Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

1707173757679

Comments

  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,736
    Nimran said:

    Ignatius: Spot: 16+4=20

    It is fairly easy for Ignatius to find footprints in the dirt that match up with the fake orc king and his two guards. Following their trail, he soon come across a rather plain-looking squat building in the center of town. The entrance is open and unguarded.
    Ignatius enters inside and investigates, keeping an eye for any traps that might be laid to ward off intruders. He looks for any magic portals or anything weird that may be there, so as to get some clues. Once inside, he also casts Detect Thoughts in the room.

    ThacoBellSkatanNimran
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,902
    *Fiora is getting antsy, but through her immense will power,does not disturb Harvey*

    'Boy' she thinks to herself, 'Good thing I passed on that double shot of butterscoth ginger ale.'

    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanNimran
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Nanna scans the crowd. Looking for the minotaur or anyone or anything part of the group/orc hierarchy/unusual.*

    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanThacoBellNimran
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,211
    Vaga stands clueless in the middle, looking around as his mates are running around doing different choires. He has no idea what to do!

    "Sometimes inaction is the best choice of action. " Vaga thinks to himself. Contempt with these wise words, he decides to sit down a while and contemplate.

    Guys, I really have no idea what to do, heh.. are we looking for the orc king or what?

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaNimran
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Sorry for being inactive these last few days. Some things came up that are (hopefully) done with. Anyway, back to the story.


    Ignatius: Perception: 8+4=12

    Ignatius looks around and sees two orc guards rushing about. He notices that the building itself is rather empty. There isn’t much to see besides basic furniture in the one room that exists within the building. One bed in the corner, a simple chest at the foot of the bed, a small round table with two wood chairs around it. Upon casting Detect Thoughts, he senses the presence of another sentient creature besides the guards in the room.

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,736
    Nimran said:

    Nanna can easily see that Octavius is walking toward a small building in the center of town, followed by Kaled. The building’s door is open.

    Is this the same building that Ignatius is in?
    Nimran said:

    Upon casting Detect Thoughts, he senses the presence of another sentient creature besides the guards in the room.

    Ignatius tries to perceive the direction from which this unknown creature's thoughts came, as well as what it is thinking. He tries to locate it if it is visible, albeit trying to hide his own presence the best he can.

    Need to spend another round to do that, right?

    lolienNimranThacoBellLadyRhian
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    edited October 2018
    The other sentience feels oddly muddled and faint, as though it was far away. Ignatius can’t seem to get any clear information from it.

    Ignatius: Arcana check: 6+4=10


    He vaguely recalls that a presence can be masked somewhat from thought detection if it is shielded by some kind of magic.

    Post edited by Nimran on
    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,902
    *Fiora turns to Keeley*

    "Should, should we poke him? He has been silent for a long time."

    NimranlolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    “I... I don’t know,” Keeley replies. She steps tentatively toward Harvey and slowly, carefully leans down to check on him. After a brief moment, everyone around Harvey hears him say “Well, that’s a surprise.” They watch as he snaps out of his trance and turns his head to see Keeley’s face right next to his. “Well, hello to you too,” he says with a smile. Keeley instantly backs away before asking “What did you find?”

    “Something magical,” Harvey says. “A magic gem, to be precise. It has the orc king imprisoned inside of it. I believe it’s inside of his house over there-oh, Octavius is already there.” He points at the short building where Octavius and Kaled are now entering.

    lolienThacoBellAnduinRik_Kirtaniya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,211
    Vaga finally understands how he can contribute and stands up again. "Well, let's waste no more time and get over there." he says in his usual task-oriented way. He then eagerly marchers over to the tent and joins up with Octavius.

    Well inside he will actively try to listen, search and spot (whichever is most suited) for hidden gems.. and orc kings.

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaNimranAnduin
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,211
    So, on Friday we will move to the house, or at least my ex will. I will help of course. This week will probably be very hectic so if my activity goes down, you know why. Myself, I will have to move in to my parents, so if I don't check in next week it's prolly because I have thrown myself in front of the closest train.

    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniyalolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,902
    "Right! OCTAVIUS, THE KING'S SOUL IS IN A GEM!"

    *Fiora runs to join the search*

    @Skatan Please don't throw yourself in front of any trains.

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienNimran
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,736
    @Skatan Hey man, take it easy! Life isn't so bad at all! Happiness and sorrow go hand in hand, so never lose hope. Life is too valuable to be wasted. Cherish it, my friend.

    ThacoBelllolienNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    edited October 2018
    Octavius walks into the building, followed by Kaled, and says to the guards “Hello, friends. I am looking for a gem. It contains our imprisoned king. Thanks to my potion of Clairvoyance, I am able to ascertain that it is here in this chest.” He points to the chest. The guards look at each other, then one of them pulls out a key and unlocks the chest. The rest of the party joins up with them just as Octavius pulls out a small, round violet gem. “Now,” he says thoughtfully. “How do we get him out of here?”

    SkatanlolienRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    "My first idea is to break the gem, but that may be a drastic solution with unneded side effects."

    Rik_KirtaniyaNimranThacoBellAnduin
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,211
    "Good idea! I'm the proud founder of the monk Order of Sharp Teeth, I could smash and crush the gem with my mouth!" Vaga then curls up his lips while biting down hard to show everyone his meaty jaw muscles and white(ish), strong teeth. There's some bits and pieces missing from chewing to much rock, but there's no doubt he has the bite of a warhound.

    lolienNimranRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    One of the guards answers “That would be our shaman, Karlos. He should be at his home on the west side of camp.”

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Nanna: Lore: 16


    Yup, it’s a soul gem.

    SkatanThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    [Spoiler]You are a wicked, evil, dastardly DM @Nimran !!! [/spoiler]

    Yup. That is a soul gem. Makes a warrior a powerful mage...

    Once... an evil wizard began to study and experiment with lich phylacteries, trying to find a way to make souls into an unlimited power source for tapping arcane energy. For assistance, he made a pact with Vecna, finding the deities eye and hand, sacrificing both his own for the full power needed. Once he had the hand and eye he began his search for 3 souls, one of pure malice, one of pure heart, and one of pure neutrality. These individuals gathered, he waited for the planetary alignment and brought the three to a forgotten place of power, here, with a unique ruby, he started the ritual, trapping a shard of para-elemental ice within the center of the gem along with the souls of the three, at this point Vecna added the last bits of needed power, and much to the wizard's dismay, one of the final components was his own soul...

    Marvellous arcane power was the result...

    Rumour has it though, foolish adventures seeking to free the souls trapped within broke that original gem, yet each shard simply devoured the souls of those fools and created more gems that more foolish adventurers sought to free the souls within and they broke those gems into shards and... You get my drift...

    ...

    If only we had a sharp implement that has the ability to suck souls out...

    Hmmmm...

    ThacoBelllolienRik_KirtaniyaNimran
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,736
    edited October 2018
    Nimran said:

    The other sentience feels oddly muddled and faint, as though it was far away. Ignatius can’t seem to get any clear information from it.

    Ignatius: Arcana check: 6+4=10


    He vaguely recalls that a presence can be masked somewhat from thought detection if it is shielded by some kind of magic.
    Ignatius gets annoyed that his subtle Divination magics are masked so easily by random mysterious creatures. He grins mischievously as an idea strikes his mind.

    He thinks to himself:

    "Whatever thou art, mysterious being,
    Thinking yourself cunning and clever,
    Now you shall have your undoing,
    And playing tricks you shall do never!"

    Ignatius (still invisible) exits through the door and tightly closes it shut. He then goes over to the window, and casts Summon Swarm into the house with the mysterious creature! Ha!

    I assume that other than the mysterious creature, Ignatius was alone in that building (since the other party members are in the shaman's house, and there is none other in or around here). So now we have a trapped quarry.

    EDIT:
    Nimran said:

    ...Ignatius looks around and sees two orc guards rushing about. He notices that the building itself is rather empty...

    I take it that this means the orc guards were outside the building.

    ThacoBellSkatan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,902
    @Skatan I'm actually a little disappointed that I got to speak first, Vaga's wisdom is truely a highlight of this adventure.

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienSkatan
Sign In or Register to comment.