is too cheesy in your opinion?
    I've found a mod called Monastic order of Faerun, which would make monks super viable vs Melissan giving Stunning and Killing blows save malus from level 15 onward (up to -5 I believe).
    This would still make SoD a big pain, you get +1 fists in BG1 with that mod, but your Armor class is quite low and Big B can't be hit by fists, so I'm not even sure if I'd have the balls for a full monk playthru.

Maybe instead after finishing ToB with Droolit I make a BG2 only playthru with the Monk mod, but somehow that would feel incomplete. :D

Droolit in the meantime got Durlag's goblet and Kiel's helm, fighting 2 doppelgangers 1on1 cuz she was too lazy to rest for her dogees, but due to her -14 ac vs slash they didn't prove much of a challenge as only crits hit for pitiful 2 damage (she had 15% dr from AoF).
    After that she murdered Ragefast, even tho he agreed to let the nymph go free due to her high CH.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Vynn Your post was caught in our spam filter. I have returned it to the forum and fixed it so that this should not happen to you again.