Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

17374757678

Comments

  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,951
    Vaga attacks with shurikens and flurry of blows.

    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBellNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Vaga: Attack: 14, 23

    Two well-aimed shurikens embed themselves in a beast’s hide.

    Fiora: Attack: 20

    Fiora strikes a devastating blow against the leader.

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Harvey casts a spell, and large shards of ice fall from the sky, crashing down upon the beasts. The two wounded creatures fall, and the rest look badly hurt.

    Keeley also casts a spell, and a thick wall of ice surrounds the beasts, penning them inside. The party can hear their yelps of pain as the swarm of rats slowly bites them to death.

    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Harvey laughs. “I’m hoping that won’t happen,” he says. “Because if it does, we might be in trouble. Just try not to get on his nerves too much, please.”

    The party continues deeper into the ruins, led by an agitated Ixion. Eventually, they come to a stop outside of what appears to be the partially shattered remains of a large tower. The tower seems surprisingly durable, with only the upper levels missing completely. The first three floors appear to be intact.

    Ixion motions to a wide archway along the tower’s wall and says “We will find our goal in here, assuming it hasn’t been moved. We will likely have to fight for it. This is no doubt the new home of whatever leads these beasts.”

    ThacoBellSkatanlolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,226
    “Right,” says Guston, squaring his shoulders as a boil pops all over his face. “I’ll see what I can see.”

    Guston scouts ahead.

    lolienThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,226
    edited January 2019
    “Gaaaaaahh!” screams Guston as his boils pop under the onslaught. He falls to the ground in a limp pile.

    ThacoBellSkatanRik_KirtaniyaNimran
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,951
    "GUUSTON!" Vaga cries out, feeling greatly ashamed that he couldn't react fast enough to help Guston before he was attacked. He activates his sash of haste and rush in and attacks the enemies (with flurry as well) that are fighting Fiona, knowing that they will have to deal with them all before aiding Guston.

    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersNimran
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,029
    "AAUUGH!"

    *Fiora reels, barely keeping her footing. Her sword glows blue as she prepares to smite as many of the creatures as she can before going down.*

    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanlolienNimran
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,506
    edited January 2019
    Ignatius zaps the wand of web, hoping to trap the menacing beasts within the sticky strands! He thinks casting Invisibility on Guston earlier would have been good, but being too late to catch up with the others, he now must act according to the tide of the battle.

    A level up seems desirable. Our foes are getting too strong now...

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtatersNimran
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,951



    A level up seems desirable. Our foes are getting too strong now...
    Heh, let's just wait a bit. Ixion will soon unleash his arsenal of limbs and pointy sticks and kill everything in one round :P We've been hand-held the entire quest-line, so why stop now? ;)

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaters
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,506
    Skatan said:

    We've been hand-held the entire quest-line...

    Ah yes! That's what I've been feeling as well. It seems like our actions are inconsequential to the outcome of the quest. :D

    I... I feel puny... :'(

    Skatanmashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,029
    Bah, the npcs are strong, but not particularly smart (or just don't realy care that much) We have been the driving force for some time and many owe their lives to us.

    Skatanlolienmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,083
    Kaled cast magic missile, then attacks with his sword.

    mashedtatersThacoBellNimranRik_Kirtaniya
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    Vaga: Attack: 21, 22, 15
    Vaga hits one creature twice, causing it to stumble back.
    Fiora: Attack: 16+16=32
    Fiora follows up, and nearly cleaves apart the fiend’s midsection.  It howls and stumbles even more.

    Ignatius fires his wand of web, but all but one of the creatures managed to get free.

    kaled finishes off the wounded creature with his spell.

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolienmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,951
    Vaga continues to weave his dance of death, throwing knuckles, feet and bites at the next closest enemy.

    Any thoughts on how long a sash of haste's Haste last, a couple of rounds?


    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolienmashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,029
    Can lay on hands stabilize someone who is unconcious? If so, Fiora wants to use it on Guston.


    lolienmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Nimran wrote: »
    I am sadly going to have to put an end to this thread, as I simply do not have enough time and energy to run a campaign anymore. I wouldn’t mind being a player in someone else’s campaign, though. I hear @mashedtaters is willing to try his hand at it?

    This was my first attempt at running a campaign as DM, and I’ve learned a few things that will help make me a better DM in the future, should I feel up to it again.

    Don't forget you're still Tiax in my campaign. :) These last battles took forever, but hopefully, I can end this module in the next week or so.

    lolienNimranmashedtaters
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    LadyRhian wrote: »
    Nimran wrote: »
    I am sadly going to have to put an end to this thread, as I simply do not have enough time and energy to run a campaign anymore. I wouldn’t mind being a player in someone else’s campaign, though. I hear @mashedtaters is willing to try his hand at it?

    This was my first attempt at running a campaign as DM, and I’ve learned a few things that will help make me a better DM in the future, should I feel up to it again.

    Don't forget you're still Tiax in my campaign. :) These last battles took forever, but hopefully, I can end this module in the next week or so.

    How could I possibly forget that? :lol:

    lolienmashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,226
    Thanks @Nimran ! It was an absolute blast. I’m sorry I missed so much of it, but what I experienced instead was so much better than anything I’ve ever experienced before and I wouldn’t trade what happened to me for the world. It’s just a shame it had be during this game.
    As far as a new campaign, I will definitely think about it. How much interest is there? Are there people here who are interested in a campaign run by a delicious bowl of mashed taters?
    PLEASE BE HONEST! If you’re not interested or wouldn’t have the time, I don’t want to do it. I’m a busy person myself too, and, as @Nimran can attest, doing a campaign is a lot of work! I don’t want to do it if someone is not interested or even lukewarm.

    NimranlolienThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
Sign In or Register to comment.