Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda yeah I'm thinking the other way is better. So that any char that wears the armor will have the color also. Any success with the robes idea? If so, I'm probably gonna apply that white robe+glow idea to another set of robes. Since those robes weaken you.
    Also, the thing you mentioned with the armor color change didn't seem work for me. Not sure why..
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, have a look at these and see if I am in the right direction. I have done the armours and the Shadow Robe and Robe of Agony. No glow at this stage...

Just unpack into override folder.

Gus
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda Me likey! The white robes look great, just make the super white part a shade darker. I'm scared it may overlap the glow animation since it will be white also. If possible, the peak of the glow (ya know, how they pulse) will have the entire robe looking like the super white color sorta.
    @Xhoblaim, give these two a try. I have reduced the whiteness on the white and added the glow effects to both.

Gus
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda BRUH! This is awesome! The purple is great and so is the white. For tweaks, if possible, reduce some of the glow in the chest of the shadow robes and remove the hood glow also (only IF it can be removed by itself). For the white robes, maybe I'm a lil crazy (?) but, there appears to be this greenish tint to the glow at some point, can that be remedied? I wonder how it would look with a hood...maybe the super white parts will stand out better..

Edit: oh yeah, you know that "shadow veil" spell for the shadow adept? The animation has a shadow version of that "cloak of fear" spell/ability. Any way to make them all look like the shadow version?
    @Xhoblaim, I removed the green tinge and made it purple on the white cloak, but didn't have much luck stopping the glow from the hood (I think it is part of the overall cloak rather than a seperate item) or reducing the glow from the Shadowed Robe.

Still to look at the spell. I think you want the Cloak of Fear to look like the Shadowed Veil, is that right?

Gus
    @Gusinda yuppers. So you were only able to make the green tint purple? White didnt work? Damnit. I was so close to awesomeness ?.. shadow robes will have to do then. I was trying to make a robe that looks like the guy in Lord of the rings, the other wiz that gandalf fought. I see (and figured) options are limited. So I guess it's time to move on to the weapons. Will post those goodies later today.
    @Xhoblaim, I initially changed it to purple due to his colour scheme and another white looked too white. Here is a version where the green is changed to Saruman white.

Gus
    edited November 2018
    @Gusinda Sweet! I got it! Ok, the part that pulses to the saruman white, can you assign that glow to the whole robes? I think that would be perfect. If the white is too bright, maybe a shade darker in the glow will help (if possible)? I apologise if this getting tedious. I have a habit of trying to get things perfect lol.

Tytyty
    @Xhoblaim, there isn't that much control over the colours. You get a grading associated with each colour and the robe pulse works on a series of robe individual components... If you want to have a look at the colour gradients, take a look here and you would understand.

Used to have (back in the 80s) a white Great Dane who I name Saruman, one day he magically disappeared.

Gus
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda ah ok, so if you choose say, light silver from the pallet, when applied to the glow effect, would appear to go from white to silver and if I choose dark rose red, it will only go as high as the light red on the pallet? The robes we edited that has the pusle that glows to "saruman" white, that glow can only be applied to certain areas of the robes, is that what ur sayin? I like how the glow is on the shadow robes. Could we try a version of those robes, all light silver, with that light silver glow that peaks with a lil white in it?

Also, let's try this color #3E2F59 for the shadow robes glow. Says these are EE only colors...

?? I'm so sorry to hear that. I would lose it if my dog disappeared. Especially a big boy like that.
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Xhoblaim, kinda... In the Glow, you are given the entire range (RGB) but when selecting the colours (main/minor/armour etc), you are given the gradients above.

I'll see what can happen for both robes in the new colours. When referring to the gradient chart, would you be able to use the Decimal (118) number or the Hex (76h); makes it easier to check. Thanks. Also, when looking at the Shadow Robe, don;t forget that their is some transparency happening so you wouldn't be able to see the 'rich' colour set. For comparison (when I get the other colour up), his current armour colour is 151 decimal and pulses is based on Black (RGB 0 0 0). For the new Shadow Robe, it is colour 118 and pulse based around same.

For the white robe, colour was based on white and pulse based on white (RGB 255 255 255). Changinh to silver, I used 05 decimal (#999D8D - RGB 153 157 141) with pulse same.

Yeah, he was only a puppy (couple months) and we expected that he just jump the fence and ran. Sobeit, that's life. He was a magical fellow though :) .

Gus
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda ahhh ok, I think I get it. For the most part anyway. So use the decimal # for color reference, got it ??.

Aw, I hope he's having a good life ?

Edit: the white robes look good, can that small area of greenish tint be turned silver? The rest of the glow is perfect
    @Xhoblaim, I thought that I had got that... Here it is with Silver.

For the robes/armour: are they suitable?
    If so, I will place them into a folder to make sure that when the next update happens, they wont be lost.

Gus
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda Perfect bro! Now the color scheme we came up with for the white robes, apply that to the robes "Ogi-Luc's Great Robe". And those robes are complete ✊✊✊ tytyty. For the shadow robes, let's try 3Ch/60 Dark Purple for the glow, with a black base for gradient. Oh and can we change the glow area from the cape liner, to the cape itself (and whatever other areas that correspond). Dark is the idea here lol.

That would be really awesome and much appreciated man! I wanna keep these armor changes ?
    edited December 2018
    @Xhoblaim, ok try this. Changed the colour scheme on Ogi Robe and Shadowed Robe. Not sure if it actually got the glow change. See what happens.

The game save contains Ogi Robe with the second Viktor and a change to his minor colour (changes the hood colour).

Gus

Edit: Game Save
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda Muwhahahaa!!! Perfect! Oh ya, the shadow robe glow is still the same lol.

Next is the blade of Auril +3. Can you make the blade glow like the glow the weapon gives? It's like a blue glow. Also wanna add the rest of the shadow spells to Viktor and later I will upload a save with a char that I need a few changes made on. ( Can't remember what at the moment ?)
    @Xhoblaim, for the glow, do you mean like the 'Fang of Gloomfrost' blade?

Gus
    @Gusinda yeah like that but a lil bit darker of a blue. If you equip the Auril blade, you will gain a blue glow over the body. That same glow, no pulse, for the Auril dagger.
    @Xhoblaim, this colour was about the closest I could get. The is a Pure Blue but it looks horrid.

I would do the spells but I want to make sure you want all of them. This will mean that you will enter a loop, that you can't get out of without crashing the game, when you try to level up...
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda ?? ugh, it does look horrid lol. What I do is I take the glowing robes put those on then put on the dagger and the glows compliment each other. Have a look at that and see if you can make the dagger look similar. Pweez tytyty

Oh yeah, can you give him the attack spells from shadow? I theorize this to be safe lol
    @Xhoblaim, sorry about the delay. I have done most of it except find suitable colours for the dagger (without looking like ...).

If I can't find anything it, I will set back to default (dagger only) and upload today.

Gus
    @Gusinda Koo. Maybe try giving the dagger a blue glow.. might look better lol. If not, turn it into a gloomfrost look alike.. (purp handle?)
    @Xhoblaim, ok here are the updates. I made the dagger only blue. The saved game contains the attacking spells and doubling (each level) memorising of spells.

Gus
    edited December 2018
    @Gusinda woohoo! Thank man, this muuuuch better ?. Ur awesome ✊

For the shadow robe, we forgot to apply that dark purple color 75h/117 lol. I jus wanna see how it looks.. I think this would look better.. and by "better" I mean easier to match colors with ?. I also discovered that the shadow robe glow looks way more awesome on a human than a elf lol.

I see what you did with dagger.. it's actually a good choice since I use the glow from the blade.. somehow it works out lmao.
    @Xhoblaim, give this a go. You will need both as I also changed the minor colour of Viktor to change the colour of his hood.

Gus
    @Gusinda uh oh, I see no changes. ??
    Everything is the same from what I can tell.
    @Xhoblaim, whoops! The problem with having too many robes backed up. I think I gave you the previous version. Try this one.

Gus
    @Gusinda this is awesome! But... ?
    There still appears to be a separate glow on the hood and chest (I think they are linked). Drop that and the robes will be flawless. ?
    @Xhoblaim, lets give this one a go...

Gus