Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    DreadKhan said:

tbone1 said:

This has probably been said before in this thread (can't be bothered to look) but:

All bandits are blonde.

Also, despite none of them being a monk, they intend to kick things to death... didn't anyone tell them they only deal non-lethal damage unarmed?
    Maybe it's only your fists that deal nonlethal damage. That's why monks do lethal damage--they kick people instead.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @semiticgod
    I once played with a monk named He Who Kicketh A** granted I only played through BG1 with him, but it was a fun play through.

Hail page 13!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    tbone1 said:

tbone1 said:

No, it makes it hard to grip the tomahawk.

Does anyone else think that "tomahawk" sounds like a vegetable of prey?

Nah, more of a fruit of prey imho. ;)
    You can now purchase Narro's Dictionary of Bizarre Vocabulary and Occurences at Waukeen's Promenade. All proceeds go towards the dest-, I mean the goals of Sorviz Narro...which are for the greater good of course.

You heard nothing, have a cookie.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited August 2017
    Hey @ZaramMaldovar !
    I have made a model sheet of your character, it doesn't take much effort for him to possess the striking presence that you describe since he's a tall guy with green hair and colorful robe. This is a sketch but it's a base for action poses and other illustrations. Would you change something?
    @DJKajuru
    Nothing I can think of, this is almost perfect. I did like the original more unkempt hair a bit better though, and see if you can keep in the amulet. I look forward to your work.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

@DJKajuru
    Nothing I can think of, this is almost perfect. I did like the original more unkempt hair a bit better though, and see if you can keep in the amulet. I look forward to your work.

Certainly . Oh, I did forget the amulet, my mistake!
    @DJKajuru
    Mistakes happen, I look forward to your work.

SOD ending logic:
    Charname is informed about Soultaker Dagger, but no further investigation is made into it and Charname never searches for it to free Skie....unless we assume that canonically the events of TOTSC take place after TOB.
    5K Views and climbing now, you guys are awesome!
    @Arctodus
    High Intelligence (15 is actually high) and low wisdom my friend.
    @Artona
    As most people with high intelligence and low wisdom would. Edwin would make the same mistake
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited August 2017
    Well, my parents have two LoTRs - one that is supposed to be read, and other just to look pretty on the shelf. ;)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,537
    edited August 2017
    I have a fancy monopoly game that is just for the looks. I have played with it only on extremely rare occasions with a very select group of individuals. It is a wooden set with glass cover, silver and golden houses and hotels etcetera.

It has nothing to do with high intelligence and low wisdom though. I think it is all about bragging rights!
    What about bragging centers?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,371

What about bragging centers?

There are places where braggarts get together and swap stories? That sounds like fun!
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Reminds me of the events in a certain tavern in the city of BG, the Helm and Cloak, if i recall correctly.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    If BG3 ever happens, it definitely should have tavern named "No Sword nor Shield Look Elsewhere Greedy Adventurer".
    @Artona
    Perhaps, but that would be a ruse. There is always something in the taverns. It might be Volo, it might be a subquest, it might be an item, it might be a useless but hillarious npc, it might be someone is trying to kill you or it might be a misguided Paladin who swings his sword at anything he sees as evil without thinking about it first.
    The only times death penalties are specifically mentioned are

1. Chapter 6- After the party is arrested for the murder of the Iron Throne leaders. Now, death penalties for murder are commonplace so it wouldn't really be that big of a deal. Also at this time we can safely assume that Scar is dead.

2. Chapter 7- If you are caught by Angelo's men they actually sentence you to die when they throw you in jail. By now, we know for sure that Scar is dead and the Flaming Fist is merely a puppet regime led by Sarevok.

3. Chapter 13 (SOD)- While a death penalty is not expressely stated, it is implied. At this point the Flaming Fist is securely back in rightful hands (not Scar because he's still dead) but you are again on trial for murder in which the death penalty is commonplace.

Conclusion: The Flaming Fist is a LN organization, you're going to sentenced to death anyway because in their eyes the law is the law is the law. Nothing inherently right or wrong about that, it's just the law plain and simple.