Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

1717274767779

Comments

  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    “Ah,” the old orc says. “I had my suspicions that something was amiss when the king suddenly changed his views regarding the town. And to think that an army of younglings would immediately head out to kill... it is certainly very difficult to change our ways. Our king wanted better. He wished only for peace. Now, thanks to some meddling usurper, it will be even more difficult for us to achieve it.” As he speaks, he walks over to a nearby tree and rests his hand upon it. “I will go to them,” he says. “With luck, this unnecessary bloodshed will cease before it becomes a river of crimson. As for our king, I know of a way to free him from his imprisonment, though it will be dangerous. We will need a weapon called the Soultaker Dagger, or something of equal purpose. Perhaps...” He looks the party up and down. “Tell me, how much to you know about the Tlincalli, the scorpionfolk?”

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyalolienSkatan
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848

    Nimran said:

    The other sentience feels oddly muddled and faint, as though it was far away. Ignatius can’t seem to get any clear information from it.

    Ignatius: Arcana check: 6+4=10


    He vaguely recalls that a presence can be masked somewhat from thought detection if it is shielded by some kind of magic.
    Ignatius gets annoyed that his subtle Divination magics are masked so easily by random mysterious creatures. He grins mischievously as an idea strikes his mind.

    He thinks to himself:

    "Whatever thou art, mysterious being,
    Thinking yourself cunning and clever,
    Now you shall have your undoing,
    And playing tricks you shall do never!"

    Ignatius (still invisible) exits through the door and tightly closes it shut. He then goes over to the window, and casts Summon Swarm into the house with the mysterious creature! Ha!

    I assume that other than the mysterious creature, Ignatius was alone in that building (since the other party members are in the shaman's house, and there is none other in or around here). So now we have a trapped quarry.

    EDIT:
    Nimran said:

    ...Ignatius looks around and sees two orc guards rushing about. He notices that the building itself is rather empty...

    I take it that this means the orc guards were outside the building.
    The guards are inside the building. There is very little furniture or decoration inside.

    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Nimran said:

    Nimran said:

    The other sentience feels oddly muddled and faint, as though it was far away. Ignatius can’t seem to get any clear information from it.

    Ignatius: Arcana check: 6+4=10


    He vaguely recalls that a presence can be masked somewhat from thought detection if it is shielded by some kind of magic.
    Ignatius gets annoyed that his subtle Divination magics are masked so easily by random mysterious creatures. He grins mischievously as an idea strikes his mind.

    He thinks to himself:

    "Whatever thou art, mysterious being,
    Thinking yourself cunning and clever,
    Now you shall have your undoing,
    And playing tricks you shall do never!"

    Ignatius (still invisible) exits through the door and tightly closes it shut. He then goes over to the window, and casts Summon Swarm into the house with the mysterious creature! Ha!

    I assume that other than the mysterious creature, Ignatius was alone in that building (since the other party members are in the shaman's house, and there is none other in or around here). So now we have a trapped quarry.

    EDIT:
    Nimran said:

    ...Ignatius looks around and sees two orc guards rushing about. He notices that the building itself is rather empty...

    I take it that this means the orc guards were outside the building.
    The guards are inside the building. There is very little furniture or decoration inside.
    Or I should say, one of them is still inside. The other one led the party to the shaman.

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienThacoBell
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    ThacoBell said:

    "Well, they killed all around them, and then they were killed back. The only one I know that is still alive is understandably upset."

    “‘Upset’ is an understatement,” the old orc says with a smile. “But that is not why I bring them up. Do you know of their city of crystal? The ruins are at the bottom of a ravine a few days south of here. You likely passed it on your way here. That place was not made by normal means. The crystals used in the city’s construction were actually made of magic. It would seem that the Tlincalli had a means of manipulating magical energy differently than a mage or sorcerer, and this ability allowed them to mold and solidify magical energy into a crystallized form, thus creating their city of crystal. Now, you might be wondering why I am bringing this up. Truth be told, a soul gem isn’t much different from one of those crystals. It is a solidified mass of magic energy. This may mean that the Tlincalli hold a means to free our king from within by manipulating the magic of the gem itself. Of course, the Tlincalli weren’t known to be a friendly bunch, and the secret method they used should have died with them, but as luck would have it, one of them still exists on this soil. I believe he possesses the knowledge and skill to manipulate the energy within this gem.”

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienThacoBellSkatan
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Nanna looks stumped. Then appears to have a light bulb moment.*

    A soultaker dagger... Why... I think I know where to find one!

    ...

    Yet as I don't really want to walk into the open jaws of hell... Let's try the the Tincalli method first.

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellNimranSkatan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,916
    "Its a lead. About time we had one."

    NimranRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    The other guard is utterly baffled by what’s going on, so he doesn’t really put up a fight, as Ignatius drags him away. Anyhoo, the horde of rats appears and starts running around inside. A few moments later, Ignatius hears the door click and sees it swing open.

    ThacoBelllolienRik_KirtaniyaAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Meanwhile, the rest of the party returns to the meeting room to find Ixion still sitting in the corner. This time, he’s drinking something from a mug. He looks up as the party enters and says “Oh, it’s you again. Did you find the king yet?”

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    So Ignatius casts web, and the sticky substance sticks to the doorway. There is no apparent sign that anything was caught in it. An instant later, the ambient sounds of the town cease completely. There is nothing but dead silence in the area around the house.

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolienSkatan
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    Nimran said:

    So Ignatius casts web, and the sticky substance sticks to the doorway. There is no apparent sign that anything was caught in it. An instant later, the ambient sounds of the town cease completely. There is nothing but dead silence in the area around the house.

    Ignatius senses danger. He casts Invisibility and waits.

    ThacoBellSkatanNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    A few moments pass. Nothing else seems to happen.

    lolienSkatanThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,213
    Vaga walks up to the grumpy scorpion man. "Ho there, friend!" He slaps Ixion with a friendly fist-bump on one of his extremities, whichever is closest.

    "It seems we need you help again. Surely, since we are all friends now, you no longer need to work as a mercenary and will join us freely. It'll be great traveling together again, right?"

    NimranThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Vaga: Diplomacy: 7-1=6

    “We are not friends,” Ixion says, brushing Vaga’s hand away. “I’m not a charity worker. If you want me to do something, you’ll need to pay me for it.”

    ThacoBelllolienSkatanRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,916
    *Fiora runs out to find the closest guard and inform them that the king's body is still missing.*

    lolienSkatanRik_KirtaniyaNimran
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    Skatan said:

    "Very well, friend." Vaga puts his hand down his loincloth and rummages around for a bit. Out comes a piece of stale bread. Hmm.. when did I put that there? Vaga holds up the bread for Ixion. "let's break bread together and talk about it. What do you need, what are you desires?"

    That's hilarious, @Skatan! :D

    Can't imagine how Ixion will react to that bread once more...

    SkatanThacoBellNimran
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Nanna looks at her adopted son in with a look of incredulity carved on her withered features...*

    SkatanRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellNimran
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,213
    Vaga sees Nanna's motherly, supporting gaze and feels a bit warm on the inside. He correctly decipher her gaze as encouragement for him to continue his diplomatic attempts.

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellAnduinNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    ThacoBell said:

    *Fiora runs out to find the closest guard and inform them that the king's body is still missing.*


    The guard nods and says “We will begin the search at once.” He heads off to inform the other guards.

    Rik_KirtaniyaAnduinThacoBelllolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    How can someone with such high Wisdom be so deluded?

    “Why would you need a crystal?” Ixion asks. “And how would it save the king?”

    Rik_KirtaniyaAnduinThacoBelllolien
Sign In or Register to comment.