Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

1282930313234»

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 332
    You can adjust every experience cap (BG1, SoD, SoA, and ToB) by using the EET_tweaks mod.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,248
    @StefanO I have just done it with CD Tweaks. Thanks for informing me though.

Clearly, going into SoD overwrote the cap introduced by The Drittz Saga. (Perhaps the reason why that option is deprecated in EET.

Since I had a saved game at the end of BG1, I edited my character to discover what happened with vartious scenarios. If I dual classed a fighter to a cleric just before the death of Saverok, the cleric starts SoD at level 3 and not far from level 4. It would clearly have been better to do the dual-classing immediately upon entering that building, but I can think about any fine-tweaking when I play an actual game.

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 477
    @semiticgod I was away for a while and only just read what's going on with your hand - get well soon!

semiticgodJuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldGrond0
    It's not good. I remember that when I was in my twenties I got repetative strain injury playing Space Invaders. I had to stop playing it. :'(

semiticgodCrevsDaak
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,129
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,141
    I wonder if this game really strains mouse&hand more than others. I've never before had any problems with my mouses. But playing this game I first broke my primary gaming mouse, which was less than three years old. It got the double click problem, the button switch was broken and needs replacement. Started using my secondary, cheaper mouse, and it got the same problem in few months. There's no way of playing this game nR with this problem, so I need to buy another mouse before continuing.

Wise_Grimwald
    histamiini wrote: »
    I wonder if this game really strains mouse&hand more than others. I've never before had any problems with my mouses. But playing this game I first broke my primary gaming mouse, which was less than three years old. It got the double click problem, the button switch was broken and needs replacement. Started using my secondary, cheaper mouse, and it got the same problem in few months. There's no way of playing this game nR with this problem, so I need to buy another mouse before continuing.

I have never had a problem with dying mice. I wonder if it's the way you use it. I have automatic pause on my games which might put less strain on the poor animal.

histamiiniStummvonBordwehr

I have never had a problem with dying mice. I wonder if it's the way you use it. I have automatic pause on my games which might put less strain on the poor animal.
    Could be, I don't use auto pauses etc. It also could be that my gaming mouse was just poorly built. I did google it and it seems there was people with the same problem with it. And the secondary cheaper one, well maybe it was just too cheaply built. I'm going to switch to another brand to see if they hold up better.

Just realised that you use a gaming mouse. I don't. I just use an ordinary mouse, cost about £6.

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 653
    Play it on a touch screen like me (iOS). It’s fun and very convenient.

I've Android tablet but I've always thought it's a lot clumsier than keyboard&mouse? Might try it though.

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 653
    I've Android tablet but I've always thought it's a lot clumsier than keyboard&mouse? Might try it though.
    True.

You are not able to set 1.400 skull traps at the ascension final fight... but who does that anyway? it’s so 2018 btw.

Android is a bit easier to mod than iOS, and you can even get Gusinda to set up the mods if it’s a problem.

iOS can be modded as well - just a bit trickier. But with a new SCS and ascension it’s manageble.

histamiiniGrond0Gusinda
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 946
    It takes getting used to, but I ended up quite enjoying my no-reload runs on android. At first pausing was such a pain that I let them get on with things like a boss with a light touch.

histamiiniStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
    edited June 30
    You are not able to set 1.400 skull traps at the ascension final fight... but who does that anyway? it’s so 2018 btw.
    :D

Just noticed that there's some problems buying the BG2 EE for Android currently so I've to wait that. I might buy it anyway even if it feels clumsier, could be nice additional activity for summer cottage etc.

StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald