Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    No, just an AC of 22.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Nimran @Skatan Right, semi 3rd edition rules, derp.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited August 2018
    I was ninjaed badly over there, sorry.

Kaled barely standing still tries desperately to hit the hag with his sword. He definitely doesn't go for non-lethal damage.
    Post edited by lolien on
    Fiora: Halfling Missile: 2+8=10

The halfling Missile goes flying past the hag, just as another glow of webbing shoots from Ignatius’ wand. The hag once again leaps to avoid it, and it doesn’t stick.
    Nanna: Ninnja!!:13

Ninnja Nanna also flies overhead, as the hag ducks underneath.

Kaled swings his sword again:
    Kaled: Attack: 20+6=26

...and carves a bloody trail across the hag’s chest. The hag glares angrily at him and pants heavily.
    The hag goes to strike at Kaled to finish him off, but stumbles and slips on the slowly growing pool of her own blood. She manages to catch herself to keep from falling down.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    lolien said:

Kaled barely standing still tries desperately to hit the hag with his sword. He definitely doesn't go for non-lethal damage.

Nimran said:

The hag goes to strike at Kaled to finish him off, but stumbles and slips on the slowly growing pool of her own blood. She manages to catch herself to keep from falling down.

Nooooooooo, @lolien! Don't kill the hag!
    Ignatius looks at Harvey and wonders how long he'll still need to finish the ritual, hoping that he does it before the hag suffers any fatal injury.
    edited August 2018
    "Harvey! How long until the curse is broken!?"

*Fiora can't keep her footing this time and stumbles while scrambling to reach Kaled*

If FIora can reach Kaled in time, she will cast Lay on Hands. If she isn't quick enough, she probably will still try it. Also @Nimran those are some of the best named rolls!
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Guston flies down from his perch on the tree to cast cure light wounds on Kaled.
    Kaled lifts his sword to finish the hag...

Hope you stop him in time folks...
    Harvey shouts from inside the house “Almost done! Just a little longer!”

Kaled heals 12 hp from Lay on Hands, and 11 hp from Cure Light Wounds, bringing him to 25.
    edited August 2018
    Kaled feels the healing energy revitalizing his body, and suddenly his bloodlust ends. He stops the swing of the sword and attacks the hag with the swordhilt instead.
    Edit: that was an interesting time to roll a critical hit :open_mouth:
    Kaled: Attack: 10+6=16

The hilt hits nothing but air, as the hag sidesteps out of the way.

Vaga tries once again to subdue the hag:
    15+7=22, 13+7=20

His first punch cracks against the side of the hag’s head, but she reacts in time do duck under the second.
    Guston flies to the cabin to see how the woman is doing and if the hag is nearby.
    Ignatius hovers in through the cabin window and tries to understand what has happened.
    “What happened to your arm, Harvey?” asks Guston as he approaches. “Are you ok Keeley?”

“Everyone keep an eye out for the hag! We should still try to kill her, or she’ll just do this again...”
    We have 4 healing potions in our inventory, but can they cure an amputated arm? I'm not sure how it works...
    “No, I’m not okay!” Keeley yells in a panic. “I just-! I just-!”

“I told you not to worry about it,” Harvey says to her reassuringly. “Still, this is really a pickle.” He casts a spell, which takes longer to cast with one arm, but he still manages it. “There, in a minute or so, the damage will be erased. All it takes is a simple Regenerate spell.” He gives her a warm smile. “The real problem is that you are still cursed, although the hag’s influence has been driven from you. Therefore, I agree with the disgusting one. We should hunt down the hag at all costs.”

Keeley looks up at him, tears spilling down her face. “You think that her being alive is the reason why the curse hasn’t been broken?” she asks. Harvey nods and replies “Yep. In fact, I’m sure of it. In the meantime, at least you don’t have to worry about being possessed. The eye’s destruction made sure of that. As long as we get to her before she makes another one and uses it to bind you to her again, you’ll be fine.”

After taking a moment to compose herself, Keeley nods and says “You’re all going to find her, then? Can I come along? I don’t want to be left alone in this place.”

“I see no harm in it, as long as you stay back when the fighting starts,” Harvey says to her. “Of course, our friends here also have a say in whether you can come along or not.”
    Hmm... I think Harvey lost his arm to Keeley's touch...

This also sounds like a new necromancy spell... like Larloch's Minor Drain! :D
    Ignatius reassures Keeley:

"Dive not deep into willful woe,
    But take hope in what's been mended.
    Soon we shall see this adversity through,
    And surely find it all well ended."
    *Fiora sits down in a nearby chair and begins cleanig her sword and shield*

"Harvey, do have any idea how long it will take the Hag to make another eye? I agree that we need to hunt her down quickly, but we are all also battered weary."

"Keeley, is your touch still cursed? I know you want to come along, but I'm afraid doing so would be more dangerous not only for you, but all of us."