Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Artona said:

BG logic in general: across the series, there are only like 5 people or something smart enough to surrender. I mean, is it really worth it, Silke?

Well, to be fair, can't say I ever surrendered to anyone myself. ;)
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    But you have Powerword:Reload at your disposal! :) That surely changes the odds.
    I busted with mine with an axe long ago. Can't re-load now if I tried, hehheh. I just get uninterested after that for some reason. Breaks the immersion I guess, at least for me. Guess I have played it so long I need that little bit of extra to keep doing so and enjoy it. It doesn't for many though, I know, and doesn't bother me in the least. :)
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Zaghoul
    I'm not good enough at the game to try a no reload challenge. I've thought about doing one, but I'd have to start from the ground up on Easy and hope nothing happened. Lots of people out there doing LOB Solo No Reloads, when the best I can handle is Core-Rules, Full Party reload at least five times a chapter.
    It tends to make me more carefull. It adds just that little bit of excitement I like from surviving,and the rather large helpin of 'Oh lawd, I'm toast' when gettin killed off, with the resulting disappointment. :) Then it's back to the drawin board.
    @Zaghoul
    Not so fun fact, it's actually possible to survive getting scalped (though probably less likely in the 14th century) though I think someone would certainly notice losing their scalp.

@Zaghoul
    Not so fun fact, it's actually possible to survive getting scalped (though probably less likely in the 14th century) though I think someone would certainly notice losing their scalp.

Yeah, the bandits not noticing is the crazy part. ;)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Wait, don't you use novocaine before scalping people?
    DreadKhan said:

That's the ticket. The better rogues must keep a lil spray bottle of a strong n fast actin mixture of numbing berries n herbs. Smooth off, without noticing. B)
    Zaghoul said:

DreadKhan said:

That's the ticket. The better rogues must keep a lil spray bottle of a strong n fast actin mixture of numbing berries n herbs. Smooth off, without noticing. B)
    Try clove oil, its high in eugenol. ;)

@Zaghoul
    Lol.

It's too bad that doesn't work with every item. Imagine nicking Valygar's dead body off of him without him noticing! That would be so trippy.

I think local anesthetic wouldn't for it for that; Valygar will still notice.

Perhaps chloroform?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    DreadKhan said:

No, it makes it hard to grip the tomahawk.

Well, it seems my thread took an unexpected and very dark turn.....

Well, it seems my thread took an unexpected and very dark turn.....

Welcome to the Beamdog forum, Mr Maldovar!

edited August 2017
    @tbone1
    Been here for years actually (I was DJSweatz2013) , but it probably has something to do with me never having the joys of a 12 page thread (thanks by the way, I love you guys)
    Well, that makes it even MORE suited to this thread ;) and begs the following question.

How come, er, uhm... why do they still have the brown hair after I pickpocket the blonde scalp smooth off?
    Another possible answer I just thought, they must keep an extra blonde scalp magically hidden and attached to their head to satisfy the wood be rogue.

But then you have rogue that is darn good at PPing, but a terrible sense of observation and attn to small details. B)

I wonder what wizard is specializing in hairpieces?
    That might even warrant waitin a whole minute, heh.
    Black Talons are like Empire in Star Wars - exclusively human, exclusively male.
    tbone1 said:

This has probably been said before in this thread (can't be bothered to look) but:

All bandits are blonde.

Also, despite none of them being a monk, they intend to kick things to death... didn't anyone tell them they only deal non-lethal damage unarmed?
    @Artona
    For groups to be exclusively male in the middle ages was common. Exclusively human in a forgotten realms setting though, that is odd.
    I think you can hardly compare Realms to society's structure in middle ages. :)
    Also, in the middle ages you could totally kick someone and deal lethal damage!

Actually, you might be able to do that now, too.
    tbone1 said:

No, it makes it hard to grip the tomahawk.

Does anyone else think that "tomahawk" sounds like a vegetable of prey?