Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    And he walks up to you to ask you not to bother him.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Has anyone else noticed that the sitting drunk tavern patrons are some of the wealthiest people of the whole game? No matter how much time passess, their wallets are deep enough to always get refills. Even their chairs are special custom made and enchanted with spartial magic. Each of them basically are sitting on Privy of Holdings +5 with a permanent Zone of Sweet Air status effect. Allowing for swiftly doing their business in public. All while keeping drinking of course.

What else does that make them if not dirty rich?!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Or when you emerge from the Planar Sphere into a hellish abyssal plane and Jan is like, "ah, this reminds me of the turnip cellars..."

Ever smelled a turnip gone bad? The Abyss is downright friendly!
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @createaccount
    I think you need a new username there, buddy. In any case, you still made a good point.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    @createaccount, I think that @JuliusBorisov can help once you come with an idea for new name =]
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Shikao said:

@createaccount, I think that @JuliusBorisov can help once you come with an idea for new name =]

Thanks @Shikao I will think about a better name.
    @StummvonBordwehr
    I like it!
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Maybe that's way every mercenary there has +3 armour? Because it doesn't get heated up?
    I mean, taking off armour would be easier, but well...
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    Magic could be the solution, yes. In some other games tho... Oh, yes, I remembered Gothic 3 with the paladin in full plate armor sitting in the middle of desert :)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Two fighters take on enemies in melee while four weaker party members armed with missile weapons fire at them from a distance - from several different directions.

Missiles that miss the enemy never, ever hit a friendly target - not the fighters, not the missile fighters standing opposite from the fight, and certainly not innocent bystanders.

Not to mention the fact that an enemy confronted by a group or individual with bows, crossbows, slings and/or missile weapons will never do what any sane person would do and run away as fast as they can. Hell, I'll bet even a pissed off bear would run away after being hit by the 3rd or 4th arrow instead of chasing you around trees, boulders and buildings until it's dead!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Once a bear decides that it wants you dead, it will not stop coming until one of you is. There are quite a few nightmarish recorded bear attacks of bears getting shot in the face with GUNS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO KILL BEARS AND JUST KEEP COMING. Bears are terrifying.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    ThacoBell said:

Once a bear decides that it wants you dead, it will not stop coming until one of you is. There are quite a few nightmarish recorded bear attacks of bears getting shot in the face with GUNS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO KILL BEARS AND JUST KEEP COMING. Bears are terrifying.

A BG bear however, is slower than you for some reason. A real bear wouldn't need to bob and weave around trees and bushes. It would just catch you and maul you! They're fairly intelligent so I don't know if they'd keep after you if they couldn't catch you.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Black bears aren't as scary... by which I mean they are not especially likely to attack a big adult human that might outweigh the bear. Apparently they aren't even that dangerous with cubs, but I'd really prefer to not bet my life on it!

Brown bears will chase you up a tree, then they'll knock the tree down and maul/stomp you to death.
    @ThacoBell
    Tymora help us all if that happens.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @OlvynChuru: Brown bears are grizzly bears, though.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356

In my mod High Power Baldur's Gate, where I power up all the creatures in the game with ridiculous abilities, bears are even more dangerous than they are in real life. Each time you damage a cave bear, it releases a Sunfire-like effect called Bearfire that deals 5d6 fire damage to all within a 30 foot radius. Other bears release similar effects when they take damage. Polar bears have Bearcold, black bears have Bearacid, and brown bears have Bearlightning. Grizzly bears release an effect that deals all four damage types.

Personal reminder: after installing High Power Baldur's Gate, set difficulty slider to easy.

Btw. The mod looks very interesting. Great work on that...
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    To be fair bears ARE scary if you tackle them head-on. These 3 attacks par round can really mess you up early on.