Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• TSHawkTSHawk Member Posts: 67
    One thing I have noticed in the EE version is that just about every humanoid monster shall we say, has a healing potion or extra healing potion on them? I am in the Ice Temple currently and I have gathered about 32 sour draughts, or potions of exta healing!! That is a little overboard I think and doesn't include what I have found in stashes.
    Ok I am not sure what is going on. I put in ctrlaltdelete:CreateItem("00POTN47") according to the list that was given that should be Potion of Master Thievery, however I am getting a dragon belt instead? My rogue is having issues trying to disable the trap to Oria's bedroom and I really don't want to have to get whatever nasty spell it has if it is triggered. And I don't believe Oswald has it either?
    A couple of questions does the Weimer Merchant Mod work with IWD2EE? 2nd I know that the potions got renamed and that Oswald had 2 different ones, one permanently increased STR, CON, and DEX the other increased INT, WIS, and CHA can those be createditems in the console cheat since I lost my chance to purchase them from him?
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 52
    CamDawg has updated mods for Ease of Use, Merchants, and IWD2 NPC Project to work with IWD2EE.

Here is Bonus Merchants

https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/iwd2_bonus_merchant/releases/tag/Test_Build_1_for_v5
    edited December 2023
    Acrux2 wrote: »
    CamDawg has updated mods for Ease of Use, Merchants, and IWD2 NPC Project to work with IWD2EE.

Here is Bonus Merchants

https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/iwd2_bonus_merchant/releases/tag/Test_Build_1_for_v5

Thank you but I run Windows which one do I download? I see a linux and Mac?
    Ok I really need some help, my cleric isn't able to cast 8th level spells and I got him high enough to cast them but it says that he can't and I believe that is because of his Intelligence is a 12, how can I change that in NI?
    Ok I really need some help, my cleric isn't able to cast 8th level spells and I got him high enough to cast them but it says that he can't and I believe that is because of his Intelligence is a 12, how can I change that in NI?
    edited December 2023
    Wisdom is the casting ability score for clerics. To cast 8th level cleric spells, he would need a WIS score of 18 (and 19 for 9th level spells).
    • To change that, you'll need to open a save game in the MPSAVE folder using NI. (Always make a new save for things like this just in case...) It will appear in the dropdown list on the left.
    • Click on the .GAM file.
    • You should see a list of your characters on the right; Select the "View/Edit" button with the character you want to edit highlighted.
    • Once the new window with the character is opened, select the "Edit" tab at the very top.
    • Scroll all the way down to the bottom and double-click the line called "CRE Resource". This should open a new window.
    • In the new window, scoll about halfway down and you'll see line items for all the ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, etc.)
    • Double-click on the line you want to change. It should then have a cursor like a text editor.
    • Change the value to whatever you want and then click out of that line item. (That is important!)
    • You won't see a save dialogue yet. Keep closing windows until you are back the the main NI page with the GAM file selected.
    • Select another item in the list other than that .GAM file. You should get a "Save changes to..." dialogue. Select "Save Changes" and then "Overwrite" in the next dialogue.

At that point, your changes should be saved and you can open that same savegame file within IWD2EE.

Wisdom is the casting ability score for clerics. To cast 8th level cleric spells, he would need a WIS score of 18 (and 19 for 9th level spells).
    • To change that, you'll need to open a save game in the MPSAVE folder using NI. (Always make a new save for things like this just in case...) It will appear in the dropdown list on the left.
    • Click on the .GAM file.
    • You should see a list of your characters on the right; Select the "View/Edit" button with the character you want to edit highlighted.
    • Once the new window with the character is opened, select the "Edit" tab at the very top.
    • Scroll all the way down to the bottom and double-click the line called "CRE Resource". This should open a new window.
    • In the new window, scoll about halfway down and you'll see line items for all the ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, etc.)
    • Double-click on the line you want to change. It should then have a cursor like a text editor.
    • Change the value to whatever you want and then click out of that line item. (That is important!)
    • You won't see a save dialogue yet. Keep closing windows until you are back the the main NI page with the GAM file selected.
    • Select another item in the list other than that .GAM file. You should get a "Save changes to..." dialogue. Select "Save Changes" and then "Overwrite" in the next dialogue.

At that point, your changes should be saved and you can open that same savegame file within IWD2EE.

Thank you for the assist
  • dimasdimas Member Posts: 1
    Thank you! I've always loved Icewind Dale. I plunged in with great pleasure and completed it despite the bugs. I ask your team to make a new original game, I’m sure you will do great!
    Question, how do I use the console cheat ctrlaltdelete:setcurrentxp(#) to an individual character? It only seems to work for the party as whole but not an individual?
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    TSHawk wrote: »
    Question, how do I use the console cheat ctrlaltdelete:setcurrentxp(#) to an individual character? It only seems to work for the party as whole but not an individual?
    For all console stuff, you simply select a character beforehand. Now, I was presuming that command affects only the selected character, but I could be wrong as I have never used it. Maybe it is a party-wide XP gift.
    Baraz wrote: »
    For all console stuff, you simply select a character beforehand. Now, I was presuming that command affects only the selected character, but I could be wrong as I have never used it. Maybe it is a party-wide XP gift.

I know that I have it says party or individual but I have been reluctant to try it.
  • megaman12megaman12 Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2023
    Thank you everyone who enhanced IWD2 and the fans too.
    Post edited by megaman12 on
  • megaman12megaman12 Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2023
    I got it running is the bard suppose to start without spells? I am part of the Ladys Lament group

Post edited by megaman12 on

I know that I have it says party or individual but I have been reluctant to try it.

Eh, as long as you do not save, there is zero consequence. But just ignore it and play the game.

Here is Bonus Merchants

Thank you but I run Windows which one do I download? I see a linux and Mac?

I need to get this question answered please in the quotes?
    There's also the .exe listed...

If you don't want to run it as an executable, you can unzip the file and extract it to the game folder like other Weidu mods.

Also, and I mean this kindly, might I suggest that you be a little more experimental when trying to figure things out with mods? This is already a step beyond the "download and run" experience for most games. Especially if you are using more than one mod at a time you can run into compatibility problems and it would be in your best interest to understand how these work.
    There's also the .exe listed...

If you don't want to run it as an executable, you can unzip the file and extract it to the game folder like other Weidu mods.

Also, and I mean this kindly, might I suggest that you be a little more experimental when trying to figure things out with mods? This is already a step beyond the "download and run" experience for most games. Especially if you are using more than one mod at a time you can run into compatibility problems and it would be in your best interest to understand how these work.

I appreciate it Acrux. No offense taken and I thank you for the advice
  • MerlkirMerlkir Member Posts: 3
    I see the mod's been updated (from 3.2.1 to 3.2.4 ?) - are there instructions on how to update my installation? Is that even possible while keeping a current save/playthrough?
    Yes, it's absolutely possible to update a current game. I would recommend making a note of your Weidu log to see which components you installed and then follow the directions from the Discord FAQ.

Q: When a new update is released, how do I install the updated version when I already have an old version of the mod installed?
    A: Do these steps in this order:
    1. Uninstall the old version of the mod (with setup-IWD2EE.exe).
    2. Delete the folder called "iwd2ee" from your Icewind Dale 2 folder (make SURE you uninstall IWD2EE BEFORE you do this).
    3. Download the new version into your Icewind Dale 2 folder.
    4. Install the new version of the mod.

You do NOT need to uninstall the entire game; just uninstall the mod
  • The_Dusk_OneThe_Dusk_One Member Posts: 1
    Hello thanks for all the hard work you have done but I am having a problem getting the game to start it comes up with this9828e5077vq8.png
  • paladin84paladin84 Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2023
    Hi, I installed IWD2NPC and IWD2EE after it. During the character creation the game crashes:
    wxcrw000w4tc.jpg

Can it be because I run the old exe file?
    edited December 2023
    You need to use the .exe for IWD2EE, NOT IWD2. Also, according to the discord, there's a bug in the newest version of the compatibilty patch, so IWD2 NPC probably won't work correctly without it.
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    xd34xaewyqmq.png

any1 had such a problem?
    Question is there anyway to remove permanently the MPsaves that are old?

In-game, when you click on Save, there is an option to delete any save, and that is permanent.
    Maybe I do not understand your question.

In-game, when you click on Save, there is an option to delete any save, and that is permanent.
    Maybe I do not understand your question.

Before I load my game I have to delete most of the old saves. I only keep the ones that are about a week old. The others from a month ago I delete, however this is getting sad that I have to delete them every single time. I have tried placing them in my recycle bin, I have gone into the actual folder and still they keep coming back. I want to get rid of them permanently
    Do you have GOG (or some other) cloud save on by chance? That used to happen to me until I turned it off.