Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Chnapy
    If you really want to role the dice try fighting three bears with a Level 2 party, that gets crazy.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    CHARNAME continues to run a branch of Shadow Thief guild after siding with Bodhi... talk about duplicity =P
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Shikao said:

CHARNAME continues to run a branch of Shadow Thief guild after siding with Bodhi... talk about duplicity =P

How? Bodhi will not take you in if you're a thief, and you need to be a thief to get the Shadow Thief stronghold.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Multi-classes thieves can do both.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited September 2017

Shikao said:

How? Bodhi will not take you in if you're a thief, and you need to be a thief to get the Shadow Thief stronghold.
    Really? I didn't know =D
    EDIT
    ^re Bodhi not taking Thieves, obviously I knew the latter =P
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Multi-classes thieves can do both.

Or dual-class thieves but you must have your original class back if you dualled to Thief; otherwise Bodhi sees you as a pure-class thief and refuses to work with you.
    @Montresor_SP
    1. There is no way Marek could have figured out that quickly that Lothander gave you his half of the antidote. Even if Marek figured out Lothander betrayed him it can only stand to reason that he hired assassins to go after Lothander just in case or figured that Lothander bit the big one before you got a chance to help him via the geas.
    2. I'll give you that one, although I believe Marek is smarter than what little we see of him indicates.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Why would they even need antidote?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Fair points, gents, but still - cure should be somewhere safe in Iron Throne's vault. Breaking into there would be nice finale to that questline. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Artona Yup, that's possible . Hmm, unless, I wonder if it would depend on whether or not the assassins were on the payroll or just contracted out to kill CHARNAME in anyway possible? I was thinking he was just contracted out and Marek maybe just decided to use poison over a dagger. Be safer than a toe to toe with potentially experienced fighters and mages.
    Not sure though. Seems like if he was a full timer, the Iron Throne might very well have kept the antidote locked away.
    Questions, questions, heh. ;)B)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    If you kill Marek as soon as you load the map he's at, nothing happens. He dies and the quest never triggers.
    @Skatan
    Aw, but where's the fun in that?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    dustbubsy said:

"You murdered Skie Silvershield! Evil Bhaalspawn! Hanging's too good for you! Our city hates you!

...but sure, you can attend your trial wearing the helm and cloak of our beloved founder. That's totally cool. Really."

That whole scene is usually bout enough to make my character want to channel the 'Trashcan Man' from The Stand on the whole town. " But I saved you from, and then I kept you from bein, and I, but yur gonna, what tha, why? You dirty rotten no good so n so's, so be it, all I need, is my zippo. Hang this!
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Artona said:

Same here, @Zaghoul. I headcannon that my Charname after that farse of a trial hates Baldur's Gate and sworn to never again help that city.

Haha, that makes sense to me as well. Just being incredibly bitter about the place to a ridiculous degree. And being stuck in a game named after it!
    @dustbubsy
    Congrats on making the 500th comment on my thread.

I love you guys that you've helped me to keep my thread alive this long.

17 pages, 504 comments. Thousands of views, you guys warm my heart.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Just thought of this BG logic: the first stranger who offers to help you looks like a roadie for Insane Clown Posse.
    @tbone1
    Are we talking about Kolssed or Elminster?
    edited September 2017
    Uh, Xzar, of course, for those without a working sarcasm detector. Though Montaron looks like a roadie on loan from a Night Ranger tribute band, come to think of it.
    Post edited by tbone1 on
    @tbone1
    Sorry. While I normally spot sarcasm, I'm not in complete working order when it comes to that, Aspergers and all. It's also incredibly hard to convey tone over the internet, sometimes I need one of the these

@tbone1
    Sorry. While I normally spot sarcasm, I'm not in complete working order when it comes to that, Aspergers and all. It's also incredibly hard to convey tone over the internet, sometimes I need one of the these

It's as much my fault as anyone's. My mom used to say that I spoke English as a second language, after sarcasm. It's something of a family trait.