Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176

I already played for more time and visited this areas on northwest. Still found ZERO clues about what to do, no clue about temple of Elrik and etc i already uninstalled the game because there are no more area to explore. and other people who did in "wrong order" had the SAME problem. No TEMPLE appears. No NPC appears, i already searched for maps on google and things that are on the map aren't on my map.

Bugs that prevent you for completing the MQ are the worst. I will wait until it is fixed. One critique that i have against BG is that i NEED walktroughts in many parts because i can't foretell what to do and walk in same dungeon 416853165156 times to see a hidden lever to open a indestructible wooden door that are more resistant to fire than a ancient red dragon is very annoying.

Other think that i really hate is puzzle. If i wanna solve puzzles, i will play portal. I don't wanna push randomly levers in order to open an indestructible wooden door

IIRC, I think you had to go to that abandoned house way up in the northwest of that screenshot first.

That is the problem. NO ABANDONED HOUSE on my map. Other people seens having the same problem, according to some walktroughts, bandits should drop a note but for me they dint droppped

And " went to the Thorn Ford there was only 2 bandits and they dropped nothing but junk armor. There was no note. I've explored the whole map up to the fog on all sides but still get NOTHING. I have less than 30 days to complete the Stolen Lands but nothing will trigger the next step." https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3393916911745442120/?l=brazilian

Same problem that i have.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2018
    Probably failed a perception check.

For me this is the first of the post 2012 neu-old CRPGs that actually nails the feel of the IE series. I had such a terrific time with it over the weekend --1.03 seems to have fixed most of my annoyances with the bugs, I crashed once all weekend is all. No complaints with the encounters or difficulty and I REALLY enjoy the comfortable system as opposed to The Obsidian Cabinet of Doctor Balance. I love the pulpy feel, I don't really need much philosophical pretension mixed in with my RTwP combat -- and not having tedious lore dumps is refreshing.

Can't believe how much content there is! Looking over the Kingmaker AP books, they've done an incredible job adapting and adding on to it. I'm going to enjoy slowly working my way through it, and it's terrific to hear they have 3 DLCs planned. Bring in the Hell Knights plus questline, witches, summoners, more locations, dozens more random encounters featuring more than just combat, dozens more kingdom events please!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    For those of you who may be enduring a backer key issue, there is some good news on that front. An individual named Kotarsis has picked up the globe of issues that the stepping down of Berzerkerkitten (stepped down due to health reasons) left behind. On the Kickstarter page, there are some positive affirmations of individual problems being resolved. I'm back to anticipation instead of doom and gloom.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I really hope that they will iron out all the errors and not turn the game into another ToEE.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2018
    Dorcus said:

As an aside, I'm playing an Alchemist and I have Cure Light Wounds but I can't figure out how to cast it on others. It turns out in pen and paper is actually an Extract, not a Spell, so it's self cast only, even tho the description in game says otherwise. I heard a streamer named dansgaming had a similar problem of trying to figure out why his Alchemist couldn't cast Cure Wounds on others. I mean, it's a minor thing. I don't mean to be too down on the game. The review bombing is lousy, but we've seen that before with other recent D&D video games. (Beamdog pls take note.) Ultimately, I'm loving the game bc it's doing D&D better than anybody has done in years, it's just, you know, a lot of little stuff adds up.

There is a Feat you can take that lets the alchemist use their potions (spells) on others, or one of the "kits" gives you the ability for free.

There is also a feat that lets your bombs not affect allies, if you didn't pick Grenadier.

There is a button on the bottom of the level-up interface that causes currently unavailable feats to be displayed.

As for my opinion, I think it's great. Like seriously hardcore, but great!

Somehow the graphics are much nicer than Pillars of Eternity, and it's easier to tell who is doing what to whom in combat.
    edited October 2018
    Yes, I know what you mean... In stills I went blegh, but the simpler/cartoonier style really works for this setup. The mage duels are easier to sort out, and it just looks super charming on an ultrawide. Pity about the load screens!

I love the small touches in the graphics, the season changes, all the critter variety. They are really on to something special here and the team they've assembled can do great CRPG work. I hope they iron out the bugs so more people are as pleased as I am with this thing, and make combat difficulty easier for folks to work out immediately. The game should be in a terrific place next summer with the three expansions and a year's worth of patching and polishing. Ordinarily I'd put off playing it until then ala Deadfire until DLC are complete, but there's SO much to enjoy in the Kingmaker 1-6 AP plus their 7th chapter of additional material, I WANT IT NOW! Honestly, I'm really surprised to see a Kickstarter project have THIS much stuff in it.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Okay, the most recent commentary is making me salivate to play this game. Fortunately, Owlcats customer service stated that they're likely to have my issue resolved by the morrow. It'll be nice to quench the thirst.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    After hours of playing, this game is lovely !!!!!! me like long time :)
    edited October 2018
    What i'm liking is the concentration on outdoor adventuring instead of mostly claustrophobic dungeon crawling, nice big maps and the implication of bigger spaces, kind of like BG1. They handle the scale well between the various map modes and get the most out of their artwork and tilesets. Like tabletop miniatures on a rich kid's incredibly elaborate wargaming sand table... and he's a mean little kid, so there are vicious difficulty spikes occasionally. Fine. Work around them just to use his wonderful metaphorical table. The little prick.

Man, I wish we had a toolset extension thingie for Unity to make elaborate mods and modules, because it sure is a nice setup. Plus: acid-imbued giant slugs.
    Post edited by SkipBittman on
    chimaera said:

And " went to the Thorn Ford there was only 2 bandits and they dropped nothing but junk armor. There was no note. I've explored the whole map up to the fog on all sides but still get NOTHING. I have less than 30 days to complete the Stolen Lands but nothing will trigger the next step." https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3393916911745442120/?l=brazilian

Same problem that i have.

There are two bandits groups at Thorn Ford; the second one has several bandits. The note is in a cache somewhere. Do you have the quest about the wedding ring?
    I have the quest but NEVER completed...
    I believe the note is in the small camp in the SE of the map, to the right of the watchtower. There should also be a cleric needing rescuing and the bandit with the ring.
    Fardragon said:

I believe the note is in the small camp in the SE of the map, to the right of the watchtower. There should also be a cleric needing rescuing and the bandit with the ring.

I explored all map and found no watchtower. I honestly will wait until a good walktrough like from gamebanshee to play. I have no problem finding what i need to do IRL, for example i dated an girl from Bariloche(Argentina), despite having little information about the "non touristic" part of the city and being unable to speak spanish, i figure out where i need to go to find her pretty easily. Never got lost IRL. But with certain video games, aparently developers make everything to hide from you...
    edited October 2018

Fardragon said:

I explored all map and found no watchtower. I honestly will wait until a good walktrough like from gamebanshee to play. I have no problem finding what i need to do IRL, for example i dated an girl from Bariloche(Argentina), despite having little information about the "non touristic" part of the city and being unable to speak spanish, i figure out where i need to go to find her pretty easily. Never got lost IRL. But with certain video games, aparently developers make everything to hide from you...
    There are actually two watchtowers on the Thorn Ford map. One with two bandits, who you apparently found, towards the SW corner, and another one in the SE corner of the map, with a tent pitched next to it, lots of crates and boxes, a crowd of bandits lead by a named bandit, and a tied-up prisoner. The orders are in the box next to the prisoner. No perception check is required (by the party, maybe by the player?) and it's really really not hard to find.

edited October 2018

The mastodon is pointing at the box containing the orders.
    Fardragon said:

Fardragon said:

There are actually two watchtowers on the Thorn Ford map. One with two bandits, who you apparently found, towards the SW corner, and another one in the SE corner of the map, with a tent pitched next to it, lots of crates and boxes, a crowd of bandits lead by a named bandit, and a tied-up prisoner. The orders are in the box next to the prisoner. No perception check is required (by the party, maybe by the player?) and it's really really not hard to find.

Thanks a lot. I an re downloading the game. I hope that steam cloud works... Don't wanna start over again.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I mean. If your play through is bugged I'm surprised you haven't tried starting over already.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577

Yes, I know what you mean... In stills I went blegh, but the simpler/cartoonier style really works for this setup. The mage duels are easier to sort out, and it just looks super charming on an ultrawide. Pity about the load screens!

I love the small touches in the graphics, the season changes, all the critter variety. They are really on to something special here and the team they've assembled can do great CRPG work. I hope they iron out the bugs so more people are as pleased as I am with this thing, and make combat difficulty easier for folks to work out immediately. The game should be in a terrific place next summer with the three expansions and a year's worth of patching and polishing. Ordinarily I'd put off playing it until then ala Deadfire until DLC are complete, but there's SO much to enjoy in the Kingmaker 1-6 AP plus their 7th chapter of additional material, I WANT IT NOW! Honestly, I'm really surprised to see a Kickstarter project have THIS much stuff in it.

Yes! It was such a wonderful surprise when winter came and everything was snow covered in lots of areas. I've spent a decent chunk of time in the game, and feel like I'm only maybe halfway through, so tons of material. Plus, it seems like it's got a lot of replayability with all the classes, party members and different choices.

I finally found Nok Nok. I was going to just use him for his quests, but he was doing so much damage, I dropped Amiri from my party for him.

Any word about when the settings not saving is going to be fixed? Neither windows or Linux save changes to any of the game settings and I have to redo my graphics settings at every startup.
    About bugs, only to mention one more bug. Level up is a pain in the *** when i need to choose my spells...

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Spoiler alert.. guys I need help and google doesn't seem to be able to find me answers. About ability score drain.

Is there any (simple?) way to get back permanent loss of STR after fighting the spiders in Fangberry cave? I drew the lucky shots I guess, 'cause I took them all down on my first try (or maybe one of the patches reduced the difficulty?). I made all my fortitude saves except on my main char who now has a perm -1 STR. It says in the tip box that resting should remove the penalty, but choosing to rest for a day (I extended to the symbol which said ability score resets) still doesn't bring my STR back. The tip box also states a lesser restore can restore the damage, but I don't have that.

I buckled under pressure and stopped my monk/druid and went all out on just AC. Picked a fighter (human) and chose feats for shields. Skipped the tower shield speciality and instead went with a semi-DPS build of using shields as off-hand weapons for at least some balance of AC and offense. So far, so good.
    @Skatan

Use lesser restoration, regular restoration, cleanse or greater restoration. You can also get scrolls and potions for these, since restoration requires diamond dust (lesser has no requirements).

Lesser restoration won't necessarily get rid of all of the ability loss if it's more than a point or 2 (I think there might be a die roll there to overcome a check to see how much you get rid of).

Resting at Oleg's or your capitol for a day I think heals 1 point of ability damage, as well. Resting in a camp doesn't heal the damage.

Might also make sure to roll with some cure blindness scrolls as well.

Pay attention to afflictions, too. If it says it's a curse, you need to use the remove curse spell/scroll/potion. Took me a little while to figure out why lesser restoration wouldn't clear a curse.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    loading is too slow for realm management, so i put it on auto, but on auto ai fails 50-80% of tasks for me, which i find really annoying... i don't think i'll be able to play this game with such slow loading.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@Skatan

Use lesser restoration, regular restoration, cleanse or greater restoration. You can also get scrolls and potions for these, since restoration requires diamond dust (lesser has no requirements).

Lesser restoration won't necessarily get rid of all of the ability loss if it's more than a point or 2 (I think there might be a die roll there to overcome a check to see how much you get rid of).

Resting at Oleg's or your capitol for a day I think heals 1 point of ability damage, as well. Resting in a camp doesn't heal the damage.

Might also make sure to roll with some cure blindness scrolls as well.

Pay attention to afflictions, too. If it says it's a curse, you need to use the remove curse spell/scroll/potion. Took me a little while to figure out why lesser restoration wouldn't clear a curse.
    Thanks @DrHappyAngry. Since I am still only level 2 and without a mage (except Linzi the bard) I used the Oleg's sleeping and was restored that way. Kudos!
    edited October 2018
    Surely you'd fail a decent chunk anyway early on by not being able to handle everything at once due to not having enough advisors.

Nok-Nok for Amiri? I didn't even try him since I went "meh... rogue," I'll have to cycle him into the rotation then! He is the Avellone-scripted companion, after all...

I'll give it a try once I get out of The Other World. Dang psychedelic flowers! Had me up till 2am working out what was up.

Surely you'd fail a decent chunk anyway early on by not being able to handle everything at once due to not having enough advisors.

Nok-Nok for Amiri? I didn't even try him since I went "meh... rogue," I'll have to cycle him into the rotation then! He is the Avellone-scripted companion, after all...

I'll give it a try once I get out of The Other World. Dang psychedelic flowers! Had me up till 2am working out what was up.

So you went to the Goblin fort already? Man you missed some great stuff with him there. He has a fun book event where he fights the goblin king.
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2018
    disregard

About bugs, only to mention one more bug. Level up is a pain in the *** when i need to choose my spells...

Fix is incoming. Something went wrong with their build system, and the windows version didn't get most of the fixes they'd put in since monday. They're building a new hotfix now.

Fix is incoming. Something went wrong with their build system, and the windows version didn't get most of the fixes they'd put in since monday. They're building a new hotfix now.
    Is the linux save compatible with windows? I have dual boot, will install steam an try on linux.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hellfire-ray/

Bugger me, 45d6 with no save on a level 6 spell. Is this even legal?
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    iKrivetko said:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hellfire-ray/

Bugger me, 45d6 with no save on a level 6 spell. Is this even legal?

don't get me wrong, that's insane, but I can't help but love this game anyways