Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Grimgor Logic

I just told you that cutting off my head would only get you a pile of ash, are you deaf AND stupid
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Cadderly_Bonaduce
    So I just found out that Cadderly is an actual character in D&D and not just a random NPC.

"Greetings, I am Cadderly. A visitor to Candlekeep, like yourselves"
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Cadderly_Bonaduce
    So I just found out that Cadderly is an actual character in D&D and not just a random NPC.

"Greetings, I am Cadderly. A visitor to Candlekeep, like yourselves"

I read thst Quintet with gusto... I suspect the present me would enjoy it less, but I still recomend the series strongly!
    edited August 2017
    Reevor Logic:
    Charname is a soldier....even if he's a Dragon Disciple.

Hey @DJKajuru just checking on your progress. Take all the time you need of course, I just wanted to see how you were doing. My post is mainly to bump this thread up so it can stay alive long enough to feature your work (and because I REALLY like this thread)

Over 4K views now guys, you're awesome.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Evil Blackguards? No problem, as long as they don't break the rules, they are welcome to the Friendly Arm Inn. Unpleasant, slimy, conniving but not violent Bard? Nope, not welcome here.
    Shoutout to @ZaramMaldovar for making me aware of this one.
    @ThacoBell
    Eldoth being not welcome is as far as I know only part of the BG1 NPC Project. However, Eldoth is a scumbag and Dorn minds his own business unless he has a reason to. Dorn isn't simply going to threaten innocent people or go on a killing spree for no reason. The average person has no need to fear from Dorn unless they get in his way. He likely hasn't done anything to personally piss off Bentley....Eldoth on the other hand cheated Bentley and thus gave him a personal reason to hate him. Bentley might not like the idea of a blackguard being in his tavern (if he even knows Dorn is a blackguard) but a paying customer who minds his own business and doesn't go killing or stealing from innocent people is welcome at the Friendly Arm even if their overall intentions aren't so great or their demeanor is less than appealing.

Baeloth for example is quite pleasant for a CE Sorceror, I'm sure Bentley doesn't mind him being there either.
    @ZaramMaldovar "Dorn isn't simply going to threaten innocent people or go on a killing spree for no reason."

Well, not BG1 Dorn at least... :wink:
    @ThacoBell
    I never said that Dorn would NEVER go on a killing spree. In BG2 he has reasons, when he was in Barrow he had reasons. I just meant to say that he isn't going to wander into a town and kill everyone he sees for the hell of it.

@ThacoBell
    I never said that Dorn would NEVER go on a killing spree. In BG2 he has reasons, when he was in Barrow he had reasons. I just meant to say that he isn't going to wander into a town and kill everyone he sees for the hell of it.

I think maybe my interpretation of the character may be different. I can totally see him start slaughtering people for the heck of it. Remember Barrow was simply to spread fear.
    @ThacoBell
    I think it's safe to say we have different opinions, I can see why that and lines like "We shall cut a bloody swath across the Sword Coast" can sway your opinion. I think we can both agree that Dorn is a great character though.

@ThacoBell
    I think it's safe to say we have different opinions, I can see why that and lines like "We shall cut a bloody swath across the Sword Coast" can sway your opinion. I think we can both agree that Dorn is a great character though.

I at least like BG1 Dorn :wink:
    @ThacoBell
    I take it you aren't a fan of Dorn's BG2 story? To each their own I suppose. I do agree that his BG1 story is better.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,079

@Montresor_SP
    Irenicus chose CHARNAME because he is the most powerful Bhaalspawn he is capable of getting his hands on (Sarevok died and the Five are too powerful)...

Illasera is too powerful?
    @OlvynChuru
    Lol, I completly forgot about Illasera. She isn't powerful enough when compared to Charname or Sarevok. The rest of the Five on the other hand? A Different story. Basically, Irenicus is Goldilocks and you are JUUUUUUUUUUST right

@Montresor_SP
    Irenicus chose CHARNAME because he is the most powerful Bhaalspawn he is capable of getting his hands on (Sarevok died and the Five are too powerful)...

Illasera is too powerful?
    Her quickness renders her unspeakably fast... so, uh, she'll speed him to death if he tries anything!
    @DreadKhan
    Uh huh, I'd like to see her try. There's no way Illasera is faster than the spellcasting Irenicus did in that Chapter 1 cutscene. Give Irenicus like 3 seconds and she's dead three times over.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Isn't Illasera higher level than Charname or even Sarevok at the end of SoD?
    @Artona
    Considering she is the only member of the Five that is lower level than Charname by the beginning of TOB, I think it can only be assumed that by the end of SOD she is also lower level than Charname.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @ZaramMaldovar
    You're right, that was kinda of a dumb question ^^'. It's easy to forget that there are other people than Charname's party that are leveling up.
    @Artona
    Indeed. How else do you explain characters being stronger the 2nd time you encounter them? :P

On the other hand BG Logic in general says that unless a character is important to the plot or an NPC's quest that they aren't going to level up ever. Because that makes sense :P
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Two maybe three groups have the following logic:

All iron is crumbling in a politically unstable region which might have Bhaalspawn? Right, send in first level characters to investigate!
    @tbone1
    Test of limits; yes, test of limits.
    Sarevok dies and is drawn into the Abyss, proceeds to level up.
    Sarevok: Well, at least I've got time to grind!
    @DreadKhan
    And boy does he, a shame that joining your party causes him to go back down in level.
    edited August 2017
    @Eadwyn_G8keeper
    Thalantyr is a good guy deep down. Besides, he was looking to upgrade to Clay anyway. Stronger, quicker, more durable, and fixes the hygiene issue too. The only problem is getting some of the ingredients imported from Amn.