Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Does anyone know if this mod is compatible with some of IWD2 mods such as Almateria's Fixpack, Ease of Use or IWD2 NPCs?
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    Yes, the readme tells which mods are compatible; you'll need to run the included compatibility patch. Almateria's isn't specifically called out. I used it during the beta sometimes, but there are some overlapping changes. I wouldn't use the spells in it.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    edited November 2023
    Had a few crashes at the start unfortunately, first one seemed random, so loaded back, second one happens every time you ask Swift Thomas to take you to the docks after speaking to Olap. edit: I also get it when i right click inventory, so something obv not installed right on mine, will try to reinstall.

edit2: figures out the cause - it was the resolution I chose to play, I tried a lower res as I like the look of it, but that's what crashed the game, some kind of video file that wasn't happy with the res.

I've noticed if you leave the game running (paused), and come back to it, there's no sound - after a short while of no sound it crashes with no crash report, just disappears bk to desktop.
    Post edited by fluke13 on
  • LemminkainenLemminkainen Member Posts: 9
    Loving this mod and the excellent changes and expansions to play its made possible. One thing I'm confused about. Do enemies in IWD2 already get Attacks of Opportunity? I trying to decide whether or not to install that component based on whether or not enemies also have this capability, to keep it fair.
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2023
    Loving this mod and the excellent changes and expansions to play its made possible. One thing I'm confused about. Do enemies in IWD2 already get Attacks of Opportunity? I trying to decide whether or not to install that component based on whether or not enemies also have this capability, to keep it fair.
    No. There are no AoO by default.

In IWD2EE (not vanilla), there is the Combat Reflexes Feat, even if you do not install the AoO optional mod. So some characters can get AoO.

I chose not to use "Everyone gets AoO" because the AI was not designed for it and because the game can be hard enough. For example, archers have -8 to hit if they are in melee and if they stick to ranged weapons (they usually switch to a melee weapon). Casters can be interrupted when hit, so extra AoO in addition becomes a bit wild. But some of my heroes have Combat Reflexes (which I think is sort of fair considering it requires a Feat).
    Post edited by Baraz on
  • AndyJohnWayneAndyJohnWayne Member Posts: 1
    I get this error while trying to install with my original discs copy of the game:

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [IWD2EE/IWD2EE.TP2]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: Permission denied")

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: Permission denied")
  • LemminkainenLemminkainen Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2023
    Baraz wrote: »
    No. There are no AoO by default.

In IWD2EE (not vanilla), there is the Combat Reflexes Feat, even if you do not install the AoO optional mod. So some characters can get AoO.

I chose to not to use "Everyone gets AoO" because the AI was not designed for it and because the game can be hard enough. For example, archers have -8 to hit if they are in melee and if they stick to ranged weapons (they usually switch to a melee weapon). Casters can be interrupted when hit, so extra AoO in addition becomes a bit wild. But some of my heroes have Combat Reflexes (which I think is sort of fair considering it requires a Feat).

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Currently playing at Normal difficulty if I find it too easy I might switch to hard or even dabble in the Heart of Fury mode with the changes offered in IWDEE.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    kiko wrote: »
    OlvynChuru

translate.google:

thanks for the mod

For the spell "Mantle" does the WIZARD METAMAGIC, EXTEND SPELL work?
    I see the cost of the spell slot one level higher, but I don’t notice the doubling of the duration.

Extend Spell cannot extend spells with a base duration of less than five rounds.
    tyy wrote: »
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    tyy wrote: »
    I get this error while trying to install on the GOG copy of the game:

ERROR: Sys_error("override/IEex_WEIDU.lua: Permission denied")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG and look for support at: Red Chimera

Try running Setup-iwd2ee.exe as administrator?

Ran the exe as admin, but cannot install Spell Revisions, Item Revisions, and Creature Revisions due to errors

You probably need to edit the permissions in your folder.

Right-click while in your folder, select Properties, then select the Security tab, and click the Edit button. Select "Full control" for "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES".

After you do this, you should also probably uninstall any IWD2EE components you have installed before re-installing IWD2EE. The components of IWD2EE are not meant to be installed in a different order than they appear in the installation.
  • kikokiko Member Posts: 6
    OlvynChuru

translate.google:

thanks for the mod

For the spell "Mantle" does the WIZARD METAMAGIC, EXTEND SPELL work?
    I see the cost of the spell slot one level higher, but I don’t notice the doubling of the duration.

Extend Spell cannot extend spells with a base duration of less than five rounds.

Thank you. :)
    I already read the description in the game.
    (in the first post of this topic in "Here's a list of the new feats added by IWD2EE:" "Extend Spell" this information is not written)

• DanurdenDanurden Member Posts: 4
    Hi, upon installing the mod, all the characters sounds are muted. Any help? (when selecting them, giving task, attacking :( )
  • DanurdenDanurden Member Posts: 4
    I have a Polish language version from GoG.
  • AlmostdeadAlmostdead Member Posts: 5
    Great work thank you
    edited November 2023
    hi all.
    I have a gaming question...
    I myself only played NWN...and waited for this mod to play Icewind Dale 2 with the modern level of game development.
    Question:
    in NWN at the 2nd level of the spell there is "Death armor" + “Ghostly Form” (absorb 5/+1).
    What is the ability in this game to use "Death armor" at this character level?
    hi all.
    I myself only played NWN...and waited for this mod to play Icewind Dale 2 with the modern level of game development.
    Question:
    in NWN at the 2nd level of the spell there is "Death armor" + “Ghostly Form” (absorb 5/+1).

Death Armor is a 2nd-level spell in IWD2 as well.
  • PietroskijPietroskij Member Posts: 4
    Good work guys!!! Will try it tomorrow.
  • Wiborg1978Wiborg1978 Member Posts: 5
    If i use this mod on a German Release of ID II will the text remain in German?
    I know that the changed or new edited stuff will be in English but i'm curious about the rest.
    hi all.
    Question:

Perhaps Googletranslate did not translate correctly what I wanted to ask:
    yes, Death Armor is a 2nd-level spell in IWD2... but how to use it in "Icewind dale 2"? In NWN at 2nd-level there is also a protection spell (absorb 5/+1), thanks to which the wizard can survive while using Death Armor.

edited November 2023
    hi all.
    Question:

yes, Death Armor is a 2nd-level spell in IWD2... but how to use it in "Icewind dale 2"? In NWN at 2nd-level there is also a protection spell (absorb 5/+1), thanks to which the wizard can survive while using Death Armor.

Are you sure that "Ghostly Form" spell isn't from a mod? I've played Neverwinter Nights a lot (with both SoU and HotU installed) and I do not remember there being a Ghostly Form spell at level 2.

In any case, IWD2 does have spells that can protect a wizard from attacks, such as Mirror Image and Stoneskin.
    Wiborg1978 wrote: »
    If i use this mod on a German Release of ID II will the text remain in German?
    I know that the changed or new edited stuff will be in English but i'm curious about the rest.

Any text that has not been changed by IWD2EE should appear in the language chosen for the base game.
    hi all.
    Question:

Are you sure that "Ghostly Form" spell isn't from a mod? I've played Neverwinter Nights a lot (with both SoU and HotU installed) and I do not remember there being a Ghostly Form spell at level 2.

In any case, IWD2 does have spells that can protect a wizard from attacks, such as Mirror Image and Stoneskin.

Ghostly Visage [ Illusion ]
    Wizard 2, Sorcerer 2, Bard 2

Is Mirror Image capable of working effectively for Death Armor?
    Stoneskin is really what you need for a 4nd-level spell. But could you add a similar spell to the 2nd-level?

Mirror Image is very good in IWD2.
  • madmad Member Posts: 4
    What a great job! Thank you. But please tell me, will multi-player work in some time? Or it's abandoned?

thanks for answers.
    I'm just an amateur and you clearly understand the game much more than me...
    I really like "Mirror Image" too. But "Death Armor" only works against melee attacks... and "Mirror Image" is is also damaged by ranged attacks and magic. "Ghostly Visage" from NVN has no... "health", only duration time. This is exactly the kind of spell I would like :) in this game.
  • Josephina124Josephina124 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    Thank you guys for all the work u have done, i just have one question, How can i make my UI fit my whole screen, its currently just half of it, i cant read text, i cant see buttons, it is just too small. The pictures u guys posted look amazing but in my game UI is only half of the screen and dialog is really hard to read.
    Is there some settings i need to adjust, what resolution i need to select when launching the game, fullscreen or not. Hope i can get some help.
    I have the gog version.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 883
    I asked this a while ago but I couldn't find the answer (sorry if I missed it): will a mac version of IWD2EE be available at some point?
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2023
    Thank you guys for all the work u have done, i just have one question, How can i make my UI fit my whole screen, its currently just half of it, i cant read text, i cant see buttons, it is just too small. The pictures u guys posted look amazing but in my game UI is only half of the screen and dialog is really hard to read.
    Is there some settings i need to adjust, what resolution i need to select when launching the game, fullscreen or not. Hope i can get some help.
    I have the gog version.

I don't think the UI scales and the game is originally 800x600. Many players use the 16:9 resolutions :
    1366x768 (Decent visual quality ; view is large enough)
    1280x720 (Decent quality, but closer view [maybe more immersive], so you do not see as far)

I use fullscreen on a 1080 screen. Have not tried the windowed option.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    I have found Caernach's Sickle +1 to be quite buggy, often it makes a Goodberry appear in the intended slot, and it works sometimes, othertimes it's completely unresponsive.

Given I have some experience now with Nearinfinity I reverted the behaviour to the original spell-from-item and will just continue from that, but so far that's the one bug I've come across.
  • KangaxxchanKangaxxchan Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know why Vrek Vileclaw is hostile from the beginning after entering the cave? I really wanted him to join my party but when i enter the cave and start clearing enemies he's here hostile after a minute or so. I tried to use invisibility before entering the cave and going to him directly without attacking anything, but he's standing with hostile red circle. I was watching ID2 EE playthrough few days ago and the guy in the video could talk to Vrek normally.
  • ArkandosArkandos Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2023
    What happens if you try to play this mod in multiplayer? What are the issues?
    Edit: It appears the dialogue is not at the bottom of the screen like it should be, instead attached to the side.
    xy3xgxlgn9ay.png
    Post edited by Arkandos on