Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• KoDuKoDu Member Posts: 10
    Guys, can I install this with russian localization?will it work?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    @KoDu
    KoDu wrote: »
    Guys, can I install this with russian localization?will it work?

You could, though the new text added by IWD2EE has not been translated into Russian.
  • someguy8433someguy8433 Member Posts: 1
    Hi this is my first post here, just trying to get IWD2EE working. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong as far as getting the resolution settings right. I'm using the GOG version and only read after I installed IWD2EE that I had to run setup-ddrawfix.exe and uninstall it to avoid problems. So I uninstalled IWD2EE and then ran setup-ddrawfix.exe, but it acted like there was nothing to uninstall. So, separately, I had it install each of its two options and then uninstalled each one. Then I reinstalled IWD2EE. But I'm getting the same results. Basically what happens is if I try resolutions high enough, the in-game screen doesn't fit my monitor, I can't pan the camera by pushing my mouse against the edges of the screen, and also, for some weird reason, the higher the resolution I set, the less I can hear the sounds of weapons hitting enemies when my party attacks them. If I'm at res 4K or higher, I basically can't hear weapons sounds at all. 1920x1080 seems to work fairly well but the sound problem is kind of apparent even on that. Since I'm using a 4K monitor even 1080p is a bit of a mess. Is this how it's supposed to work or is something not right with what I've done? Like I said setup-ddrawfix.exe isn't recognizing anything to uninstall so I think I uninstalled what I was supposed to to let IWD2EE's own ddraw fix work.
  • LionheartLionheart Member Posts: 1
    Is possible to use Autoroller mod in this EE version. I tried to use this which I used playing IWD1 and is doesn't work. I had this kind of error:
    rzwokpmebj8z.jpg

• rsilversidersilverside Member Posts: 9
    kimmuryiel wrote: »
    I love how missing sourcecode is really more of a hurdle for modders 😆 (nothing against Beamdog!)

Does the NPC project work with this? 🥺

Beamdog didn't make this game. Black Isle Studios did. Studio was shut down and with exactly the same people, the built a new studio called Obsidian Entertainement. Beambog was only a publisher.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 429
    kimmuryiel wrote: »
    I love how missing sourcecode is really more of a hurdle for modders 😆 (nothing against Beamdog!)

Does the NPC project work with this? 🥺

Beamdog didn't make this game. Black Isle Studios did. Studio was shut down and with exactly the same people, the built a new studio called Obsidian Entertainement. Beambog was only a publisher.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this post. :o
  • pmarszal1987pmarszal1987 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,after sucessfully installation of IDEE2 mod and click IDEE2.exe nothing happens.
    There is any solutions to solve this problem?
    I play on polish version and windows 10.
  • paladin84paladin84 Member Posts: 55
    Do you know how difficult it would be to impove IWD2NPC using IWD2EE new NPC possibilities? As far as I know there are some limitations of the original IWD2 engine that it is not possible to add NPCs in the same manner as in Baldur's Gate series (through the dialog), so you have to create the whole party from the beginning. It is obviously not the case for IWD2EE.
    Ideally, such an improvement would be to make all the NPCs from IWD2NPC appear somewhere as joinable NPCs (eg at the Wicked Wench), so you can fire and hire them before leaving Targos. I know, that IWD2NPC is compatible with IWD2NPC (as it is now), but having them as a joinable NPCs would be so much better.
  • bzmbzm Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2023
    Is there a way to run without cd/dvd/iso? ;P

IWD2EE works, but without a disc/iso inserted, it screams for a drive at start.
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 52
    bzm wrote: »
    Is there a way to run without cd/dvd/iso? ;P

IWD2EE works, but without a disc/iso inserted, it screams for a drive at start.

Buy the GOG version if you want no disk required. They aren't going to crack it for this mod.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Nice to see it finally released.

Does it also add (or might add in future updates) romances for the new joinable NPCs?
    Mothor wrote: »

Does it also add (or might add in future updates) romances for the new joinable NPCs?

No. The NPCs overall are not a huge part of IWD2EE.
    paladin84 wrote: »
    Do you know how difficult it would be to impove IWD2NPC using IWD2EE new NPC possibilities? As far as I know there are some limitations of the original IWD2 engine that it is not possible to add NPCs in the same manner as in Baldur's Gate series (through the dialog), so you have to create the whole party from the beginning. It is obviously not the case for IWD2EE.
    Ideally, such an improvement would be to make all the NPCs from IWD2NPC appear somewhere as joinable NPCs (eg at the Wicked Wench), so you can fire and hire them before leaving Targos. I know, that IWD2NPC is compatible with IWD2NPC (as it is now), but having them as a joinable NPCs would be so much better.

Making such a change to the NPC mod would likely involve writing more dialogues for them (for when you recruit them). It is up to the author of the mod if they want to make a change like that.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

No. The NPCs overall are not a huge part of IWD2EE.

I see, then what about extra quests or banters?

Or extra dialogues based on high enough INT or CHA?
  • roohlasroohlas Member Posts: 1
    Issue here 😒

Your version of icewind Dale is incompatible with IEex.

What that means? I see Noone else had that problem

The NPCs do have banters with each other, and will interject in dialogues throughout the game. But there are no romances.
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2023
    Hi this is my first post here, just trying to get IWD2EE working. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong as far as getting the resolution settings right. I'm using the GOG version and only read after I installed IWD2EE that I had to run setup-ddrawfix.exe and uninstall it to avoid problems. So I uninstalled IWD2EE and then ran setup-ddrawfix.exe, but it acted like there was nothing to uninstall. So, separately, I had it install each of its two options and then uninstalled each one. Then I reinstalled IWD2EE. But I'm getting the same results. Basically what happens is if I try resolutions high enough, the in-game screen doesn't fit my monitor, I can't pan the camera by pushing my mouse against the edges of the screen, and also, for some weird reason, the higher the resolution I set, the less I can hear the sounds of weapons hitting enemies when my party attacks them. If I'm at res 4K or higher, I basically can't hear weapons sounds at all. 1920x1080 seems to work fairly well but the sound problem is kind of apparent even on that. Since I'm using a 4K monitor even 1080p is a bit of a mess. Is this how it's supposed to work or is something not right with what I've done? Like I said setup-ddrawfix.exe isn't recognizing anything to uninstall so I think I uninstalled what I was supposed to to let IWD2EE's own ddraw fix work.

Just to clarify :
    • So setup-ddrawfix.exe is not giving you any errors either, right? If there is nothing to uninstall, that is a good thing. I am not sure if we need to install anything else at that point (but I am really not at expert).
    • The 1080p option, though it works well usually, it is pretty large still since the game is 800x600. I use 1366x768, but it might be odd on your 4K screen. I play on a 1080p, so I am not much help for you.
  • bzmbzm Member Posts: 30
    I played a bit longer, and... this edition is great!
    The game runs smoothly and all, makes you want to play and play :).

Thank you!
  • paladin84paladin84 Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2023
    Another question about NPCs. Is there a "talk button" in IWD2EE to start PID (player initiated dialog) with an NPC in a groupd? As far as I undestood current IWD2EE NPCs don't have PIDs, though, but one wants to add their own NPC with PID.
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    What is the best resolution to play with. It's my understanding that the UI is hardcoded, so very small at 1080, but game is beautiful.

What would be the best compromise?
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 231
    I don't like IWD2, but anyway, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU :)

The NPCs do have banters with each other, and will interject in dialogues throughout the game. But there are no romances.

And new quests whether for companions, restored content or outside of both?

Also since I noticed that there are new persuasion option to solve quests might it include extra dialogue or solutions also based on stats so we can outsmart, seduce or figure out someone is lying?
  • xKoDuxKoDu Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2023
    Guys, I have question for those, who play on HoF mode.
    I used starting on 6lvl patch+exp modifier 35*CR and on start goblins gives me only 300xp for 6ppl-party. On non-patched hof goblins give about 3k exp!
    And now I struggle every fight. I'm on bridge now and my party 9-10lvl with enemies 14+lvls. It's already hard aftero i afraid this become impossible to play later on.
    Can I do something with it?

PS
    May be I can reinstall EE-patch with another options? Or the only thing I can do - start new game?

UPD
    Get answer on discord server. short: it's ok:) and yes, u can reinstall ee-patch.
    Post edited by xKoDu on
  • tyytyy Member Posts: 2
    I get this error while trying to install on the GOG copy of the game:

ERROR: Sys_error("override/IEex_WEIDU.lua: Permission denied")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG and look for support at: Red Chimera
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    tyy wrote: »

Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-IWD2EE.DEBUG and look for support at: Red Chimera

Note that there are active discussions and help on the Discord (link on page one of this thread).

Try running Setup-iwd2ee.exe as administrator?
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Fantastic work in developing this modification. I have followed it and really appreciated the many update and comments along the way. Great to have it in hand now.
  • tyytyy Member Posts: 2

Try running Setup-iwd2ee.exe as administrator?

Ran the exe as admin, but cannot install Spell Revisions, Item Revisions, and Creature Revisions due to errors
  • kikokiko Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2023
    OlvynChuru

translate.google:

thanks for the mod

Post edited by kiko on
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Congrats on the release... i saw this through a news article online, so good amount of awareness out to the world :)