Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• TSHawkTSHawk Member Posts: 67
    Quick question, can this play with the version on GOG?
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2023
    TSHawk wrote: »

Well, that is an easy one to answer : yes. The majority of us got it from GOG. The mod considers that most people install the complete version of IWD2 from GOG.
    Post edited by Baraz on
    edited November 2023
    Hermetics wrote: »
    Can we get a table to show the exact changes to sorcerer in class revisions? ...

I pulled these tables using Near Infinity ( .../2DA/MXSPLSOR and /2DA/SPLSRCKN ).
    I am almost certain they are used in IWD2EE, but I am not an expert.
    ygacjuvyda32.jpg
    ( It goes beyond level 27. I just cut it there arbitrarily. )

As for Paladins and Rangers, here is a summary written by OlvynChuru :
    • 1st-level spells at level 2, then they get a new spell level every 3 levels after that.
    • 2nd-level spells at level 5
    • 3rd-level spells at level 8
    • 4th-level spells at level 11
    • 5th-level spells at level 14
    • 6th-level spells at level 17.
    - pretty sure they get bonus spell slots from Wisdom.
    Post edited by Baraz on
    Baraz wrote: »

Well, that is an easy one to answer : yes. The majority of us got it from GOG. The mod considers that most people it from there.

Thank you
  • ArkandosArkandos Member Posts: 4
    What happens if you try to play this mod in multiplayer? What are the issues?
    2 questions, first where do I extract this too if I have the GOG version? 2nd will this work with EEKeeper?
    edited November 2023
    2 questions, first where do I extract this too if I have the GOG version? 2nd will this work with EEKeeper?

Hello,

1) When you open the compressed file, extract using the game's folder. Like this:
    image.png

For example, the installer must end-up being at :
    ...\Icewind Dale 2\Setup-iwd2ee.exe
    and there will be, among other stuff, an IWD2EE folder also in ...\Icewind Dale 2.

2) No EEKeeper is not compatible. You can use though Near Infinity (requires installing Java first). Near Infinity is not user-friendly in comparison to EEKeeper, but it will work without corrupting the files.

Hello,

1) When you open the compressed file, extract using the game's folder. Like this:
    image.png

For example, the installer must end-up being at :
    ...\Icewind Dale 2\Setup-iwd2ee.exe
    and there will be, among other stuff, an IWD2EE folder also in ...\Icewind Dale 2.

2) No EEKeeper is not compatible. You can use though Near Infinity (requires installing Java first). Near Infinity is not user-friendly in comparison to EEKeeper, but it will work without corrupting the files.

When doing the extraction I am getting something different. Will try to screenshot it.
    3nz1gayj1rwb.png

This what mine looks like
  • Anders85Anders85 Member Posts: 3
    please help:) when i try to go to the shaengarne bridge map, i get these errors. All saves don't work. Apart from the initial ones. Hours of gameplay at fury level, help :)
  • Anders85Anders85 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2023
    Anders85 wrote: »
    please help:) when i try to go to the shaengarne bridge map, i get these errors. All saves don't work. Apart from the initial ones. Hours of gameplay at fury level, help :)

Maybe log from crash folder help

EDIT: Guys from discord, helped me. It's works now.
    Post edited by Anders85 on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    @SneakWalker

According to your WeiDU.log, your IWD2EE was not installed properly. It's most likely that you closed the installer while it was in the middle of installing, causing parts of the mod to be corrupted. I recommend you do these steps in this order:
    1. Uninstall the compatibility patch.
    2. After you've done that, look in the "override" folder and delete everything that remains in that folder.
    3. Install IWD2EE again. Make sure not to close the installer in the middle of the installation. Also, you do not need the compatibility patch if you have no mods other than IWD2EE installed.
    edited November 2023
    (Image removed from the quote just to reduce the clutter here.)

What you see is the default extraction, which is always in your Downloads folder by default, BUT that is not what you want.

You want to click Browse and select the main folder of the game Icewind Dale 2.

Once done (Extracted), you must see notably :
    • [your disk and path] \Icewind Dale 2\Setup-iwd2ee.exe
    • If so, run Setup-iwd2ee.exe and follow the instructions in the installer process. It will offer to open the ReadMe, which I recommend to help you decide if you want to install all the components/mods or skip a few.
    (Image removed from the quote just to reduce the clutter here.)

What you see is the default extraction, which is always in your Downloads folder by default, BUT that is not what you want.

You want to click Browse and select the main folder of the game Icewind Dale 2.

Once done (Extracted), you must see notably :
    • [your disk and path] \Icewind Dale 2\Setup-iwd2ee.exe
    • If so, run Setup-iwd2ee.exe and follow the instructions in the installer process. It will offer to open the ReadMe, which I recommend to help you decide if you want to install all the components/mods or skip a few.

Thank you, I will try that
    jp5cr6ef68rh.png

Would this be correct with GOG?
    edited November 2023
    (quote image removed for simplicity)

Yes.
    (quote image removed for simplicity)

Yes.

Thank you
  • Hydra_SpectreHydra_Spectre Member Posts: 3
    I hope Beamdog would hire you all and use your mod to rerelease Icewind Dale 2 on Steam and consoles.
    If Beamdog ever gets the Icewind Dale II licence from Wizards of the Coast.
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    While installing the mod, I selected the ability score to be like BG, but nothing changed. Is there anything I should do separately?

Huh? Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?

Also, make sure you are starting the game by clicking on IWD2EE.exe rather than IWD2.exe.
    Does anyone know why Vrek Vileclaw is hostile from the beginning after entering the cave? I really wanted him to join my party but when i enter the cave and start clearing enemies he's here hostile after a minute or so. I tried to use invisibility before entering the cave and going to him directly without attacking anything, but he's standing with hostile red circle. I was watching ID2 EE playthrough few days ago and the guy in the video could talk to Vrek normally.

Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?

WeiDU.log says:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // DDrawFix -> Use WineD3D's DDraw Library: v1.0
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH/IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD2EE Mod Compatibility Patch (Install AFTER all mods and only if you have a mod other than IWD2EE installed)
    ~IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH/IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD2EE Mod Compatibility Patch (Install AFTER all mods and only if you have a mod other than IWD2EE installed)

@OlvynChuru
    Isnt there any solve for this problem?
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2023
    Hi, iwd2ee can't be installed under non-windows (I think), in my case linux (hoping to run the result with wine).
    The first error I saw was because of

AT_NOW ~rmdir "Shaders" /s /q & xcopy "%mod_folder%\ddrawfix\Shaders" "Shaders" /i /s /e~ EXACT
    AT_UNINSTALL ~rmdir "Shaders" /s /q~ EXACT

But then maybe there are more hidden in the mass of logs.

rmdir doesn't have a /s or /q option on my system and xcopy doesn't exist at all.

EDIT: To be clear, it doesn't fail the weidu install, it continues (but maybe it should?)
    Post edited by mled on
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    @OlvynChuru
    Isnt there any solve for this problem?

He replied to you a few message before this.
    You need to uninstall the MOD_COMPATIBILITY PATCH (you don't need it if you don't use OTHER mods on top off IWDEE), delete youur "OVERRIDE" folder and then install "Setup-iwd2ee.exe" following the onscreen instruction.
    I just installed the mod without installing compatibility and this problem still existed.
    0vq6hayk8lo5.png
    I'm guessing this isn't what it should look like when it gets extracted into the game folder?
    edited November 2023
    i uninstalled then installed again, it worked. Thanks to you all. ;)

But,

eh3nqbuqdj3v.jpg

I encountered this error twice while rerolling on the ability score screen. :|
    1unyye6byrxm.jpg

Finally. :D
  • NalierNalier Member Posts: 5
    Hey! Did you know that Josh Sawyer made a stream with IWD2 EE? You can still find it on youtube!
  • B_FHB_FH Member Posts: 2
    This is wonderful and I'm enjoying the heck out of it, HOWEVER a quality-of-life thing that I'm hopefully just overlooking:

I'd LOVE if edge scrolling could be rebound to WASD rather than arrow keys (you can keybind basically everything else!) is this something there's a compatible mod for already?

Also @SneakWalker I have also noticed how GENEROUS the rolls are in that version of ability-select. I appreciate the time it saves haha
    B_FH wrote: »
    Also I have also noticed how GENEROUS the rolls are in that version of ability-select. I appreciate the time it saves haha

The rolls are actually less generous than in the other Infinity Engine games, as the minimum total roll is 60 rather than 75. Either they spent an enormous amount of time doing rolls and/or they just got ridiculously lucky.
    0vq6hayk8lo5.png
    I'm guessing this isn't what it should look like when it gets extracted into the game folder?

No. The folders called "iwd2ee" and "iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch", and "setup-iwd2ee.exe" and "setup-iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch.exe" should be directly in your IWD2 game folder. They should NOT be inside the folder called IWD2EE-master. You must take them OUT of there. Do not take anything out of the folder called "iwd2ee".
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    0vq6hayk8lo5.png

No. The folders called "iwd2ee" and "iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch", and "setup-iwd2ee.exe" and "setup-iwd2ee_mod_compatibility_patch.exe" should be directly in your IWD2 game folder. They should NOT be inside the folder called IWD2EE-master. You must take them OUT of there. Do not take anything out of the folder called "iwd2ee".

Thank you