Skip to content

[MOD] The Gorgon’s Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost)

Comments

• zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    I skipped Gorgon Eye Thieves Guild. I was thinking of doing the Gorgon Eye questline after I leave Candlekeep in chapter 6. Is it too late?

Currently I am in Baldur's Gate chapter 5.
  • TotalMilk9TotalMilk9 Member Posts: 78
    zelazko wrote: »
    I skipped Gorgon Eye Thieves Guild. I was thinking of doing the Gorgon Eye questline after I leave Candlekeep in chapter 6. Is it too late?

Currently I am in Baldur's Gate chapter 5.

Nope, you can start it at anytime you want.
  • Copycat665Copycat665 Member Posts: 15
    Heya.

When it comes to the part where I stab the guild in the back, Richard Glendale arrives and speaks one sentence to Baldwin, ends the chat and then... nothing. Nothing happens. No responses, but battles. And no npc got anything new to say.

I guess this was bugged somehow, but anyone got an idea how to get it to continue?
    edited October 2023
    @Copycat665 What's the sentence Richard says? Is Baldwin there?

Edit: I might know the problem actually. I've been updating the mod recently but its not stable or ready yet, I think you may have downloaded that instead of the latest actual release which is v3.3
    Post edited by TotalMilk9 on
    Oh yea. I can see I got 3.4, HAHA! Well, my mistake :)
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Copycat665 wrote: »
    Oh yea. I can see I got 3.4, HAHA! Well, my mistake :)
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Dang, yeah sorry. Thanks for finding that bug in my new version at least. :D

There's a janky fix you can do if you want to finish it, you just won't get all the ending dialog.

Ctrl-Y Baldwin
    C:CreateCreature("h_snak2c")
    C:SetGlobal("h_SpawnRichard","GLOBAL",3)
    Cheers, I'll try that out.

Great mod btw!
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    edited October 2023
    The Vapula bounty doesn't seem to remove some entries when completed:
    cdamfwvfz8xo.png

edit:

I'm also stuck on the counterfit coint quest.
    I got to the part where the noblewoman confirms her daughter is sam and says the maid stole a necklace. now nobody in the house has anything more to says there's animosity. What's the next step?
    Post edited by Allbrother on
    1: Did you return the pendant from Vapula to the thieves? If so, no clue why it won't finish.

2: Perhaps work some of those thives skills on the alleged thief :)
    edited October 2023
    Copycat665 wrote: »
    1: Did you return the pendant from Vapula to the thieves? If so, no clue why it won't finish.

2: Perhaps work some of those thives skills on the alleged thief :)

1.I did, you can see the quest complete on the right with the latest entry, it's just the old entries of the quest that weren't removed and are now stuck in the journal without a parent quest. EDIT: Same issue with the counterfit coin now. Quest complete, but older entries not removed)

2.I had pickpocketed everyone in the house and didn't get new conversation for some reason. Going back to it again now, I did, no idea what happened there. I even looked at the code and it should've worked fine the first time
    @Allbrother

Have the journal entries for other quests worked fine? Someone else had this problem too, It might possibly have to do with the UI mod you're using, because I've never been able to replicate this issue.

I use AddJournalEntry(#,QUEST) AddJournalEntry(#,QUEST_DONE) for all journaling. Maybe your game is looking for something else? If it only happens to some quests, I'm wondering if it's for ones that have unused entries, like ones to be used in case of different outcomes. Maybe there's another code to use for those situations, EraseJournalEntry, perhaps? Just a thought, as I really have no idea, this is beyond my modding knowledge.

Regarding the Coin Quest:
    I see you figured it out already but yeah the noblewoman gives a slight clue, although pretty vague, about the maid being known to steal things. You then pickpocket the maid, find her counterfeit coin, and confront her about it.
    @TotalMilk9

Upon further investigation, it appears to be interaction with the big journal screen of dragonspearui++.

So what I think is happening is that AddJournalEntry(#,QUEST_DONE) sets the quest headline and that specific entry to quest_done, but older entries are still set to quest. On small journal it doesn't make a difference since the quest is on a different tab and all entries are pulled with it, but on the big journal page they're on the same page so the quest done entry is correctly displayed on the right side (completed quests), but the older entries are still appearing incorrectly on the left side (active quests) when the finished quest is expanded. They do disappear when it's collapsed.

I see this appears to be happening on all quests of the mod now, along with quests from other mods that don't delete older entries.

I see 2 ways of fixing it. The simple one is to just delete old entries with EraseJournalEntry. This would leave just the latest one in the journal that was added with quest done status. The slightly more involved one would be to erase old entries, then re-add them all along with the new one with quest_done. That should, in theory, have all entries correctly appear in the completed quests, though I'm not 100% sure it would work as expected as I haven't tried it.

I don't expect this would be the highest priority as again, it only happens when the complete quest is expanded in the journal and can be bypassed entirely by switching to small journal mode, but it is an unwanted interaction with one of the most popular ui mods
    @Allbrother

So, fully complete a quest, then EraseJournalEntry all entries except for the final QUEST_DONE, and that will fix the problems? I'm really not familiar with UI mods, but it seems like an easy fix, and I don't mind adding things in to make it play nicer with other mods. Thanks for looking into it more!
    TotalMilk9 wrote: »
    @Allbrother

So, fully complete a quest, then EraseJournalEntry all entries except for the final QUEST_DONE, and that will fix the problems?

I believe so, though I don't think the order of these actions matters when removing them, only if they're re-added with quest_done status.

That being said, I've since discovered even Beamdog quests have this interaction so maybe not worth bothering
  • NiewiemNiewiem Member Posts: 8
    Hey @TotalMilk9
    I really liked your mod though I am stuck on the counterfeit coin quest...
    I got information that I need to go to Nashkel to find Sam - searched everywhere and there is no Sam there - I guess that it would be Samantha that ran away from the Manor.
    I am stuck as there are only 3 characters there(Noblewoman, Megan, Trask) (I also played NToTSC and some characters left when I saved daughter of mayor) - I cannot steal anything from any of them and talking to them does not forward quest in any way.
    Any suggestions on how to proceed?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    Niewiem wrote: »
    Hey @TotalMilk9
    I really liked your mod though I am stuck on the counterfeit coin quest...
    I got information that I need to go to Nashkel to find Sam - searched everywhere and there is no Sam there - I guess that it would be Samantha that ran away from the Manor.
    I am stuck as there are only 3 characters there(Noblewoman, Megan, Trask) (I also played NToTSC and some characters left when I saved daughter of mayor) - I cannot steal anything from any of them and talking to them does not forward quest in any way.
    Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    There should be a servant on the first floor.
    I just double checked and there is only Megan and Noblewoman there
    I just double checked and there is only Megan and Noblewoman there

Not sure what could have gone wrong, as she has no special requirements to spawn, so she should be there.

You can force spawn her with this code:

C:CreateCreature("h_cmaidc")
    It seems I am just blind...
    There was one more character on 1st floor of manor all the time... Sorry for confusion...
    It seems I am just blind...
    There was one more character on 1st floor of manor all the time... Sorry for confusion...

All good, glad you figured it out!
    When holding a throwing axe I wasn't able to take out Islay like I can when holding a bow

Is that intended?
  • CrowspearCrowspear Member Posts: 7
    I found Europea and she asked me to bring her to a castle to the North, but there are no castles there?
  • CrowspearCrowspear Member Posts: 7
    Right, Friendly Arm Inn...
    Allbrother wrote: »
    When holding a throwing axe I wasn't able to take out Islay like I can when holding a bow

Is that intended?

It was when I wrote it, yes. It's only possible with a bow or crossbow. But I'm actually not against making more ranged weapons work for it, maybe I'll add them for the next release.
    Crowspear wrote: »
    Right, Friendly Arm Inn...

:p
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    What is the new pickpocketing part of the mod?
    What is the new pickpocketing part of the mod?

It just adds a random treasure to npcs like commoners and nobles to give you more stuff to pick pocket. Commoners having lower tier items/gold and nobles having more valuable things, but nothing too substantial.
  • BananaPanicBananaPanic Member Posts: 2
    Feel like I missed something, but having trouble finding Karp and would love a tip
  • BananaPanicBananaPanic Member Posts: 2
    Scratch that, found out where she should be from another person's playthrough pics, but just not spawning for me. Probably a conflict with another mod or something.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited December 2023
    Possible bug report (for v3.3):
    Guildmaster Baldwin refers to my protagonist as "Mifune" during the attack, even though that's not my protagonist's name:

RfUjOB8.png