Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda Ah ok, so can you just make a character with the abilities? Lvl 1 with all the abilities in the innate bar, elf, male and female versions. This will be awesome till something new comes out. Name them Hanzo/Ayame.

As for the Adept, I came across the issue on new and existing characters. I know that if you click to make a new character and then import a modded character, that modded character loses the mods (like innate abilities). But I've never had a fault with leveling. I wonder if it has anything to do with the wolf summon for the Adept. That ability acts VERY strangely, giving it to other characters is possible so long as the summoner is not leader of the group. Even new shadow characters will gain 2 summons of the familiar instead of one. That's how you know they have been corrupted. The adept there should have the double summon also. It's never supposed to go above 1.

Note: gonna try an experiment, gonna make a Ninja in bg2ee and lvl up for the innates, then transfer the character data to iwdee. Since the Ninja class data is in the modfile, the passive Ninja HLAs should trigger.... in theory of course ???

Edit: scrap that...other device doesn't have bg2ee. Also forgot the mod for that game is messed up.
    edited January 2019
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, tracked the problem down to the HoF mod. Without it, everything else seems to work as it should. Reinstalled the mods a number of time to try and get an order change etc but with no success. I will have a look and see if there is a possible fix prior to reporting back to the author but I have to work out which file/files are causing the script problem.

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, just to let you know what is happening so far. Have traced the problem to the individual file, let the author of the mod know and am seeking some sort of solution (both with the author and playing around with various settings myself).

The prob exists between BetterHoF and Shadow Magic (only the two most important mods in the pack...) which then creates a conflict inside baldur.bcs where the variable to allow the script for Shadow Adept to learn spells on level up not to run.

I might be able to fool it somehow but it wouldn't be a permanent solution the way I am doing it. The author of BetterHoF is looking into the problem and will attempt a better solution for next release. Finger's crossed.

Gus
    @Gusinda Cool beans! In the meantime can you shoot me a setup without HoF? But keep the item changes? ?? Dunno if its possible lol. That way I can still play without crashing.
    @Xhoblaim, shall do. The items should still work... I think this is the best way to go as I don't think that the problem is going to go away to quickly... Probably need to wait to see if the author can fix the prob. If not, might need to remove the Shadow Magic mod or at least not use the Shadow Adept. Not sure yet about the other classes but I have a saved game which includes the sorcerer and bard to test ready to go.

See if I can upload the package later today.

Gus
    @Gusinda wait, I'd rather keep the shadow magic and remove the HoF, cept the items lol.
    edited January 2019
    No probs, that is the intention. The later was only if you wanted another run at the BetterHoF mod before any solution was found.

Trying a different method of getting the files to you today..., you will need to get RAR for Android onto your system though. If you don't want to then let me know and I will redo. The reason for this was that the modfile was getting to big to handle (break down into 50MB compressed chucks prior to .zipping)... When I was looking to use split zip, none of the FM saved to .zip but rather used .001, .002 etc. WinRAR saves everything with the extension .rar which is also uploadable. I tried it out on my device and all works as it should.

This will mean that you don't need to unpack all files individually. Just open part1 using RAR, check both boxes, long press and copy to clipboard. You then navigate to where your game's Files folder is and paste. It will unpack all files in the one hit.

See how you go and let me know if it is any better.

Enjoy
    Gus

Edit: Deleted modfile. Fixed version below.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    @Xhoblaim, have a look here. There is an image that fits one of your characters very nicely, even with his Bat familiar...

Gus
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda Oh ok cool, just wanted to be sure we on the same page ?. Dude you literally found the PERFECT portrait for Viktor! That's so awesome man tytyty!

Thanks for the heads up on the files. Thankfully I already use Rar ?.

Edit: just noticed that there's a job for bards that looks funny (text everywhere). Also the avatar additions worked to a degree lol, the bartender in HoW first town has the change (human male), but the others haven't worked yet. The item changes didn't seem to carry over either.
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Xhoblaim, great news on Viktor and using RAR... Would you be able to upload the problem with the bard's job.

For the Avatars, I tried the Elven Female Mage and Human Male Mage. I also tried the Ninja but I didn't register what the change should have been...

What sort of items are you talking about. Are these ones where we made the changes ourselves?
    Gus

edited January 2019
    @Gusinda Ah yes, the bard job name is unknown. You just have to make a new character to see it. You will spot it on the fly.

The item changes are from the HoF mod. Which didn't seem to carry over correctly, items have returned to normal and some items lack text.

Yeah the only avatars I want tho are the vampire and caped avatars for elves m/f
    @Xhoblaim, right... I thought they were the ones we had adjusted!. I didn't try any of the HoF items so will have into look at that. Will create a new char and see what the prob with bard is.

For the avatars, I installed all of them but will reduce to the above ones in the next install.

Gus
    Hi @Xhoblaim, here is the fix for the Bard. It was the Warlock so I have placed it into a different order and the text showed as it should.

For the Avatars, there wasn't anything specific about cloaked elves but there was for a female long haired elf (included). I also included the Vampire avatars and removed the rest. The cloaked avatars must be in another Mod.

No luck with the bringing in the items only from the BetterHOF. It would require more skills than I currently have to do that :(

Same deal with the mod install; it is a multivolume RAR.
    Gus
    @Gusinda I see I see..so it was the warlock eh. Cool beans, I have yet to figure that class out.

As for the avatars, below is the pack from the developer of the alt avatars. Not sure if the vampire avatars will class with this, if they don't cool, if not, scrap em. I guess remove all the avatars from the previous file cept the vampire and long haired elf (if there's no conflict). This should be the right one.

Why HoF!?!?!? Whyyyyyyyyy?!?!?! ???
    Lol
    I swear, finding mod items for this game is a pain. I think I'm getting old man, my meds make me fall asleep before I can find anything ??. I'll keep looking I guess..thanks bro, you da greatest.
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda Yo G-man, think you could fix this character? Something is reaaaaally messed up with him. Soon as he enters the game it gets all choppy and glitchy. This guy was the perfect shadow mage (sorc) we made a while back. He's got all the weave spells but, lacking a bit on spell slots. Would be cooler and better if he was a mage instead of sorc. Oh well, I'll take what I can get ?

Oh, almost forgot.. the dark lord also corrupts saves that he's in AND his condition is contagious. If I save a character while he's in the game, they will pick up his glitchyness when I load them again. I had to pretty much quarantine the guy from my characters lmao.

Edit: yo I also forgot to ask if you could fix that portrait you linked me earlier so I could use it? I put the pic into the portrait folder and it didn't work.

Edit2: Some items still have text missing strangely. Gauntlets of Dexterity and Gauntlets of elven might are some examples.
    edited January 2019
    @Xhoblaim, have a look at this possible saved game fix. It looks like it might have been his allocated sounds. I changed them to default and the game seemed to have picked up... If it doesn't, let me know and I will see if anything else shows it's head!

Also attached is the portraits for Viktor. I have included 2 as the L size, one with a bit of a closer crop. If you want that one, then remove the figure 2 at the end of the name (you will need to rename the first one though). Just place them into your portraits folder.

I will now have a look at the missing text on the items mentioned.

Gus

Edit: Would you be able to upload a saved game with the items in? I just added the two pairs of Gauntlets (via console) into the Dark Lord save and all the text showed describing the items.
    edited February 2019
    @Gusinda alrighty, heres a save with a few wizards I've made that are wearing gear with the text missing.

Edit: yeah I gave dark lord another run and he does move faster but he's still a bit slow and glitchy when moving n stuff.
    test.zip 132.7K
    edited February 2019
    Disregard
    Hi @Xhoblaim, I had a look at the test saved game and all of the items on the characters have text. I tested this on both PC and Note4... Interestingly, I also removed all the mods and loaded the game using a vanilla game. All the text was there as well. I wonder what would happen if you renamed your override to override.1 and lang-en_US.zip to lang-en_US.zip1 and load the game. If you have all the text on the items, then I would try and reload the mod again.

Before you do that, have a quick check and make sure there isn't 2 x .zips in the root of 'Files'.

Gus
    edited February 2019
    @Gusinda lmao yet again I fail. Redid the modfile and everything is good to go. There was no duplicate file, so I figure the mistake happened during extraction. All's good now.

Figured it out now. It was the HoF items that was causing the issue. Some of the items actually worked, they just didn't have text.. for example, the ring of shadows, doesn't normally give you hide every 5secs like HoF. Which is what was happening before, after reinstall it went back to normal. So guess it's safe to say that the HoF items ALMOST worked ??
    @Gusinda hey G-man, did you put the avatars in this modfile? Jus checkin
    @Xhoblaim, not the latest ones yet. Wanted to sort out the other problem first. Did the reinstall of the modfile fix the performance of the Dark Lord in the saved game?

Gus
    @Gusinda Negative sir. Still slow n choppy, just not as much.
    @Gusinda yoyo! I been giving that Warlock a spin and I see the awesomeness it has. I'm curious to know if you are able to edit the spells of the warlock? The class comes with 2 spells that open into their own set of spells. Most are pretty cool but there are a few I find to be useless. Plus I think it could use a few extra abilities....shadow weave abilities ???

@Xhoblaim, might be able to, which spells/abilities were you looking at? In the meantime, here is the updated version of the modfile with the extra avatars installed.

Gus
    @Gusinda I was looking at the summon skeleton ability and this spell shield like ability it has. Wanted to change the summon from undead to a shadow. Also wanna change the spell animation to see some kind of purple bubble lol. I also wonder if the shadow weave cast animation can be applied to spell casting..
    @Gusinda Alrighty, back on the scene ?.

Here's the warlock. See what you can make happen.. my previous post has the changes. If nothing works I will have to give him some innate skills instead.
    edited February 2019
    Disregard.
    @Xhoblaim, try these and see if it is what you are after... I'm afraid that the animation is the best I could get.

It is specifically for this Warlock from lvl 15 forward.
    Gus