Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    fluke13 wrote: »
    Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but the thief outside High hedge... Plans greatest heist of all time, meets Charname, changes his mind about heist... Then proceeds to walk straight through the front doors of High hedge.

@Permidion_Stark - stop being such a quitter. Go steal some arrows+1 and kite those meatsacks.

@Very_BigSword

You're right! I'll do it! It's going to be the heist of the century. Now where can I steal some +1 arrows ...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @mlnevese
    :lol: So Cyric said that Helm said that Mystra said that Bane heard from Bhaal that Waukeen saw Gorion's ward kill Thalantyr. But you didn't hear that from me, tee hee.

Forgotten Realms: Gossip Girl Edition :wink:
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Baldur's Gate Logic: "This will not be a quick death!" shouts Dorn before swinging his two handed sword at a Xvart who immediately explodes into chunks.

Dorn loves torture but he's really bad at it. Doesn't know his own strength.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    @Very_BigSword

You're right! I'll do it! It's going to be the heist of the century. Now where can I steal some +1 arrows ...

Nashkel Carnival I think for thievery, Thalantyr sells them but that defeats the purpose ;)
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,329
    mlnevese wrote: »
    pxp8zcjkbmlf.jpg

Not exactly Baldur's Gate but true anyway :)

There's nothing better for instilling paranoia in your players than saying "You don't THINK there are any traps on the door." ;)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    by the way a npc can be roasted by a barrage of fireballs that roast his flesh to ashes or melted by some acid trap, but you will be able to recover every potion and scroll not damaged at all.
    it would be great that if a fireball hits you there is a chance that your precious scrolls burn and your potions boil and become not working, alchemy is an art, you use fire, but only in the right way and moment.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,371
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »
    It bothers me that you can bash a chest with a huge hammer and then retrieve unharmed potion bottles.

My assumption has always been that you're just bashing the lock. Not like smashing the chest itself to pieces or anything.

In the IE games for sure.

In NWN where you see the chest literally smash into pieces, it's not as believable that a potion bottle would survive.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Chronicler wrote: »
    It bothers me that you can bash a chest with a huge hammer and then retrieve unharmed potion bottles.

My assumption has always been that you're just bashing the lock. Not like smashing the chest itself to pieces or anything.

In the IE games for sure.

In NWN where you see the chest literally smash into pieces, it's not as believable that a potion bottle would survive.

Exactly. When I played NWN for the first time, I was shocked and thought "oh no, I've destroyed the chest!" Especially because it takes a moment for the remains to appear.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,329
    Exactly. When I played NWN for the first time, I was shocked and thought "oh no, I've destroyed the chest!" Especially because it takes a moment for the remains to appear.

There are some mods with custom scripts that will destroy some of the contents of chests if you bash them open, although I think it's best to use them sparingly because melee characters will begin to feel VERY picked on after a while. XD
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

In NWN 2, bashing a chest destroys the most valuable item in it, usually a magic item. So, you need your rogue (Neeshka) more than ever, unless your character is a rogue.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101

In NWN 2, bashing a chest destroys the most valuable item in it, usually a magic item. So, you need your rogue (Neeshka) more than ever, unless your character is a rogue.

The valuable dragon plate armor +5? :wink:

@BelgarathMTH , thank you for the warning. I'm going to play NWN2 soon, I think, and that's good to know.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @Son_of_Imoen you should post this tactic in the thread "Exploits, Tricks, and Nonstandard Tactics" :D
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    @Son_of_Imoen you should post this tactic in the thread "Exploits, Tricks, and Nonstandard Tactics" :D

I don't know... I think this goes beyond exploit into cheating realm :)