Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    For this mod, the base game afaik is IWD2, not IWD:EE, right?

In any case, if Beamdog show any interest, you people could sell the work to them, so they can release this as a DLC for IWD:EE, using the same system of SoD or Black Pits to change between the games.
  • SerigothSerigoth Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2023
    Hello, awesome job on the EE! Do have a question however, When once downloaded, (i have) do i just extract the files into the iwd2 folder? Actually i just did that, SO do i run the compatability patch first then iwdee setup or the other way around??
    - Thanks-
    UPDATE : Nevermind... I found out my answer ;) Installing now. Can't wait, I love the Icewind Dales
    Post edited by Serigoth on
  • HMFHMF Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2023
    Hello guys, first of all thank you for this great work!!!

I have a question: are the mods for IWD2 such as (Tweaks Anthology, cdtweaks, Weimer-Merchant, iwd2 fixpack, 1pp, Light of Selune, IWD2Tweaks Pack, Undead Targos, ect...) also compatible with IWD2EE? Is it recommended to use such mods with IWD2EE? Or it is better to play IWD2EE only with Iwd2 Vanilla?

- GUI Fix: it works with IWD2EE.
    Post edited by HMF on
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 52
    CamDawg has updated Ease of Use, Bonus Merchant, and IWD2 NPC to improve compatability with IWD2EE. Tweaks Anthology (aka cd tweaks) is also compatible.

Please note that the current compatibility patch that comes with IWD2EE, and is required for using mods alongside it, has a bug that should be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, you can use the compatibility patch included in a previous release as a workaround.

https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/iwd2_ease_of_use/releases/tag/Test_Build_1_for_v16

https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/iwd2_bonus_merchant/releases/tag/Test_Build_1_for_v5

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/IWD2_NPC_Project/releases/tag/Test_Build_1_for_v7
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Not only Monk class has been redone for the better but finally the weapon finesse affects Fists. The monk class is finally useful. Well done.
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    It is great to replay the game, such a good holiday experience. Thanks.

Is it possible to play the game in window mode? I have tried to simply change it in the configuration option and choose a lower resolution, but it gives a black full screen.
    Thanks!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Just learned that this was released. Just popping by to say congratulations on all your hard work on this!
  • Nibor_ScotNibor_Scot Member Posts: 26
    Wonderful and fantastic Work after waiting years, i am proud that i never lost my Original CD Game...my next Game after ending Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor...and now also my list of Enhanced Edition Games ist complete :D
  • deventor777deventor777 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings! I can't add a Vrek to the group. Please tell me what are the conditions for a positive dialogue with him? No matter what I do, no matter what characters I take, the troll only attacks after dialogue. At the same time, Veira joined without any problems.
  • anthraxusanthraxus Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2023
    If I'm reinstalling the newest version, do I also need to re-run the mod compatibility patch again if I have other mods ?

And also, is the improved initiative feat that was always broken fixed with the EE ? I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that it was and started giving it to party members.
    Post edited by anthraxus on
  • BenofAvalonBenofAvalon Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the release, guys! :)

I just started a new playthrough of IWDEE I, so I'm looking forward to continue my journey after that with this release <3
  • GelsominoGelsomino Member Posts: 15
    can you please add automatic installation option? It is asking a lot of questions during installation and I am not sure what to choose.
  • Nibor_ScotNibor_Scot Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2
    @OlvynChuru ...great Work here...i have a question, since the Release in November last Year from the Game there are some Updates...but i see it only through the Edit of the first entry here and i not see what is updated...is it possible to notice this in this Forum? ...Thanks for all
  • Meph1kMeph1k Member Posts: 1
    Hey!

First of all many thanks for doing this outstanding work. This is one of the games that I've been periodically playing since my childhood and have so many good memories with it.

I'd like to ask if you're planning to do any localizations? I am Polish and I'd be honored to translate this game into Polish for free :)
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thank you for making this and just finished two IWD2 runs (HoF) but HAVE to try this once done my next BG2 mod run!!
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    Will the multiplayer ever function properly at some point? Would love to play this with my cousin as we've played all the other games together. Regardless, thanks for making this mod!
  • AlterparAlterpar Member Posts: 6
    edited January 31
    I've used Soul Bind to successfully generate soul bound gems. However, when I use the gem, I'm only given options to release the soul or charge an item. Nothing about increasing a stat. Am I missing something?

I'm on version 3.2.5 and have no other mods installed.

Edit - I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but I was able to use the gems without issue recently. I could use them after resting. I think it wasn't working while my stats were buffed from spells.
    Post edited by Alterpar on
  • ElhanElhan Member Posts: 1
    Since this doesn't work with multiplayer, any clues on how to reform my party? I made a serious mistake when creating one of my party members and I would like to either change his attributes or replace him.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited January 28
    oh wow I just was talking about this in my own topic! its finally released! Congrats and thank you for reviving this scarred chapter of the series!

Also I have a few questions, during your time opening up the game did you find any other unused content aside from the spells that have been re-implemented? Also what are your thoughts on these unused spells being not being used in the final version of the game originally if you can take a guess?
  • nXcnXc Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to remove ECL XP penalties for subraces from the following component using Near Infinity :

"Revise racial level adjustment/ECL"

I'm having some troubles with finding the associated 2DA file. Any idea which file it is ?
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    where do i get invisibility potions to use at the horde fortress ? cannot find them in Oswald's inventory.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 531
    In case it completely slipped anyone else's attention: Apparently they somehow got Josh Sawyer (the original dev) to play through the EE mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3hiC3GinQQ

Interesting design commentary for sure. I wonder whether he played through the rest of it too.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,034
    edited February 12
    Thanks for sharing this @Isewein, I enjoyed it.
  • KornKnight88KornKnight88 Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting frustrated, and I need help. I followed the instructions, and I didn't see "IWD2EE.exe" anywhere. I wish their was a detailed step by step guide, or a YouTube tutorial on how to do this properly. I really want to play this game.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    i've got to the ice temple, and can't manage to injure Beodaewn. Anyone have any idea? only silver weapon is Emma's moonblade but he heals too quickly
  • TurkeysandwichTurkeysandwich Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    Would somebody able to tell me how to recruit Xhaan, and Zack Boosenburry? I was able to get Reid and Veira, but for the others I do not have any option to even remotely suggest to them that their life would be so much better had they joined my party. My main has high Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidate, True Neutral alignment and he is a rogue/ranger. Do Xhaan and Zack require specific alignments/skills/etc? Of course, their quest have been completed. Xhaan just teleports away, Zack just sits there with his stupid spider staring like an idiot.
    Thanks for the help!
  • NickyNicky Member Posts: 1
    Hey, it's awesome to see that people care about the IWD series as much as I do! Thank you for all your hard work at creating this.

I'm having trouble getting this to work and I'm hoping someone might be able to lend some advice. I have a fresh install of IWD2. I extracted everything from the IWD2EE zip into the IWD2 folder. I get the following error while trying to run the setup.

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II\Setup-iwd2ee.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    WARNING: unable to open log file [SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG]: Sys_error("SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG: Permission denied")[.\CHITIN.KEY] 133 BIFFs, 25819 resources
    [.\dialog.tlk] 41412 string entries
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 16 top-level TRA files
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/setup.tra] has 96 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/class_revisions.tra] has 553 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/loose_alignment.tra] has 0 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/spell_revise.tra] has 1212 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/spell_focus.tra] has 8 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/item_revisions.tra] has 1741 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/creature_rebalancing.tra] has 143 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/faster_areas.tra] has 8 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/z_concoct_potions.tra] has 181 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/npc_core.tra] has 2155 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/revised_battle_square.tra] has 0 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/lua.tra] has 338 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/racial_enemies.tra] has 30 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/misc.tra] has 22 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/more_persuasion_options.tra] has 500 translation strings
    [iwd2ee/tra/English/new_strings_after_release.tra] has 133 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

I'm kind of lost when it comes to this. My computer skills are very limited. I downloaded WEIDU and put it in my IWD2 folder as well. I'm not sure what to do. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!
  • Madam_IckiewiczMadam_Ickiewicz Member Posts: 1
    edited February 21
    /
    Post edited by Madam_Ickiewicz on
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited February 22
    Nicky wrote: »
    Hey, it's awesome to see that people care about the IWD series as much as I do! Thank you for all your hard work at creating this.

I'm having trouble getting this to work and I'm hoping someone might be able to lend some advice. I have a fresh install of IWD2. I extracted everything from the IWD2EE zip into the IWD2 folder. I get the following error while trying to run the setup.

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II\Setup-iwd2ee.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    WARNING: unable to open log file [SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG]: Sys_error("SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG: Permission denied")
    [ truncated by hand to shorten the response ]

I'm kind of lost when it comes to this. My computer skills are very limited. I downloaded WEIDU and put it in my IWD2 folder as well. I'm not sure what to do. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

When you unzipped and extracted the EE stuff in the game's folder (Icewind Dale 2), what you should see is :
    * folder called IWD2EE (path ...\Icewind Dale 2\iwd2ee)
    * second folder called iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch
    * Setup-iwd2ee.exe
    * Setup-iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch.exe
    * and of course all the folders and files from the original game.

Also, if you have ddrawfix installed, run setup-ddrawfix.exe and select Uninstall. Download and extract cnc-ddraw.zip instead [ https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/cnc-ddraw/releases/latest ].

For more expert assistance from the friendly devs, use the Discord dedicated for this mod.
  • greynoah1607greynoah1607 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for your hard work! <3:)