Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    You can adjust every experience cap (BG1, SoD, SoA, and ToB) by using the EET_tweaks mod.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @StefanO I have just done it with CD Tweaks. Thanks for informing me though.

Clearly, going into SoD overwrote the cap introduced by The Drittz Saga. (Perhaps the reason why that option is deprecated in EET.

Since I had a saved game at the end of BG1, I edited my character to discover what happened with vartious scenarios. If I dual classed a fighter to a cleric just before the death of Saverok, the cleric starts SoD at level 3 and not far from level 4. It would clearly have been better to do the dual-classing immediately upon entering that building, but I can think about any fine-tweaking when I play an actual game.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    @semiticgod I was away for a while and only just read what's going on with your hand - get well soon!
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldGrond0
    It's not good. I remember that when I was in my twenties I got repetative strain injury playing Space Invaders. I had to stop playing it. :'(
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Willie had that!
    4rje4tu9l6nz.jpg
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    I wonder if this game really strains mouse&hand more than others. I've never before had any problems with my mouses. But playing this game I first broke my primary gaming mouse, which was less than three years old. It got the double click problem, the button switch was broken and needs replacement. Started using my secondary, cheaper mouse, and it got the same problem in few months. There's no way of playing this game nR with this problem, so I need to buy another mouse before continuing.
    Wise_Grimwald
    histamiini wrote: »
    I wonder if this game really strains mouse&hand more than others. I've never before had any problems with my mouses. But playing this game I first broke my primary gaming mouse, which was less than three years old. It got the double click problem, the button switch was broken and needs replacement. Started using my secondary, cheaper mouse, and it got the same problem in few months. There's no way of playing this game nR with this problem, so I need to buy another mouse before continuing.

I have never had a problem with dying mice. I wonder if it's the way you use it. I have automatic pause on my games which might put less strain on the poor animal.
    histamiiniStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak

I have never had a problem with dying mice. I wonder if it's the way you use it. I have automatic pause on my games which might put less strain on the poor animal.
    Could be, I don't use auto pauses etc. It also could be that my gaming mouse was just poorly built. I did google it and it seems there was people with the same problem with it. And the secondary cheaper one, well maybe it was just too cheaply built. I'm going to switch to another brand to see if they hold up better.
    Just realised that you use a gaming mouse. I don't. I just use an ordinary mouse, cost about £6.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Play it on a touch screen like me (iOS). It’s fun and very convenient.
    I've Android tablet but I've always thought it's a lot clumsier than keyboard&mouse? Might try it though.
    I've Android tablet but I've always thought it's a lot clumsier than keyboard&mouse? Might try it though.
    True.

You are not able to set 1.400 skull traps at the ascension final fight... but who does that anyway? it’s so 2018 btw.

Android is a bit easier to mod than iOS, and you can even get Gusinda to set up the mods if it’s a problem.

iOS can be modded as well - just a bit trickier. But with a new SCS and ascension it’s manageble.
    histamiiniGrond0Gusinda
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    It takes getting used to, but I ended up quite enjoying my no-reload runs on android. At first pausing was such a pain that I let them get on with things like a boss with a light touch.
    histamiiniStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
    edited June 2019
    You are not able to set 1.400 skull traps at the ascension final fight... but who does that anyway? it’s so 2018 btw.
    :D

Just noticed that there's some problems buying the BG2 EE for Android currently so I've to wait that. I might buy it anyway even if it feels clumsier, could be nice additional activity for summer cottage etc.

StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
    I suspect that it is only worthwhile looking for Dynaheir's Diary if I have both Dynaheir AND Edwin in the party. Is that correct? (apart from the experience for finding it)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Wise_Grimwald Dynaheir gives you a nice high level scroll if you find the diary without Drizzt's help.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald Dynaheir gives you a nice high level scroll if you find the diary without Drizzt's help.

Too late! :( He has already helped. :( Thanks anyway. It is useful information for future games.
    Zaghoul
    edited July 2019
    In my heavilly modded installation, I am repeatedly getting crashes particularly when making large changes to the number of items in bags of holding. Any information why this should be happening will be gratefully received.

I am becoming rather paranoid about this happening and as a result am saving an excessive number of times.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
    edited August 2019
    I have just come across something that has never happened before to me.

I have picked up the healing potions found in a cave just south of Beregost, near where the hobgoblin with the boots is found.

However, I cannot put them in my item quick slot.

In previous games there has been no problem and I haven't installed or tried to install any mods.

They won't go in the quick slot of any of my characters. Any ideas?

EDIT

I closed the game and opened it again. Problem solved. :/ Clearly a self-righting bug.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A note on the restless poverty run concept: since critical failures for stealth checks apparently exist, you would need to have an unkitted bard on hand, singing a song offscreen, in order to guarantee that both a Shadowdancer and Bounty Hunter could remain hidden indefinitely. The Dark Moon monk could also stay invisible indefinitely when blinded, though its attacks, however fast, won't be instantaneous like a Bounty Hunter's traps would be.

I've also thought about an Easy mode run. The +6 luck would open up some interesting opportunities, since nearly all weapons would deal maximum damage almost all the time and almost all spell damage would be reduced to 1's for the party. The bonus to hit rolls would also be a pretty big deal.

I've also thought about a Story mode run with a special exception, like "the run ends if Charname hits 1 HP and any party member has to leave the group at 1 HP." Adding the exception would keep the danger of the run alive while still allowing you to benefit from the other goodies from Story mode, like all your attacks striking as +5 weapons, 25 Strength, and immunity to instant death effects and stat drain kills.
    Wise_GrimwaldhistamiiniCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    I am wanting to have cleric/mages with appropriate kits for the cleric part depending on race.

I would like the mage part also to have a kit, but know that only one kit is possible at a time.

If I create a mage with a kit such as Illusionist and then use EE Keeper to make it into a cleric/mage with a kit such as Alaghor of Clangeddin for a dwarven cleric/mage, I know that there will be no reference to him being an illusionist.

However, how would the mage part change?

I can foresee three possibilities.

1) He would lose his extra spell slots and would be able to learn spells from all schools.

2) He would keep his extra spell slots and still have the restrictions concerning spells

3) Some combination of the above.

Could somebody inform me which of the above actually happens? I would like it to be option 2, but strongly suspect that it would be 1 or 3.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Does anyone know if HLA's can be gained in BG & SoD with the appropriate experience? I play with the XP cap removed and it's not too hard to reach that lvl solo with a little extra work. I just don't know if they are incorporated into BG class abilities, or can only be gained in BG2 with the same XP.
    Does anyone know if HLA's can be gained in BG & SoD with the appropriate experience? I play with the XP cap removed and it's not too hard to reach that lvl solo with a little extra work. I just don't know if they are incorporated into BG class abilities, or can only be gained in BG2 with the same XP.

With EET installed, I would expect that they can, however it is easy enough to check. Open the game up in EE Keeper and increase the experience to the required level. Save the game with a new name in Keeper. Then open the edited game. level up and see what happens. You will then know the answer for your set-up, which could be differeent in another set-up.
    ZaghoulAerakarleeux
    edited August 2019

Hi @Zaghoul
    There is a mod that brings the HLA to life:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-teambgs-level-40-rule-set-high-level-abilities
    They are not otherwise there as I recall
    ZaghoulAerakarJuliusBorisovReticent
    edited August 2019
    In my game, Edventar's gift has the effect of giving freedom of action, which is correct, but also adds 100 hp to the wearer.

Any ideas about what is going wrong and how to correct it.

Weidu log attached.

There are two versions in my installation and both have the same effect.

EDIT

I have discovered other versions of this ring which have a slightly different name. One works perfectly, so I am using EE Keeper to assign that ring in place of the faulty one that was there previously. The Correct ring is BDRING09.ITM
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for help finding missing mods with SHS being down. I eventually found most of them with a little help. :) Some may be a bit outdated, but should be OK. I'll have another look at SHS when they are up and running again.

I still have the following files missing.

I don't have the friendship mod for Coran BG1 however I am not sure if it ready for EET.

I don't seem to have LongerRoadEE-1.6.6.zip at all. THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM I THINK.

I have bgqe-v19.zip but not v20
    I have Fade_v5-2.zip but not Fade v5.4.zip
    I have stratagems-v32.3.exe but not v 32.4

I do wish that EET used identical file names to those of the files that are downloaded. Or is somebody else causing the problems. :(

EDIT

Since it ia just the Longer Road and the Coran Friendship mods that are missing, I think that I'll just miss out those, and hope that the mods that have been updated since my most recent version are OK.

I am using the automatic installer and am wondering if it would be easiest to change the names of the files to the name that the installer is expecting so I don't have to put in quite so much input during installation.

EDIT

It was certainly simpler to change their names. Far less input. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on