Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Ignatius says to Ixion:

"Mayhaps you can tell what your intentions are,
    And we can solve it without bloodshed and war?
    If you are looking for something in this place,
    Tell us and we'll fetch it for you, in that case.

In that way, it would save both life and time,
    Both yours and ours, and no hands to begrime.
    So there's no need to hold your spears high,
    And let's negotiate this, like wise folks try."

Diplomacy check?
    NimranSkatanThacoBellAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    “And you people call yourselves civilized...” Ixion says as he observes Vaga. “I have no interest in talking, only gold.” His expression turns pensive, and after a moment he says “If you pay me, say, 5,000 gp, I might even guide you to the orc king’s camp. A few thousand more, and I’ll even help you get in.”
    ThacoBellAnduinRik_Kirtaniyalolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Nanna, who has been in a sullen grump on the back of Fiora's broom, muttering to herself the words hypocrisy, distraction and shadow, suddenly becomes alive at Fiora's words.*

Because he is an outcast!

*Nanna jumps down from Fiora's broom, which was flying low so Fiora could engage the scorpion-man in conversation.*

He is an outcast in human lands, he is an outcast in orc lands. The orcs only tolerate him because they appreciate strength. Humans fear it... Perhaps the Orc King had the brains to fear you as well and sent you on this venture.

We haven't the money Ixion. It wouldn't buy you the comradeship you crave anyway. Go home. Go in peace. Spilling more blood will never bring them back...

Unless I... No... There is limits to what the chair can do... I'm sorry.
    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatanNimran
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Nimran said:

“The orc king pays me to work for him,” Ixion says. “You lot don’t know what a mercenary is? If there’s no gold to be made here, then I’m leaving. I can’t stand the sight of human towns anyway.” With that, he turns and starts heading in the opposite direction from the town.

As Ixion is about to leave, Ignatius says to him:

"Maybe we can give you something better than gold,
    That lustrous metal, dry, hard and cold.
    If any such thing you wish, you may name it now,
    For we know many secrets, and their "what", "where" and "how".

Since your task for the orc-king appears finished,
    So surely another contract you wouldn't want missed?
    A mercenary like you must be wise to appreciate,
    Every brilliant chance you happen to get!

For the impending truth is the orcs shall perish,
    And in such a case, employment you shall miss.
    And then again, why work for the king's sake,
    When your own destiny you yourself can make?"

Diplomacy check?
    SkatanThacoBellAnduinNimran
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited September 2018
    "Why do you hate humans so much? Sure they are big and stupid and clumsy, but they TRY to do good."

Fiora will ask her question after Ignatius' check is resolved. Also, I wrote that as joke, but is Fiora unknowingly racist, or just trying to placate Ixion's distaste for them?
    Rik_KirtaniyaNimranSkatan
    Ignatius: Diplomacy: 13+5=18

Ixion stops and ponders as he looks over the party. “I am always open to making a deal, though it would have to be worth it to me. The price depends on what work you would have me do. If you don’t have anything I want, then perhaps someone in your town does. It matters not to me where I get my payment from, just that I get it.”

Fiora: Diplomacy: 16+3=19

He turns to the halfling and snorts before saying “I don’t know why you’d care, but I suppose there’s no harm in telling you. There is not much to tell, in any case. Humans are responsible for the deaths of my kin.”
    lolienSkatanRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
    As Ixion relays this information to the party, a familiar face walks up beside them. Kaled has returned.
    SkatanlolienRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Vaga stands idle for now, looking at the conversation unfold.

Sorry for the lack of action on my part but I was ready to close this chapter and move on hehe.. Not sure what to do now. I hope someone of you have a planned next step!
    NimranRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
    Welcome back! We have a ton of scroll for you in the inventory @lolien!
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellNimranlolien
    “Sounds fair,” Ixion says with a shrug. He holsters one of his spears and holds out his hand.
    ThacoBellSkatanlolienRik_Kirtaniya
    Vaga is a bit confused.

"So.. does this mean we intend to have the scorp.. ahem, Ixion here guide is into the camp or are we going back to Callus?"
    lolienThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaNimran
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Glutinous Maximus? He must be larger than I thought he was! I know, I know, I suffer my own problems with spellchecker. Still, unintentionally funny.
    Rik_KirtaniyaNimran
    LadyRhian said:

Glutinous Maximus? He must be larger than I thought he was! I know, I know, I suffer my own problems with spellchecker. Still, unintentionally funny.
    I don't even know what that is and I'm afraid to even google "glutinous maximus" on my work comp. Apparently Skatan and Vaga are equally stupid in this case, hah..

Vaga doesn't even try to remove Nanna's probing hands this time. It's interesting how fast you can get used to being treated as an object. Vaga quickly reflects over this and decides he have to try harder to turn down his celestial charisma. But how!? When you are born this pretty, always seen as an object of desire and lust, it grows weary. Vaga sighs quietly and resigns.

"OK, I'm ready to go now. Let's head for the camp. Khaled, it's great to see you join us again. You've been missed, my friend. With so many people now I guess we should stick to walking instead of flying." Vaga emphasizes this last sentence with slapping his meaty thighs, giving rise to a loud smacking sound.
    lolienThacoBellNimran
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

@Skatan Gluteous Maximus is your rear end, Basically, butt cheeks. Glutinous is something oozing, sticky, like glue in texture.

"Glutinous Maximus" gave me the mental image of this giant sticky mass. Thus, "Bigger than I thought".
    SkatanNimran
    LadyRhian said:

@Skatan Gluteous Maximus is your rear end, Basically, butt cheeks. Glutinous is something oozing, sticky, like glue in texture.

"Glutinous Maximus" gave me the mental image of this giant sticky mass. Thus, "Bigger than I thought".
    Hahaha, what a revolting image that just popped up in my head! :D But in Vaga's case, it's safe to assume this ascetic monk's butt cheeks are very firm and solid, as Nanna can surely attest to.
    lolienNimran
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    [Spoiler]
    Skatan said:

LadyRhian said:

Hahaha, what a revolting image that just popped up in my head! :D But in Vaga's case, it's safe to assume this ascetic monk's butt cheeks are very firm and solid, as Nanna can surely attest to.
    And sticky... Probably blood...

It was a spelling mistake... @LadyRhian was correct.[/spoiler]
    SkatanNimran
    And so the party returns to town without seeing any more resistance. To where shall they go?
    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanThacoBellAnduin