Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    OOh, fancy!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I promise, there will be no "rodpics" in your picture threads :P
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

This is a very good thing! That whole "Rod of Rulership" always made me look a little side-eyed at the game!
    True. There's a line where playful innuendo becomes something very different and something very un-funny. I hope my comment above didn't cross that line. If it did, I apologize sincerely.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

No, I was just making a joke. Nae worries!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited September 2018
    A swarm of bats encircles the closest orcs, catching 19 of them in the spell, as Ignatius suddenly becomes visible. As the cloud of vermin continues to swarm, those orcs caught inside of it are clawed and bitten to death. The remaining 13 orcs manage to halt their charge and avoid the swarm.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    19 orcs clawed and bitten to death! Wow, my spells seem to have grown more powerful than ever! :D

Oh wait, they were already badly injured by Nanna's Fireball, weren't they? Anyways, the swarm finished the job! :D
    Normal orcs aren’t tough at all to kill.
    Nimran said:

Normal orcs aren’t tough at all to kill.

Oh, I see. My mind was passively thinking that they were somewhat similar to high-Constitution mid-to-high-level half-orc barbarian Charnames. :D Now, I realize they are more similar to those orcs in the Icewind Dale prologue.
    Fiora: Intimidate check: 6+3=9

Having halted their advance, the orcs seem unsure of what to do, when Fiora’s voice suddenly echoes forth from the swarm. They are all obviously spooked by the voice, though they stand their ground. That’s when the bead gets dropped. Every orc dies in the large explosion of fire.
    *Fiora lowers her sword, he shoulders slump a little*

"Why do they always fight? *Sigh* We should report back. Our job is done here."

Ignatius nods.

"Proceed we must, with utmost haste,
    Before the enemy lays the town to waste."
    *Fiora offers her hand to Gramma Anduin*

"The broom doesn't have much room, but I think there is enough room for both of us."

If Anduin accepts the invitaion FIora will immediately ehad back to town with her. Other wise she will go alone.
    And so, the party marches through the night back to Callus. They are halfway back to town when the sun rises, and they see a figure on the horizon to their right. The rising sun illuminates the figure for them all to see. It is Ixion, the scorpionman, and he is looking right at them.
    *Fiora floats down*

"Keep going, I don't feel like testing ourselves against him right now."

*Fiora will stay on the broom with Anduin and watch Ixion from a safe distance*

"Gramma, can you be ready with spells in case he tries something?"

*Fiora keeps watch for any threats to the party below*
    Ignatius says to Vaga:

"It would be nice to say him "Hi!"
    And see what he has in mind.
    But how should I appear to his eye?
    As I am or as one of his kind?"
    edited September 2018
    "You are great the way you are, my little floating friend. Just keep your flames in control, and let's go talk to him. Stay behind me, we both know I'm better at diplomacy. You may be a pyromancer, but I am a diplomancer!" Vaga smiles and chuckles at his own joke.

"Fi, Nanna, are you with us? Cover us when we approach and be ready to fly us.. " Vaga looks at Igna, always levitating ".. ahem, fly me out of there, if there seem to be danger."

Vaga starts to walk towards Ixion but try to use his perception to make sure it's not an ambush (perception check please).

Haha, its funny that Igna has 18 CHA but even if Vaga's WIS score may be high it doesn't allow him to be self-perceptive about his own faults/flaws.
    Vaga: Perception: 7+3=10

As far as Vaga can tell, Ixion is alone, and he seems somewhat amused by the party, as he smiles at them when they approach. When the party finally gets close enough to hear him, he says “This is quite bold of you, coming out here to meet me. I would have let you pass if you had just kept going, but you went and brought yourselves right to me.” He chuckles. “And what, exactly, do you want with me, hmm?” he asks.