Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

1616263646567»

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Kryll can be taken out with Dorn by himself, without any help from charname. A very easy battle, but that's the whole point. It's not satisfying in any way. :(
    I amcurrently running a party where charname is a lawful good cleric of Helm, reputation currently 10.
    In the party is also a paladin.

I was wanting to get the Bhaalspawn ability of horror rather than cure poison. Can I do that without the paladin falling?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Yes. The reputation threshold for getting the "evil" abilities is < 10, while the reputation threshold for a paladin falling is somewhere around 6. You have to be careful, but it's possible. (Though not very consistent with roleplayed lawful good.)
    edited January 6
    [Double post, content deleted]
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yes. The reputation threshold for getting the "evil" abilities is < 10, while the reputation threshold for a paladin falling is somewhere around 6. You have to be careful, but it's possible. (Though not very consistent with roleplayed lawful good.)

In the end I decided not to try, though bribing the Flaming Fist would have lowered reputation to 9.

Whilst killing Drizzt could be counted as a mistake, bribing the Fist couldn't.
    Sadly, a party member waas killed in the Chess Room in Durlag's Tower.

Just wondering if it is possible to return if we leave to resurrect her.
    Yes. You can get back to that level by entering any of the elemental rooms again.
    Thanks. I think that I will need my full party for that battle.
    Since this is no reload, I am in two minds as to whether to do it at all.
    edited February 12
    I have just killed Kryll. However it was before she cast the spell that explodes Hagar.

That's weird. Healing him doesn't do anything. I think that he is dead!

How did that happen?

Will it be possible to raise him in future when I have more spells?

If I did, how would the game react?

EDIT

As I thought the game can't cope with him being raised.

yw7qnbc4yudm.jpg

To complete the quest I presume that you have to say that he died peacefully.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited March 24
    Every time that I do Melicamp's Quest I get neither the experience nor the boost in reputation. Has anybody else had this problem? I have looked on Google but couldn't find anything.

Weidu log below:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.5
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: v2.0
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Panver's Merchandise -> Panver Sells 6 Tomes per Kit: v2.0
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #6 // Tome Locations -> Merchandise Only-> Panver is outside the Friendly Arm Inn: v2.0

jdqg5h4kxe3i.jpg
    Looks like something messed with Thalantyr's dialogue; the XP and reputation should be attached to the exit response after Thalantyr's final words, when Melicamp survives. That dialogue looks exactly as it is normally except for a lack of that final action.
    That's what I thought. I have another heavily modded installation where it works perfectly.
    A query: Do the Bracers of Archery help with throwing axes or is it just bows/crossbows?
    Bow and arrow, sling and bullet, throwing axe, mustard jelly glob - if it's ranged and makes an attack roll, it benefits. Same conditions as for getting the attack bonus from DEX.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    That is good to know @jmerry thank you.
    @jmerry Thanks