Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    It's really good to find out I'm not the only one who has enjoyed the kingdom management part of the game. :smiley:
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    mlnevese wrote: »
    It's really not a problem of being complicated or not. I just don't like the entire kingdom management game and would love to be able to just turn it off but they tied many important events to it so I'm forced to leave it on.

You do know there's settings to turn kingdom management to auto and you can set indestructible kingdrom, as well. Main storyline events do need to be taken care of in a reasonable amount of time, still.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    The only thing you miss out on with autokingdom management are

Artisan stuff that relies on rank ups (I think you'll still get these but randomly)

Researching Curses for the hidden ending. If you don't care about either of those you can ignore the kingdom management, I think.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Hell yeah! The kickstarter for Wrath of the Righteous just went live! Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch will all be in the game as well. :)

Also: more Mythic Paths
    dc8tzokvbmrx.png
    Pledged. So excited for this game.
    edited February 2020
    I love the first one so much, I went in on the Collector's Edition.

Ooh, neat, each class is getting 5 archetypes.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The story looks compelling. It looks like the Mystic paths will be tied to alignment.

Being a Mystic gives a reason why the protagonist is the centre of attention which was a huge drawback IMO with the first one.

Also, how the story is shaped, it caters more to a power gamer/builder than a role player which will help with immersion. As long as the Mystic is the only thing tied to alignment, and they tie other choices to the story like race (easier to convince a dwarves clan to join your crusade if you are a dwarf for example), deity and class then it should be an epic and highly replayable game.

Even though I didn’t care much for the first one, I will probably back this one, especially when they have stated they already have the financial backing to make the base game and have been obtaining feedback from the players based on the first game. Just have to figure out which tier to support.

(BTW, anyone else thinking their first character is going to be a female paladin with Angel Mystic named Caelar Argent)
    deltago wrote: »
    (BTW, anyone else thinking their first character is going to be a female paladin with Angel Mystic named Caelar Argent)

I myself am currently torn between Tiefling Bloodrager with Demon path, Dhampir Druid with Aeon path or Half-Orc Witch with Trickster path. Decisions, decisions...still hoping for more races though.

The beautiful thing is that mythic paths can be taken with any and all race/class combination. For what we currently know the paths are mostly available via special questlines. Also, the live stream today vaguely hinted at a Devil mythic pat that may or may not involve Hellknights.
    Hah, way back in this thread I posted a portrait I had resized for Caelar. Thinking I'll revive my Paladin 2/Inquisitor build for my first run, although I'm super excited to play all the evil options.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    deltago wrote: »
    The beautiful thing is that mythic paths can be taken with any and all race/class combination. For what we currently know the paths are mostly available via special questlines. Also, the live stream today vaguely hinted at a Devil mythic pat that may or may not involve Hellknights.

I kinda want to see how this will playout for something like Lich though. I don't know how different Pathfinder is to D&D but I always assumed Lich was arcane based only.

I am not one for sacrificing story or canon for character choice. Things need to make sense.
    edited February 2020
    Owlcat spoke of the mythic paths getting different special abilities, depending on the character's class. A Fighter entering the Lich path would receive the vampiric sword ability but no spells, whereas a Wizard gets 10th-level spells. A Rogue gets something else entirely. No clue what Clerics and other divine spellcasters will be getting tho.

We also don't know how multiclassed characters will fare with mythic paths. My gut tells me that the class with the highest level will likely be the main factor for determining this.
    https://youtu.be/5Fq-EATy0zo

Here's a first glimps of Rock Paper Shotgun showcasing pre-alpha gameplay. Sounds like there are still some placeholders in the current dev build, such as the old Kingmaker GUI, but it's nice to see a little insight of what's currently going on. Gotta love transparency like that. :)

And for those not currently following the kickstarter campaign: Owlcat reached their funding goal within the first 24 hours. One of the social goals was also smashed and we are looking at the first stretch goal - the Warpriest class at $370K.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    From a stream we have confirmed archetypes

Martyr Paladin
    Warrior of the Holy Light Paladin
    Exploiter Wizard
    Dirge Bard (I LOVE THE DIRGE BARD SO MUCH, it was my favorite bard archetype to play in PnP)

Prestige Classes
    Assassin
    Student of War
    Winter Witch
    Hell Knight

Kingmaker was my favorite CRPG ever made ever so I immediately backed this.
    Aaand we hit the Warpriest stretch goal~! ?
    edited February 2020
    Amazing, isn't it, what a small but dedicated studio with a vision can achieve?

All I really need is for Owlcat to make a new Pathfinder game every three years or so for the rest of my lifespan, and I won't even need any other company's games anymore!
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    Now go for the tiefling companion. It´s 34 days to go, so I hope its attainable.
    edited February 2020
    If we speed with the current momentum through the remaining 34 days, we might just end up with 7 million dollars at the end. Well, according to kicktraq anyway. So take that with a spork full of salt.

Next hidden stretch goal appears to be mounted combat. Which would be unsurprising, given that the Azata Mythic Path gets a bloody dragon as pet/companion/mount.
    If we speed with the current momentum through the remaining 34 days, we might just end up with 7 million dollars at the end. Well, according to kicktraq anyway. So take that with a spork full of salt.

Next hidden stretch goal appears to be mounted combat. Which would be unsurprising, given that the Azata Mythic Path gets a bloody dragon as pet/companion/mount.

I know!!! I can't wait for Azata! My perfect alignment, perfect type of character, and a dragon mount! Seriously, I don't have the words to describe my love for this game. :smiley:
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Why on earth did I pledged again?! Need to work more on my willpower, that's for sure.
    Ha, the $770k stretch goal is right up my alley: it brings us both the Gold Dragonpath and the Swarm-That-Walks.

Now I really do want to play a Ratfolk Blight Druid set on the doomed Swarm-That-Walks Mythic Path. Gotta have ratfolk for Wrath at all cost now! >_<"
    I started playing D&D PnP around 35 years ago. From my earliest times playing the game, the one dream I always had was to have a DM allow me to play a dragon character, and specifically a gold which are for me the awesomest dragons of all. Well, at least in my cozy little gaming world, dreams apparently do come true! :smile:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    kanisatha wrote: »
    I started playing D&D PnP around 35 years ago. From my earliest times playing the game, the one dream I always had was to have a DM allow me to play a dragon character, and specifically a gold which are for me the awesomest dragons of all. Well, at least in my cozy little gaming world, dreams apparently do come true! :smile:

Never played Council of Wyrms? It was quite fun actually.
    mlnevese wrote: »
    kanisatha wrote: »

Never played Council of Wyrms? It was quite fun actually.
    Never had a DM wanting to run it. I recall one of the older FR novels having the central character interacting with dragons a lot, and one particular scene where he attends a council of wyrms where he is in this huge cavern in the middle of a circle of like 40 ancient wyrms led by a truly massive gold, and even though he knows he is perfectly safe he is almost peeing his pants on account of how completely awed he is. I would've loved to be that character, 'cause dragons are too awesome to describe with mere words. It's why I always avoid killing a dragon in my RPGs if at all possible.
    I wish I could remember that book.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    edited February 2020
    To be fair even HALF dragons are hard to be integrated into a non "special" party. If you have a half elf, a human ,a dwarf and a half dragon, will be hard for the DM to create encounters interesting for all party members.

On PF:KM you can be a Sorcerer of draconic bloodline and assume a dragon form on PF:KM

PS : My favorite dragon type is SILVER.
    As far as dragons go in Pathfinder: outer dragons beat metallic dragons out of the water with a single tail slap. True dragon aliens native to outer space?! Hell yeah! ?

A shame that the Dragon Mythic Path only lets you become an adult gold dragon. Would have loved the opportunity to become either a void or lunar dragon.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    One type of dragon that i would love to see on Pathfinder is the EASTERN dragon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon#Ruler_of_weather_and_water )

679px-Chinese_dragon_asset_heraldry.svg.png
    @SorcererV1ct0r You mean imperial dragons? Pathfinder got you covered.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited February 2020
    Ok, I've picked up my first playthrough where I left it couple of weeks ago (really it's just a beginning, not far after prologue). I'm severely lacking a thief in my part (can't even pick locks and missing the content of all locked chests). I heard there is a way to recruit Linzi, even if she chose Tartuccio's company during the prologue. Where exactly do I need to go to get her? I would gladly trade dwarf cleric for her since I already have Tristan (who seems better suited for a job than a dwarf guy).

Also is there any other NPC with a decent Trickery skill, or Linzi is my best bet?

I'm trying to enjoy PKM, but so far the plot is really not that engaging. I'm more of a role player and complex mechanics is not necessarily my thing, but at least it's properly described, in a way that I understand (unlike first PoE for example). Maybe it would help if I know Pathfinder (which I don't), because at the moment there are so many names and places that game introduced to me, that it's a bit overwhelming. And I don't even get to the kingdom management stuff yet. But maybe it gets better, we'll see. I'm not crossing out the game just yet.
    @Cahir Yes, you can pick Linzi up at a later date. The first time is at the Ancient Tomb on the way to Oleg's Trading Post, the other is at the Old Sycamore location - both can be found very early in Chapter 1.

There are two more companions which make for excellent thieves:
    A half-elf wizard/rogue which can be found inside a hidden worldmap location known as Technic League Encampment. It's easily missed since you first have to trigger a random overworld encounter. If you're lucky you can unlock that companion as soon as you started Chapter 1. You will also encounter another thief candidate in some goblin village as part of the plot. Should be around Chapter 3 or 4.
    Of course, you could also create a custom mercenary at any Inn. Only costs you between 500g and 1000g, depending on your character level.

The game itself has a somewhat slow start at first. But then quickly becomes faster and faster paced the more chapters you have completed. Just be aware that the game plot takes over 2 ingame years to finish. So there is a lot of story buildup.