Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda hmmm strange indeed. I thought his char file was saved like that. I jus ported him from BG2EE. What's weird though is that this occurred after it happened with another character. I chose this save bcuz it was from a new game. So strange that things work fine for you but are acting funny on my end. This isn't the first time tho..

Before, I would just copy the .chr file and move into iwdee char folder. Never crashed so I assumed things were ok. So my theory is this: when I move the file then load the char in a new game, once it starts it causes changes to happen to compensate for the unfamiliar change. I will upload his char file.. could give some insight as I have a few other characters with different avatars.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited January 2019
    @Xhoblaim, I had a look and the paper doll was set to Monk rather than Monk Male Human. Once set to that, paper doll showed.

Gus

Edit: Added saved game to test Familiar prob.
  • tiduszxxtiduszxx Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2019
    I've tried this pack but it's so very difficult! first time playing IWD in so long - was anything added other than the original things posted up on the 1st page?

ps: @Gusinda I've also tried to follow your guide and get my own pack set up but it seems something goes wrong with possibly the dialog.tlk (getting INVALID:numbers) instead of the new kits I was trying to install (I hate Undead kits or the Might and Guile kits)

I tried them each individually and they both fail. I've retraced my steps following your instructions on how to get it set up from here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43990/how-to-install-mods-on-android/p9 - not sure what's going wrong. It's only been 12 hours of trials and errors so far haha.
    Post edited by tiduszxx on
    Hi @tiduszxx and welcome to the forum. If you grabbed the latest version of this modfile then yes, it has been made more difficult (much more) with the installation of @OlvynChuru 's Improved HoF mod. If you want to use the one without the HoF mod, then use this one. It was the last version prior.

For the Invalid text, the most likely cause is that the lang.zip file has been compressed (it has to be STORED method which is an uncompressed container) or that it hasn't been centrlafixed. If you want, you can upload your lang.zip and WeiDU.log (renamed as WeiDU.log.txt) and I can have a look. If you still get invalid text and you are using english as the language, you can try making a copy of the dialog.tlk and rename it to dialogf.tlk placed into the same folder (lang\en_US\) prior to creating the STORED lang.zip. This has been a work around for a couple of mods in the BG series.

Gus
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda - thank you so much for the link to the old file. That will be a good start for me!!

And thanks for the tips for making my own mod files. I think what was missing was actually zipping up the lang/en_US/dialog.tlk (and centralizing it)-- Having the dialog.tlk just dropped into the Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/lang folder didn't seem to do the trick.

You da man!!
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda not "familiar" but "unfamiliar".. lol. It's all good. Hey can you make a copy of him as a shadow mage? With all spells muwaha and lvl 50! Muwhaha....ahem*
    @Xhoblaim, I will see what I can do. I have guests here for the next couple of weeks so it will be adhoc access depending on what is going on.

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, here is the all powerful Drac. I am unsure what the impact is in creating this type of char as full level but I am sure we will find out :wink:. I have placed all the SA spells in the book and increased the spells for each level to 18 (max). I haven't memorised any so all you should need to do is select the ones you want and have a little nap.

May the power of the weave be with you...
    Gus
    @Gusinda ???? thnx man!
    Jus one slight issue, his avatar has changed to a monk ?.
    @Xhoblaim, what would you like the avatar to be. I tried looking at previous versions of Dracule but they all showed as being Monk.

Gus
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda ooooooooooh that explains everything ?. I thought you could see the avatar I had for him. He looked like Lazarus from BG2EE. The guy who's book was stolen, that you gotta retrieve, so he can sell you items(scrolls). I think he's the version of Elminster without the hat lol. I'm still trying to get my hands on a Elminster avatar that you can change colors with..?. Elminster avatar as a shadow adept would be so awesome lol, but the red has to go ?.

Edit: unfortunately when starting a new game (or import into an existing game), it jumps to the lvling loop with Dracule.. I imagine making him lvl 49 with all but like 6 spells, so the last lvl can be gained normally.. this may work? Also keep in mind that the shadow weave classes don't lvl properly at the moment (when lvling, no new spells can be selected).
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Xhoblaim, found that Lazarus in BG2EE uses the 'Monk' avatar. This is the one that doesn't show any paperdoll in IWDEE so I am guessing that the paperdoll doesn't exist there. Wouldn't know how to import it... There may be a need for a new avatar.

Having a look (to import) now but in the meantime, see if there is another you like.

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, I have started a new game with Dracule and added XP etc with no request to lvl. Have a look at this and see if it suits your desires. I game him the Mage Human Male avatar until we can sort this out.

Gus
    @Gusinda perfect no craziness so far. ?
    @Xhoblaim, the HoF mod has just been updated, and I will do a new version of the modfile. Is there anything else you want changed/added while I am doing that?

Gus
    edited January 2019
    @Gusinda ahhh yessss, let's see...
    The shadow robes could use a change..
    Does the Ninja mod and the avatar mod (the one that gave theives cloaks) have a update/work?
    Once the character that looks like a monk is changed back to Lazarus, should be good on character custom stuff for a while.. actually now that I think about it.. will probably have 1, need to remake my death knight lol.

As far as modfile additions..we are good to go as far as I can tell. Do character changes or skill additions require a complete remake of the modfile? If not we good. ?

For the shadow robes, the glow on the chest can be toned down a bit.. too much shiny lol. Also, make the robes all one color (Viktors primary color), leave the rest of the glow, and if possible, color the jewels (if any) blue, if the shoulder pads or claok pins are all that can be colored make them like a blue-ish color.. let's see how that looks lol.
    BTW I was looking at an elf wearing the robes when I thought of these changes.

EDIT: Ok so, since you mentioned an update I began looking around and first thing I saw was Serevok57s big modfile, I'm down to give it a shot if you are willing to do it since it does have increased difficulty and items, that's what I wanted the HoF mod for lol.
    @Gusinda @Xhoblaim have you both played the HOF mod with these other mods extensively? if so, how are you liking it? - I'm planning on possibly adding it to my modfile as well, which is very similar to what you guys have (minus overpowered vampires hahah)
    edited January 2019
    @tiduszxx, I haven't played it that much (enough though to look forward to playing it through). I have a BG series run going at the moment. Have to prepare myself for a butt kicking once that run is complete. The times I have 'tested' the game were difficult, so enjoyable.

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, shall have a test of the Ninja mod and see if it plays the game. For Sarevok57's mod, it was created for v1.4 of IWDEE and may present some problems with 2.5; we can only but try. I will do the update for HoF and get it going, then put a separte upload for Sarevok57s. I wont put them together as they are unlikely to be compatible.

Modifying the characters don't require a full modfile change as any individual files can be uploaded with the change. I wont be doing it today as RL is very busy so hope to get it done tomorrow. If I can't then it might not be for another week as I will be away from my gaming beast but still checking in whilst on the run.

I might add that Sarevok57's mod is a copy into the override folder so it can be downloaded and added to a clean version of the game. I will place it into a version of the game that contains the other mods that are part of your play style but it is unknown to me what the effect of installing into 2.5 will have on it. Tried it on 1.4 and enjoyed it.

Gus
    @Gusinda Ok brother sounds good. Thank you.
    @tiduszxx I love the added difficulty. The item buff is pretty cool too. I enjoy it alot ?
    @Gusinda hey Gus, how are things? Had a chance to take a look at the modfile?
    Hi @Xhoblaim, I should be back on deck tomorrow and have it uploaded the following day; all going well...

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, here is the latest pack. It includes the update for HoF and Ninja. I couldn't remember what was the name of the mod that added cloaks for thieves. Do you remember at all? I haven't yet tested on my device but I have on PC... Queried for invalid text and couldn't see any.

If you remember the name of the Avatar mod (or if I do), I will add for next.

Let me know if you have any probs
    Gus
    @Gusinda here's the zip with the geomancer class and the avatars I think. Take a look, I think they can be used individualy. Hope this is it...?

Should also have a long hair mod for females too.. if it doesn't look bad and it works, toss it in..

Good to hear you're doing well. I myself am finally getting adjusted to my meds. They would make me fall asleep at like 2pm and I'd be up by like 3am..lol. My sleep pattern was jacked ?.
    edited January 2019
    Disregard.
    @Gusinda before things become more complicated, I think it would be be a good idea to investigate the reason as to why my shadow adept isn't lvling properly. This also happened with the Ninja class with the HLAs. Once I complete the lol up, the learning of new skills doesn't trigger, same with the Ninja HLAs. I kinda understand the Ninja situation, but why the adept ? hmmmm
    Hi @Xhoblaim, would you be able to upload a saved game (or 2)?

Thanks
    Gus
    @Gusinda oops ?. Thought I attached that lol.
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Xhoblaim, for the easy one first; the Ninja's HLAs. Unfortunately IWDEE doesn't do HLAs (without modding - I am sure there is one out there somewhere).

For the Adept, I am still playing with it. I created a new game with the script working but need to see what is happening on level up properly. Quick Q. Did you import your adept or create from new?

Gus

Edit: Something is stripping the scripts away from all new characters; will have to find out what...
    On another note, I installed the avatar pack and it seems to be ok, but the doco that comes with it says it isn't compatible. We shall keep an eye on it to see what happens.
    Post edited by Gusinda on