Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is almost here!

Comments

• AlchraDiagotAlchraDiagot Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for this project.
    as i mention before somewhere else

is there any chance this ee come to steam (gog) as a paid product ? (continuous update, steam overlay - card - arcivment, Multiplayer)

something like
    Icewind Dale 2 : Community Edition
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    It's a fan mod, so no.
  • AlchraDiagotAlchraDiagot Member Posts: 4
    Acrux2 wrote: »
    It's a fan mod, so no.

Why not ?
    its definitely worth a price
    considering how much work in it

Icewind Dale 2 : Fan Edition maybe ? :D
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    Well, they could set up a Patreon or something similar if they want donations for their work, but they couldn't legally sell a "fan edition" of the game because they don't own the license.
  • harpopanharpopan Member Posts: 4
    First of all, thanks to all the team for this amazing project.

Anyone here has applied for beta tester and is working? Is there any link with the resources to test it or you must wait for the appliance ?

Thanks !!
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    they maybe will consider to buy licence from hasbro and maybe some sponsors will help and then release as a payed product
  • mateusz_stepienmateusz_stepien Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2021
    @OlvynChuru brilliant. Hooked horrors falling of the ceiling.

Btw I believe it would make teleportation/jumps more interesting if they actually would enable doing minor quest/getting interesting items. With such skill characters are theortically able to explore every inch of terrain.
    Post edited by mateusz_stepien on
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Thank you for the animated image updates, I love them and can't wait for an official release
  • KranfordTButcherKranfordTButcher Member Posts: 1
    I literally bumped into this on Memorial Day. I hope the work continues. I will admit that I'm a bit bummed that the wildshape enhancements from ease-of-use won't work with this, but oh well. I'll probably have to remake my entire party, but then, that's probably the best way to get the full experience of this mod when it comes out.

I'm currently running parts of Ease of Use, along with Light of Selune and I think another merchant or two.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Thankee for your work on this - all of you! Alleluia!

What about adding a version compatible with EET so players can also venture to the frozen north in addition to EET?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It's unlikely. IWD2 uses a different version of the engine and porting the game to the 2nd edition engine from the Beamdog EE would require a massive effort to rebuild the game from its base resources, and it wouldn't be possible to implement many of IWD2's features, even the vanilla game's.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I thought @swit was working on something like that and using EEex for it.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    There's also a Russian project led by tipun in parallel to the originally announced IWD-in-EET projects as well.
    Still hyped!
  • KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
    I'm hyped for like 8 months already, was expecting this to be out already tbh.

But it is worth waiting for!
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2021
    Good job.
    Post edited by majber on
  • GoreGore Member Posts: 2
    Has there been any word on how development is going in terms of release date? I asked about getting a beta invite but no one responded. Thank you.
    there's been no news in a while so I imagine they're having a hiatus
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    SirBatince wrote: »
    there's been no news in a while so I imagine they're having a hiatus

Actually, I've been doing a bunch of work on IWD2EE in the past couple of days. Mostly just bugfixes, though, so I don't have anything particularly exciting to show right now.
  • ghettoleelewisghettoleelewis Member Posts: 1
    I'm a music composer and long-time fan interested in contributing. What kind of new content would need original music and who can I get in touch with? Another friend of mine (also a composer and long-time fan) is interested as well.
  • TheTjumsTheTjums Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2021
    I'm a music composer and long-time fan interested in contributing. What kind of new content would need original music and who can I get in touch with? Another friend of mine (also a composer and long-time fan) is interested as well.

You know what would be cool? NPC companions with banter, personal quests (romances?) --and just like in the Baldur's Gate games, each companion would have their own theme music that plays during some of their dialogue.

Just throwing out an idea, where newly composed, custom music would be very fitting and exciting.

Cheers!
  • ShankstaBytesShankstaBytes Member Posts: 18
    This is cool. How can I download?
    Any news?
  • CinuCinu Member Posts: 9
    Hi, is there any posibility of adding a "no random loot" option in the future? To be able to pick one of the possible items from chest, to have all of them appear in chests at once, or to be able to buy the loot we didn't roll from a specific merchant? If not, does anyone is interested in creating such a mod? Thank you guys for keeping game alive!
    Cinu wrote: »
    Hi, is there any posibility of adding a "no random loot" option in the future? To be able to pick one of the possible items from chest, to have all of them appear in chests at once, or to be able to buy the loot we didn't roll from a specific merchant? If not, does anyone is interested in creating such a mod? Thank you guys for keeping game alive!

I haven't played IWD2 in ages. Does it really have the same item system as IWD1?
This discussion has been closed.