Skip to content

[MOD] The Gorgon’s Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost)

Comments

• TotalMilk9TotalMilk9 Member Posts: 76
    Hey, noticed a small issue with item upgrade on EET. For item Crystalline Torque it requires a ring of wizardry: evermemory or item RING08. However, in bg2, hence eet, that code is used by ring of wizardry: reaching ring, while evermemory uses item code RING08_ . If anyone else has problem please use C:CreateItem("RING08", 1) as a sloppy fix or find reaching ring in eekeeper.

Thanks it seems there’s a few upgrade items like that for EET that don’t get changed so I’ll fix those in the next update.
    I think I'm more or less finished with the guild, but I haven't run into the Thieves' Compendium. How do I get it?

You have to buy them from Danika who is located in the way of back of the guildhall by the water pool. You also have to be a thief, a thief kit, or multi-thief to be able to get them.
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Where do I find Europea?
    Mapek wrote: »
    Where do I find Europea?
    High Hedge around the south west edge.

• MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    One more question. Who do I talk to to finish Fishy Request?
    Mapek wrote: »
    One more question. Who do I talk to to finish Fishy Request?
    Talk to Zeda, the head smuggler inside the guild.

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    edited January 2023
    Hi, thank you for this mod!
    I'm playing a paladin right now, so I only have access to the merchants right?
    If I put the helm of opposite alignment on my character, will the quests become available?
    @Trouveur

Yeah if you’re lawful good the guildmaster will kind of just shoo you away but you can still gamble and use the shops. In theory the helmet should work because the dialog trigger is only for alignment and nothing else.

Use the helm, talk to the guildmaster, and then you can take the helm off right after and still play the whole mod.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    TotalMilk9 wrote: »
    @Trouveur

Yeah if you’re lawful good the guildmaster will kind of just shoo you away but you can still gamble and use the shops. In theory the helmet should work because the dialog trigger is only for alignment and nothing else.

Use the helm, talk to the guildmaster, and then you can take the helm off right after and still play the whole mod.
    Thank you, it's time for Durlag's Tower then. :-)
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited January 2023
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Thank you, it's time for Durlag's Tower then. :-)
    Jamie in the Nashkel Manor technically has a Helm of Opposite Alignment in BGEE. It is outside of his inventory though, but the Bag of Spilling component from RandomGraionTweaks and/or lolfixes would move it back to his inventory.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited January 2023
    I played this mod and enjoyed it so much. It was very well made and fit seamlessly, maybe except only for some of the battle music. There were some small bugs here and there but nothing too big. I'd still like to report what I encountered in my playthrough. I'm using v3.2.
    1 - Even though I had given Ogre blade to Rhade before for examination, it didn't provide me the katana option for item upgrade part in the end. I had to EEKeeper another Ogre blade to my inventory and give it again to Rhade beforehand for the katana option to come. The katana itself is a bit overpowered though.
    2 - I had the same issue with Evermemory that was mentioned above for Crystalline Torque, even though I'm not using EET. My ring of wizardry was different in my game. So I used EEKeeper for the expected version. Also, I thought the item itself was a little bit underwhelming considering all the components used.
    3 - For all quests, when the quest is done, only the last entry for that quest is marked as QuestDone. All previous entries still stay as Quest. This causes the issue of having the same quest both in Quests column and Done Quests column in my journal. Considering there are quite a lot of quests in this mod, my journal became really messy. My solution to this was again using EEKeeper to mark all the quest entries as QuestDone for each quest that I finished. It was a little bit of an inconvenience, though not a big deal. But still, this is the biggest bug with this mod based on my experience.

Overall, I really loved the mod. The story and the content were amazing. Thank you so much for making and sharing it TotalMilk9. Much appreciated.
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
    @Ludwig_II

Thanks for the great feedback and bug finding, I really appreciate it!

There’s been some varying issues with Rhade and the item upgrades with and without EET so I will take a closer look and try to fix all the problems.

The quest log issue is something I have never experienced. I don’t think I have a separate page for completed quests, they just get crossed out and stay there. I’ll try to look into this though and see what’s going on.

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Oh, it might be something related to a different version of journal we're using. I'm using Dragonspear UI ++ mod, and it has 2 journal types there. One is like you mentioned, the other one is 2 separate pages for quests and done quests. I'm using the one with 2 pages, and with that one the difference between this mod's quests and other quests become clear. Generally with quests, all quest entries related to one quest becomes QuestDone once they are done. I checked this via Journal section in EEKeeper to identify the differences.
    Interesting, thanks! I’ll check how some other mods handle this and see what I can do.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I really love this mod! There is just one thing I would like to clarify:
    Could you make it clear that the coded letter needs to go to the guildhall boss in bombs over beregost? I was wandering around for hours trying to work out what I was supposed to do after killing the thieves.
  • MacSatanMacSatan Member Posts: 16
    I agree with Skull_Bearer, I could use some help wit this as well........
    I have killed all of the thieves and have a letter in a code the only a shadow thief could decipher. I have wakled everywhere and gone back down into the guild and do not see Baldwin anywhere.
    I think that’s a good idea. Maybe I can add some text in the note that says who to bring it to so it’s more clear.

At some point Baldwin moves to the first little campfire area in the guildhall. He should be right behind where Rigaldo is.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    There's also this request for help.
  • M4RTM4RT Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2023
    I've tested this mod singleplayer and it is working perfectly. But in multiplayer, it is an instant crash while we try to enter the guild. I can enter alone as host and then call my friends once inside, and then exit, but next time we try to enter we crash again.
    We can manage it because I really want to play it with my friends but it would be nice if something can be done...
    TY and congratulations for your mod! :)

Edit : well I've just reinstalled all mods + 'purge' my BGEE files (too many characters / savegames!) and now it works. Sorry and thanks again for your mod! :)
    Post edited by M4RT on
    @M4RT Sweet! Modding multiplayer games is usually a little tricky so glad you were able to figure it out.
  • M4RTM4RT Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2023
    No doubt multiplayer modding could be complicated. For what I have seen so far about that problem, it still occurs with majority of players, but it doesn't with few of them (I've played with five different players and it was working correctly for only one of them). For that multiplayer run I will simply ask players to quit as I enter in guild then call them back once inside...
  • UraUra Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations! You have made a very enjoyable mod.

If you permit me an observation/suggestion, i would ask you to change the compendium book that gives a bonus to armor class to something like the bonus the swashbuckler kit receives, the way it is now (diminishing base armor class from 10 to 9) only the monk and kits that don't use armor benefits.

Other than that I think this mod is a must have!
    Ura wrote: »
    Congratulations! You have made a very enjoyable mod.

If you permit me an observation/suggestion, i would ask you to change the compendium book that gives a bonus to armor class to something like the bonus the swashbuckler kit receives, the way it is now (diminishing base armor class from 10 to 9) only the monk and kits that don't use armor benefits.

Other than that I think this mod is a must have!

Glad you’ve enjoyed it and thanks for finding that error. I must have put the wrong type of armor class bonus on that item and I’ll fix it in the next patch.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I handed the ogre blade to Eurynome, but chapters later he still doesn't have a weapon for me. What should I be getting?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @TotalMilk9
    How fare your updates for the next patch?

Thankee!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    I handed the ogre blade to Eurynome, but chapters later he still doesn't have a weapon for me. What should I be getting?

It's an ingredient for Stheno's Blade (the katana made from the Keryokien piece). If you don't choose to make the katana, I don't think you get anything from it.

What Thrasy said. You get another item later on that you can fuse with the ogre blade to make it into a weapon.
    Endarire wrote: »
    @TotalMilk9
    How fare your updates for the next patch?

Thankee!

Sadly there won’t be an update for a while, at least not for the next few months. I have a list of fixes and an outline for an extra block of content but I just don’t have the time to work on it right now.

• phlapheephlaphee Member Posts: 1
    Is there any way to rescue Ilena from death? I've tried all dialogue options and they all seem to end with her being killed by Isley.

Regardless, thank you very much for this excellent mod!
  • mausmaus Member Posts: 17
    It is possible. But you have to be quick ;)
    phlaphee wrote: »
    Is there any way to rescue Ilena from death? I've tried all dialogue options and they all seem to end with her being killed by Isley.

Regardless, thank you very much for this excellent mod!

Thanks! There’s a couple ways you can save her but they are based off your ability scores.
    If you have a high enough dexterity(18+) and a bow or crossbow equipped you get an option to shoot and kill him instantly.

Or if you have a high enough charisma(18+) you can provoke him away from Ilena without him killing her.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2023
    Hi so far i enjoy your mod quite a bit even though i am not far in. I really like the Aesthetics and the Music Choice of the Hideout and i think i am heading for an interesting journey.

I have a Question related to one of the Bounty Quests and hope you can help me :)

I was not able to find the Courtesan Aisha so far even though i pretty much looked everywhere in Beregost i think. Could you give me a Hint where she is hiding? :)