Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• binfbinf Member Posts: 3
    edited March 10
    What about the Augment Summoning ability, does it affect skeletons summoned by a cleric at the third tier with the Animate Deth spell?

upd - works, but Animate Death was nerfed.
    Post edited by binf on
  • kensaikokensaiko Member Posts: 1
    edited March 14
    Hello!
    First of all, congratulations for such an amazing work. To be honest I think that this mod is seriously underestimated, and your team did great job!
    Second, may I suggest a few spells and feats to implement, or development of mod is finished?
    Third your team mentioned new opcodes, where can i read their descriptions?
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 52
    kensaiko wrote: »
    Hello!
    First of all, congratulations for such an amazing work. To be honest I think that this mod is seriously underestimated, and your team did great job!
    Second, may I suggest a few spells and feats to implement, or development of mod is finished?
    Third your team mentioned new opcodes, where can i read their descriptions?

You may want to join the Discord group if you haven't already. It is very active and the modding team regularly answers questions like this. (And has a space for suggestions!)
  • Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    Can I use other mods alongside this one though? Mainly IWD2 Fixpack and CD Tweaks're all I'm interested in honestly. Though that begs the question, any other compatible/incompatible mods I oughta know about? This's so cool [IWD2EE I mean].
    Is that Almateria's fixpack? Then yes. Tweaks Anthology (CD Tweaks), IWD2 NPCs, and Weimar's Ease of Use, and Bonus Merchants have all been updated to work with the mod.

There's a section in the readme about which other mods are compatible and which are not. You'll need to use the included compatibility patch after installing any mods, though.
    Nice. Thank you. I'm assuming IWD2EE first, then compatible mods, then compatibility patch in terms of install order? Sorry if it's a loaded question, trying to figure it out, that's all.
    Yes. I definitely recommend you check the readme - it's all in there! :)
    Will do mate. Thanks again. Very helpful.
  • andieandie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 23
    Howdy. Thank you very much for all your work! It is awesome. I'm enjoying this EE a lot now.

I wanted to report what I think is a bug. Two, actually. First, the perk Toughness only added 3 hp + 1 hp for each level already attained, but did not grant any additional hp for the subsequent levels for me, despite the perk description.

Another one is that in Chapter One, in the Horde Fortress Interior, the jailkeeper does not have a key to Braston's cell.

I searched the whole fortress and did not find the key, then found an online walkthrough saying the jailkeeper should have it, then loaded an older save from before I entered the fortress interior and killed the jailkeeper again, and he still didn't have the key. I had to use a combination of Dimension Door and Simple Summoning spells to get into Braston's cell and get him out of there, so it's not critical if you think of this combination, but still.

I think I installed all the optional components proposed during the EE installation.
    Post edited by andie on
  • gentlebimgentlebim Member Posts: 18
    Freaking LOVING this EE version of IWD 2 SO MUCH! I have one question. Has anyone else encountered enemies that have a seemingly endless pool of HP? Had to CTRL+Y the troll to get the moonblade, and I've had to CTRL+Y a couple of worg riders while making my way to the stronghold.
    I have ZERO problem having to do this from time to time, as this is everything I could have wanted in an IWD2 EE official release, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered that.
  • Nibor_ScotNibor_Scot Member Posts: 25
    edited April 1
    Hello, thanks for this fantastic work, i have question for some quest, i played the game at last 10 years ago, then i found this site for the enhanced edition an i wait for it and now it is possible to play...now i found the quest list of weimer, also great work...there are some points in this list i want to ask about help or somebody knows something about it:

1) [20DERETH.DLG] Dereth Springsong - You told Dereth Springsong of the destruction of the dam. 375
    2) [20KAITLN.DLG] Kaitlin Silvertongue - You asked Emma Moonblade to summon the Druid of Shaengarne. 450
    3) [40ILIUM.DLG] Illium Ar'Ghrenoir - You killed Goublika for Illium Ar'Ghrenoir. 1900
    - You browbeat Goublika for Illium Ar'Ghrenoir. 2850
    - You convinced Illium Ar'Ghrenoir not to launch an attack on Goublika. 4275
    - 4) [40GBLKA.DLG] Goublika - You told Goublika about Sherincal
    You paid Goublika to keep his fomorian giants from attacking. 1900
    You browbeat Goublika into keeping his fomorian giants from attacking Captain Yurst. 2850
    5) [40TRAPL3.BCS] Crash Site 40TRAPL3 - You removed a trap that was placed here. 900
    You removed one of the traps set by the Aurilite rangers. 900

Are these options some special Class/Race/Skill Banter in this game like in Icewind Dale 1...some quest options i found out, but these are new for me and for me is very interesting how to get these options, thanks for your Help :)

Danke für eure Hilfe und Antworten :)

PS: When there is another thread to ask my question send it to me here, thank you so much...and sorry for my English
    Post edited by Nibor_Scot on
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I haven't posted on these forums in foreverrrr but I'm finally getting around to playing the last infinity engine game I never finished, Icewind Dale 2 and found saw this and so far I LOVE the class and feat changes, pretty much fixes everything I'm bleh about in 3e.

Good work and thank you for everything!
  • paladin84paladin84 Member Posts: 55
    Hi, we translated the mod into Russian, can you accept the pull request (https://github.com/RedChimera/IWD2EE/pull/116), please?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,029
    I would like to shout out to @OlvynChuru (and whomever else that worked on this that I am not aware of) how great this is and how much the work and efforts are appreciated by me and I can assume by the entire community. This has been awaited by many for a long time. Thank you!
    edited April 1
    Hello, after the first question about the quests above, the question would be whether the Enhanced Edition is compatible with the BG-BPT world map, in a photo from the Internet you can find the locations from the second part graphically improved? Thanks for your help and answers :)
    Post edited by Nibor_Scot on
  • DarthNihilus530DarthNihilus530 Member Posts: 15
    Could someone tell me if it's possible to play with Isair and Madae's skin using Eekeeper? If So, COuld you please send me their files? I really want to play BG2 with their skin
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited April 5
    New important update, v. 3.3.0 (5th April 2024) :
    I highly recommend this new version. Here are a few examples of the fixes!
    • Fixed a vanilla bug where Auto-Pause on Spell Cast could mess with spell probabilities (Bubb).
    • Buying an unidentified item won't crash the game (Bubb).
    • Monk fist progression has been somewhat quickened, so that they get +1 fists at level 5, and an additional +1 every 3 levels thereafter, up to +5 fists at level 17.
    • Lawful-aligned weapons now bypass the damage reduction of demons, and chaotic-aligned weapons now bypass the damage reduction of devils and devas.
    • It is now significantly less likely for a Glabrezu or Cornugon to spawn at low ranks in the Battle Square.
    • The Toughness feat should work correctly.
    • Multiple instances of Doom no longer stack, but the casting time of Doom has been reduced and it now lasts 1 minute/level like in PnP.
    • Darkness now correctly applies an attack penalty to darkvision races.
    • (etc. Full changelog is in a Discord channel.

How to update properly (important) : do these steps in this order :
    1. Uninstall the old version of the mod by running setup-IWD2EE.exe
    2. Delete the folder called "iwd2ee" and "iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch" from your Icewind Dale 2 folder (make SURE you uninstall IWD2EE BEFORE you do this).
    3. Download the new version (first page of this thread) and extract or unzip into your Icewind Dale 2 folder.
    4. Install the new version of the mod.

Ps: the above comes from the Discord FAQ. I am not a dev nor member of the team. I slightly improved the updating instructions.
    Post edited by Baraz on
    edited April 6
    Hello @Baraz ...do I have to start a new game for the new update or will it be integrated into a guided game? Thanks for the answer and help
    You can do an in-place update, but you must follow the specific instructions:

Q: When a new update is released, how do I install the updated version when I already have an old version of the mod installed?
    A: Do these steps in this order:
    1. Uninstall the old version of the mod (with setup-IWD2EE.exe).
    2. Delete the folder called "iwd2ee" from your Icewind Dale 2 folder (make SURE you uninstall IWD2EE BEFORE you do this).
    3. Download the new version into your Icewind Dale 2 folder.

You do NOT need to uninstall the entire game; just uninstall the mod.

Q: When a new update is released, how do I install the updated version when I already have an old version of the mod installed?
    2. Delete the folder called "iwd2ee" from your Icewind Dale 2 folder (make SURE you uninstall IWD2EE BEFORE you do this).

Hello @Acrux2...thanks for the info...when I run the setup-iwd2ee.exe I have three options: 1 - Install them...2 - Skip them...3 - Ask them...there is unfortunately no uninstall option...thanks :smile:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I just finished Icewind Dale 2 for the first time using the mod and ADORED IT. This was the very last infinity engine game I had yet to beat since I started with Baldur's Gate: EE back in like 2013. Sort of feels kind of sad to finally have finished all the infinity engine games now. I use to be very active on these forums years back when BG2:EE, IWD:EE, and PST:EE were all coming out so feels good to sort of have closure on the series.

Thank you for all the hard work and I'll certainly replay the game in the future with this mod.
    Nibor_Scot wrote: »
    Hello @Acrux2...thanks for the info...when I run the setup-iwd2ee.exe I have three options: 1 - Install them...2 - Skip them...3 - Ask them...there is unfortunately no uninstall option...thanks :smile:

If you have any components installed, you should get two different options. The ability to delete components will be in the second one. See below: Screenshot-2024-04-06-205556.png
    Hallo, danke für diese Info @Acrux2 🙂...aber was ist dann der Unterschied zwischen Reinstallieren und Deinstallieren und der Neuinstallation...und gleich mal die Frage hier dazu: muss das bei jedem Mod mit neuer Version oder Update auch bei anderen Spielen wie BGEE oder BG2EE so gemacht werden damit die Neuerungen gelten? :o
    edited April 7
    Uninstall/reinstall of IWD2EE allows you to continue with an existing save. A new installation would require a new game. Of couse, if you don't mind starting over you can just reinstall the base game of IWD2.

The difference between updates for IWD2EE and BGEE or BG2EE is that IWD2EE is a mod (a fan project, not created by Beamdog) and so doesn't have the same access to game files to make in-place updates to the game as the previous did.
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited April 8
    Acrux2 wrote: »
    Nibor_Scot wrote: »

If you have any components installed, you should get two different options. The ability to delete components will be in the second one. See below: Screenshot-2024-04-06-205556.png

This. It is a bit confusing or misleading the first time you want to uninstall the mod components (Skip the components NOT yet installed, but Uninstall the components that were installed).

Once you have uninstalled the mod components you had chosen, and re-installed the mod as before (new version), it will be 100% compatible with your current save.

Nb: If you change your choice of components, I am not 100% certain how your save will adjust, but some components are superficial and can be changed.
    Post edited by Baraz on
    Hello, thanks for the Info @Acrux2 and @Baraz ...i will try it next :)
    Hallo, hätte gleich noch eine Frage an @Acrux2
    und @Baraz...kennt ihr Tipps oder Hinweise auf Quest die ich in der Liste von Westley Weimer gefunden und hier ein paar Einträge oberhalb angegeben habe? Danke für eure Hilfe
    That list of quests from Westley includes some that were removed from the final version of the game.

However, the component of IWD2EE that adds more persuasion options has some similar quests, specifically I'm thinking of interacting with Guthma. But, my knowledge on that is limited. If you want to know more, you could join the Discord group and ask the mod developers there.