Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda found a issue, there's a dungeon that crashes the game once you travel to a certain point. It won't allow for the game to be finished I am afraid. Uploaded a save where this occurs. Maybe a mod isn't triggering correctly? I dunno.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Xhoblaim, I shall take a look and see if there is something.

Gus

Edit: Upi had a problem with you voice sets, lots of invalids when your PCs are responding. Are you running any external sound sets?. Had the game crash as I entered the dungeon. When I changed the voice sets to ingame sounds, I was able to enter the dungeon and defeat the skeleton army.

Have a try with this. I just picked the any voice set so don't be suprised if they are all wrong for your PCs...

Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda thanks. Saved ma saved game lol. I'll start a new game again and see if the issue still remains.

On a side note: I was thinking today about my shadow adept I just made and was wondering if it would be possible to make his familiar look like a bat? Like the ones the vamps would change into in bg2ee ?. Just a dreamy idea that i had lol. But if that's not possible then I guess make it a shadow? I wonder if it will work...?
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda yo I think I figured out the invalid situation... I remembered that I took those characters and transferred then to bg2ee so I could give them UAI, then moves them back. Could that be the reason? If I remember right, this started happening after I did the character transfers.
    Gusinda
    #Xhoblaim, yeah, that is the most likely reason. I noticed that with your 'char edit' game, it had the same problem. I gave them a voice set in IWD and it fixed them; no more invalid text. Working on the changes you wanted, and I do like the idea of the bat for a familiar.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda did some more digging and discovered that there appears to be a conflict in the classes. Today my shadow adept kept crashing the game soon as I loaded him. So I went to make a new character, clicked on Mage, and the the game crashes. This happens like 6 more times after. In one of the instance's, the Mage tab was replaced with Necromancer and the fighter/mage tab read fighter/Necromancer..

Think there may still be something going on.. O.o
    @Xhoblaim, tried it on my system and was able to create a Shadow Adept. See what happens if you rename your 'save' folder to 'save.old'. This way, any corrupt saves will be out of play for IWD.

BTW, for your changes. I have most of it done but had to change the alignment of Varona to Lawful Evil (from Chaotic Evil). Hope this doesn't impact on your RP of the game. The Shape change for Sylvanna is holding me up at the moment as the powers of the wolf aren't coming across. I will upload where I am later on if I can't get it so you can see the rest.

I haven't done the Bat Familiar (no Shadow Adept in the saved game and I will wait for the new char to be created), but it appears that it should be able to be done.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda alrighty, cool. So for the save folders, adding the .old to the end will work for mpsaves as well?
    I'll get you that shadow adept asap. He got corrupted and I gotta remake him unfortunately. So did alot of saved games that he was in lol.
    The alignment change is no biggie, so long as she is still evil ?
    Gusinda
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda here's my shadow adept/thief ??
    Can you complete her spell book with all the shadow spells? Muwhahahaa. Oh yeah, and 5 spell slots per lvl. And if the bat don't work, but you can get the wolf to work, give her that familiar instead.
    Oh, UAI too ??

The familiar she has now is great, but if it looked like a bat and her race was a vampire like Valen, it would be perfect! ??

Introducing...VARA NIGHTSHADE!
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, all goos for the mpsave. All it does is to prevent IWD from scanning those saved game areas when starting. Therefore any corrupted games wont influence the game. If everything works fine when you do that, then you can bring in your saved games one by one to find the culprit.

Shall have a play with Vara. I was going to put the other ones up (still haven't finished the Sylvanna yet) but will wait until I have changed what I can with Vara.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda crapola! Guess they all got corrupted from the characters.. none of the saves work anymore lol. That being said, I'm now out of all my items I collected ??. So if you could toss in some unique goodies (like items that can only be consoled in etc.) It would be mucho appreciated ?. I don't mind running through for them again tho if it's too much trouble.
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Gusinda How goes everything? Not too complicated I hope ?
    Hi @Xhoblaim, sorry about that. RL took over for a while and I haven't been able to get to the task. I am back now and on the job. From memory, there were problems with the wolf. Each time I try to call it up, I get something else! I will have another bash tonight and upload where I am up to with current problems Identified.

Bit of a problem where all of your saved games were corrupted. That's just a PITA... What sort of unique items were you looking at. The prob with IWD (not that it is a prob mind you, just a different way of looking at the game) is the randomising of items. There is a mod (I think it was part of Tweaks Anthology) which allows you to choose from the (randomised) list of items that might have been dropped instead of the random nature. I prefer the random side, but you might want to look at this. Not aware of any items that can only be consoled in. If you have a list, I would be able to do that.

Speaking of which, have you seen the discussion that shows you how to open the console in Android (without keyboard). There needs to be some more work done on it but it works. I have had a quick test and I like what I see! If I am permitted to modifiy the code, I will add the new version into your next mod. For now though, I have had a look at your modfile and there is no UI.MENU file. Have look in your override folder to make sure (that there is no UI.MENU) and if there isn't, then you would have no problems in downloading the mod there and placing the IWDEE version directly into your override folder. In it's current form, just select the HELP icon for the console to come up.

Gus

Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda ahhhh yes! Good ol console!
    Well if the console thingy-ma-jig works then I'll be able to remedy my little items issue lol. Items I was looking for are mainly armors and gloves. I can't seem to find many different ones..

Definitely looking forward to seeing the console menu lol. (No UI.MENU)

The item randomizer sounds good also
    edited October 2018
    @Xhoblaim, I am not having much success with the Shape change or the Summon for the wolf or bat...

In this upload, I have made the changes to Vara other than the Bat change :) . When I can get the bat to be the animation, it no longer acts as a familiar. I will still have a play but I wouldn't hold your breath.

For the other save, I am still working this. May have to restart as I think I messed up everthing with the Shadow Wolf attempts. Will upload it when I remake all the changes except for the Wolf.

Let me know how you go with her.
    Gus

Edit: Re the console. For the moment, because you have no UI.MENU, you can just copy the UI.MENU that is in the discussion into your override folder and use the Help Icon to open it. It works, just needs some small fixes. I have made the changes to have it as a button on the right hand panel etc; waiting on a response.
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda ??? hope things go better..
    But I think there's some kind of issue with the wolf.. when making a new char (shad adept), if you choose the right alignment for the wolf it won't allow you to summon him (no familiar icon shows up). My previous games that were corrupted had him in it and he was glitched, he couldn't die and corrupted the saves.. this was before the modfile fix. After the fix, can't summon the wolf.. so there may be something not right there. If all else fails, maybe we can just borrow the wolf avatar and do our own tweaks ?.

I had a feeling the bat was wishful thinking lol. But if that doesn't work out, jus give her the G.werewolf shapechange with Yin' Rou's avatar ? (if you're able to get it working of course).

Will have a look for that file, tyttytyty
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda Vara is perfect! Except um.. can you change her avatar back? But keep the race? ??
    Gusinda
    edited November 2018
    @Xhoblaim, Thanks. Wasn't aware of the prob post the updated install. I will go through a series of installs with the game to see if the prob remains. I will start with only Shadow Magic and work my way through. I will also install the tweak for selecting the items as opposed to a random item drop... as well as a couple of other tweaks. Will fix up Vara's avatar.

Gus

Edit: Vara's avatar back to Elf Thief
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, some feedback. I reinstalled the mods one by one, and the wolf summons are now working. Still haven't finished with the ranger as her shapechange damage is that of the wolf rather than the Shadow Wolf. We shall see how that goes. Still having trouble with Vara and her pet bat, but I think I understand what the problem is, just need to find the fix.

I have now uploaded the mod for the cheats console so will include that in the next update.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited November 2018
    @Xhoblaim, I find myself not being at my PC for the next couple of days. I will upload the modfile as it stands now so you should be able to at least play the game and get the summons you want. Hopefully the order of install is now correct!. The console mod is also included.

Also attached is the saved game of where I am upto. I haven't done anything about the wolf shapechange as yet. She gets the Shadow wolf change but the damage of the wolf.

It has been a busy day...

Gus

Edit: Removed modfile. Updated later in discussion
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda that's cool man, take your time. Thank you very much. ✊✊??
    edited November 2018
    @Xhoblaim, back now. Did you find any funnies? Will see if I can make the Bat Thing happen.

Gus

Edit: Forget that. I noticed that with some spells, there is text showing that shouldn't be... Time for a reinstall.
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Did a lil snooping and couldn't find anything out of place. I did however travel to that castle/keep where you fight the Harpys and a few got glitched up pretty bad.. other than that, nada.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, I have had various installs and all have had some corruption of sorts. I am about to scrap everything and restart from scratch and redownload the mods themselves just incase... I will also start with new chars (looking as close as I can to your crew) and see what happens from there.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Hi @Xhoblaim,
    Well, that took a while... After a process of elimination, I found the problem. It ends up that your current game is good. It was the saved game itself. I have fixed that and you should now be good to continue on with Vara. Just copy the file that is in 'override.zip' to the override folder and place the saved game into the save folder. Vara should now have a familiar with the animation of a Bat who can be sent back home and called when you need.

Do you have the saved game for the castle fight? I can have a look at that and see if a similar prob exists.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda hmmm. Seems my shadow dmg spells animations have been cancelled. Shadow missiles etc have no spell animation. ? Interesting..

Varas bat works perfect though ?. Tyty

The game that glitched with the harpies is back to normal. If it happens again I'll post it.

Any luck with the wolf Yin'Rou? For sylvanna..
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, having difficulty with the spells but here is where I am up to with the shapechange. You get the weapon and the shape. Let you know if I manage the spells as well... Let me know if there are any other differences I should be looking out for. Just place the unpacked file into the override folder.

Interesting about the loss of the animation. I will have a look and see if the saved game 'fix' introduced the problem.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda by "wep & shape" you mean I can console a wep like the G.werewolf claws? But for YinRou. That would be pretty neat lmao. Or does this file set sylvannas shapechange stats?
    @Xhoblaim, when Sylvannas changes to the Wolf shape, she gains the Spectral Claws as her weapons. This is already done and should have no need to console anything. Did you want the G.werewolf instead? Speaking of the console, how do you find it? Does it work fine for you?

Gus
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda yea the console seems to work fine. Although, I'm not very sure how to use it lol.

I have the Gww claws. Is it possible to do the same with Yin'Rou claws? ?