Arviamlnevese
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @ThacoBell Yes.
    ThacoBellmlneveselolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Arvia Thank you for your service.
    Arviamlnevesesemiticgoddesslolien
    @ThacoBell I thought that expression was for soldiers?
    I'm just doing the work that I love, that's all. And I'm lucky to have grown up in a country without tuition fees. Yes I know, we Europeans are communists ?
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrThacoBellBelgarathMTH
    @mlnevese Then I bow to your experience, as you must know more about telepathy. What kind of material would you recommend for a mind shield?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    edited April 2019
    I believe that if the hat had been grounded properly it would have
    a. Shielded your mind, and...
    b. Jerked it off your head as you stood up.
    But what would have been the fun in that?
    Arvialolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @shabadoo: Out of curiosity, is your username a reference to Joey Jo-jo Shabadoo?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    ic2p8q20p7nq.jpg

@Arvia Silicon is a good isolant...
    Arvia
    @mlnevese So *that's* the reason why swimming is one of the rare situations where my mind is calm and quiet.

It would look kind of silly at work, though. On second thought, not more than an aluminium hat...
    mlneveseBelgarathMTH
    Arvia wrote: »
    @ThacoBell I thought that expression was for soldiers?
    I'm just doing the work that I love, that's all. And I'm lucky to have grown up in a country without tuition fees. Yes I know, we Europeans are communists ?

It typically is. But doctors deserve more praise for what they do.
    BelgarathMTHmlneveseloliensarevok57
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Maybe it's a reference to *this* :)
    64qox45mwu3o.jpg
    I just looked up "@shabadoo" on Urban Dictionary and it was freaking awesome.
    edited April 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Maybe it's a reference to *this* :)
    64qox45mwu3o.jpg
    I just looked up "@shabadoo" on Urban Dictionary and it was freaking awesome.

Gah! Why did I have to be curious and check that?

I think I could have lived very well without that particular piece of knowledge.

*puts her fingers firmly into her ears, squeezes her eyes shut and hums a loud tune*

@shabadoo Futurama is cool!
    ThacoBellBelgarathMTH
    @Arvia You just saved me from looking it up. So thanks again!
    ArviaBelgarathMTH
    @ThacoBell anytime
    ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I just noticed that I somehow double quoted @semiticgod, odd.
    @Arvia, now I'm going to have to go look at it. It better be cool or I'll cry, and it will be all your fault.
    "Yes yeeeeeeeeessssssss, give in to your hate."
    ArviamlneveseSkatanBelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Arvia , LOL, my German suddenly gets a lot better when I already pretty much know what the text says. I had a similar experience when I was learning New Testament Greek in divinity school. :)
    Arvia
    edited May 2019
    @BelgarathMTH, German is a lot easier than New Testament Greek! (Well, being German, of course)

Must be very interesting to read the New Testament in its original language.

Edited after looking up what "divinity school" means: Now I'd really like to talk to you about religious opinions some day.
    BelgarathMTH
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I've got another one. When I took my wife to the hospital to induce pregnancy, They had to put an IV in for some medicine I'm not familiar with. When the nurse asked my wife if she wanted painkiller before putting the IV in, she looked confused before saying "no". THEN the nurse whips out this, I can't even call it a syringe, it was a TUBE with a sharp point on one end, and just stabbed her with it. To this day my wife says this was far more painful than labor, (which she thinks the pain of is greatly exaggerated whenever people mention it). That's not the funny part. The FUNNY part is when I was recounting this to my grandfather (who is carpenter) about an hour or two later, that nurse was in the room and casually mentioned the gauge of "needle" she used. To which my granfather replies, "That's the gauge of nail I use when I build large cabinets!"

@ThacoBell , I've just discovered this old post of yours and it put a big smile on my face, because it brought back many memories.
    My grandfather was a carpenter, too, so is one of my brothers, and my father and other brother are electricians, and that comment about the needle sounds *exactly* like some of the things they have said in various situations ?.

My grandfather died in 2002 when I was 20. On my 7th or 8th birthday he gave me a saw, a hammer and a package of nails, because he said that girls were supposed to have fun with tools, too, while my aunt still insisted on giving me dolls that I didn't play with. ?
    Happy memories.
    BelgarathMTHThacoBellronaldololien
    All the great stories people have is probably my favorite thing about this thread.
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrArviasarevok57
    I'd take a 10 hour course if it meant I could communicate with bats.
    Arviasarevok57
    edited May 2019
    *suppresses a bad pun containing the word "batty".... grrrrrrrrr :) *
    ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Am I the only one who wants THIS version of Detective Pikachu in Pokemon: Let's play Pikachu!? He's so hardboiled!
    mlneveseThacoBell
    Someone should photoshop pikachu into the lead role of a John Woo film.