Skip to content

An Idiot's guide to modding Baldur's Gate (and other IF Games) on Android Alone.

2»

Comments

• DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 118
    @SE4N Sorry about that.

Was reorganising files and accidentally deleted it from my drive.

Replaced the link.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • J42KJ42K Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2023
    im just want to add some point so it will little bit help

first of all, you MUST say "you NEED Zarchiver"(not optional)because you say "...zip with no compression..." and No compression only on Zarchiver (yeah, im struggling at entering the game because zipping with Winrar and idk there is compressing apps that have no compression feature). it's okay if you using both Winrar and Zarchiver.

secondly, for you play on android 13+ and get "permission denied", try to clear all your termux data(more than that, idk😶)

last, idk it's need it or not, moving override and lang-en_US.zip file only, doesn't make other mods work, you need to moving lang folder too to work properly(idk exactly and i forget the specific mods folder you must move to BG data folder, maybe @Gusinda can help about it)
    edited December 2023
    first of all, you MUST say "you NEED Zarchiver"(not optional)because you say "...zip with no compression..." and No compression only on Zarchiver (yeah, im struggling at entering the game because zipping with Winrar and idk there is compressing apps that have no compression feature). it's okay if you using both Winrar and Zarchiver.

@J42K There are other compressors on android that allow zip no compression.
    I originally was using Zarchiver but after an update I think I can't edit rar file obb without it re-downloading the obb on startup of the game.

Winrar doesn't do that , and allows for Zip, no compression, so You can use that.

I still use Zarchiver though because it's really good for deleting files and searching for files.
    secondly, for you play on android 13+ and get "permission denied", try to clear all your termux data(more than that, idk😶)

Secondly I thought how I explained how to get permissions on Termux , either command or settings, I just bought a new phone with android 13 (Note 20 Ultra) and don't get permission denied.
    last, idk it's need it or not, moving override and lang-en_US.zip file only, doesn't make other mods work, you need to moving lang folder too to work properly(idk exactly and i forget the specific mods folder you must move to BG data folder, maybe @Gusinda can help about it)

If you're moving lang-en_US.zip , you do the centralfix command first but if you Look down in the post I also did an EET android guide as also where I mention to copy the Lang directly into OBB.

I understand I wrote a lot of text and you might be in a rush but please read through the guide properly as I am highlighting things contrary to what you are saying already in the guide.
    And if you rush this you'll just end uo being annoyed because sorting out bugs and wrong files on android alone can be tedious that at that point I just use a laptop.
    edited December 2023
    @J42K I just realised since your on android 13+ ypu might have an issue moving the files to Android /Data.

But you can Still access Android/Data with Material Files which I already mentioned in the guide.

To do so, Just move the files as such:

https://youtube.com/shorts/rQmd75xnzaU?si=FMmpuW3cX7IZtcIY
    Post edited by DraikenWeAre on
  • WalahuWalahu Member Posts: 3
    jddjtut1yzqd.jpg
    Hello! I am wondering what happened here, I followed all the instructions beforehand
    @Walahu Can't tell much since you cropped the image but if successful in seeting up the environment, you don't enter android data before typing weidu.

You just type weidu.
    @Walahu Can't tell much since you cropped the image but if successful in seeting up the environment, you don't enter android data before typing weidu.

You just type weidu.
    sjctbfcx6vnc.jpg
    here is the uncropped image. This may be dumb but what do you mean by android data?
    @Walahu The android data remark doesn't matter, I said it because I thought something else as I couldn't see the full image.

Try kill processs with termux then reopen termux and type weidu .
    unfortunately, it did not work
    edited February 20
    @Walahu I don't know, I think I cane across your issue once but forgot what I did to solve it.

Trying Installing the weidu environment again but type the commands for chmod and installer.sh manually.
    There is an error sometimes where it doesn't read inputs to the end if you copy and padte but will , if you type manually.
  • kolobokking1998kolobokking1998 Member Posts: 2
    @DraikenWeAre hello,I have a problem.

cguaiakhkyol.jpg.Do you have any ideas?
    @kolobokking1998 Sorry for the late reply (really need to check my notification settings.

Main.tpa is a component file for your mod, so the Wild Mage additions Mod (which I also use) is missing some files in it's folder.

Best just re-download the mod.
  • kolobokking1998kolobokking1998 Member Posts: 2
    @DraikenWeAre thanks a lot for solution.
    @kolobokking1998 No Problem.
  • NyborgNyborg Member Posts: 7
    Hi, and first of all, thanks !
    But ihave an issue with termux, i let you see
    :comgau1lqqah.png
    Any idea, please ?
    edited April 18
    @Nyborg something seems wrong somewhere, because the weidu seemed to have installed properly so I'm suprised your getting this.

I would ask if you typed weidu manually ot just copy pasted as though that might seem arbitrary distinction, from my Testing Termux bugs out sometimes between copy/pasted commands and manually typed ones.

Also check the size of your weidu+centralfix.zip that it was 5.24 Mb to make sure it downloaded properly andel wasn't corrupted.

8jdlb8fmconu.jpg
    Yes, the two file are like yours
    rdhqnddps8az.png
    And yes, i typed manually "weidu"....

I'm on an Xperia x on android 8, no root
    If it can help
    @Nyborg The no root doesn't matter as I'm not using a rooted device.
    And the Android 8 means it should be easier for you to mod than myself due to being less restricted.

Try closing termux fully with kill process, opening again and typing weidu.
    m8gbuqfoo4rf.png
    No way
    I will retry at the very start of the process.
    If I want to, i just need to uninstall termux ? Nothing else special to do ?
    @Nyborg honestly I don't know.

I feel maybe you missed somthing or a file is corrupted, if I was there IRL I would just come over and check your stuff but alas no real world Teleportation tech until like 2324 maybe.

Try start again from the install packages part of the guide and move down slowly to see if there's anything off.
    @Nyborg not really uninstall.

Just install the packages again, since those are really what set what you can and can't do.

All the pkg commands.
    @Nyborg Also app permisions, check on that.
    I 'll tell you if it' s ok.
    And again, a big thanks for all the job you do !
    edited April 18
    @Nyborg
    Man you making me blush with the Big thanks.
    I just wanted to help out.

If you need futher help, you can message me directly on Signal Messenger at TheDraiken.01, I'm more responsive on there as it's a direct messenger and if you really enter an issue you can send a screen recording of what happened during the install or whatever.
    Yes, i know about signal, i'll do it but...
    I'm moving my apartment in this days, so I don't have much time to stay focus on modding Baldur's Gate...sadly...

But I will message you when it's done, for sure !
    @Nyborg Cool.