Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is released!

Comments

• LipshennanLipshennan Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2023

Amazing been waiting for this for years thank you !!!!
    Post edited by Lipshennan on
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know why Vrek Vileclaw is hostile from the beginning after entering the cave? I really wanted him to join my party but when i enter the cave and start clearing enemies he's here hostile after a minute or so. I tried to use invisibility before entering the cave and going to him directly without attacking anything, but he's standing with hostile red circle. I was watching ID2 EE playthrough few days ago and the guy in the video could talk to Vrek normally.

Is it possible that an area spell or effect was used near that section and one of the guards was touched?
  • schadowhunter9schadowhunter9 Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I recently installed this mod on a clean install of Icewind Dale II on my Windows 11 laptop PC. Everything in the mod seems to be working properly except for the built-in wide screen functionality. No matter which resolution I pick on launching IWD2ee or what I change in the config application, the resolution is always the default version in game (I think 800 x 600). How do I get it to work? It is just very small on a 2560 x 1440 screen.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    @schadowhunter9This post might help.
  • DanurdenDanurden Member Posts: 4
    Any idea why all the males sounds are not playing? Female voices are as normal.
    I used to love the voices of my male characters :(
    Anyone came across such issue?
    edited November 2023
    Hello! I recently installed this mod on a clean install of Icewind Dale II on my Windows 11 laptop PC. Everything in the mod seems to be working properly except for the built-in wide screen functionality. No matter which resolution I pick on launching IWD2ee or what I change in the config application, the resolution is always the default version in game (I think 800 x 600). How do I get it to work? It is just very small on a 2560 x 1440 screen.
    Have you tried a different resolutions, like 1366x768 (16:9) would be good start, or 1080p (16:9). I do not mean changing your monitor resolution, but clicking on the mod starter (IWD2EE.exe) should open a small choice between various resolutions.
  • schadowhunter9schadowhunter9 Member Posts: 2
    Bubb wrote: »
    @schadowhunter9This post might help.

Thank you, I think this is exactly what I did incorrectly.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Hello, just installed the mod, is it normal that in character creation (when you choose colors and clothes) the character moves really fast? Then in game it's fine, i've just found it peculiar :smiley:
  • DanurdenDanurden Member Posts: 4
    Danurden wrote: »
    Any idea why all the males sounds are not playing? Female voices are as normal.
    I used to love the voices of my male characters :(
    Anyone came across such issue?

fixed! If playing the GOG version, go to the sound file in icewind dale II folder and change the folder names so that they wont include Polish letter, ex Mężczyzna_Złodziej_1 change to Mezczyzna_Zlodziej_1
  • ThrowsShiyPartiesThrowsShiyParties Member Posts: 10
    Fantastic work. Does anyone know where I can find the starting stats of the added companions? Or at least their classes and rough ability contours
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Hello, another quick question: after installation can i still use the config.exe in installation directory or is it a problem with EE? Thanks!
    Daevelon wrote: »
    Hello, another quick question: after installation can i still use the config.exe in installation directory or is it a problem with EE? Thanks!

No problem at all. Config.exe is still useful and applied.
  • KangaxxchanKangaxxchan Member Posts: 3
    Baraz wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Vrek Vileclaw is hostile from the beginning after entering the cave? I really wanted him to join my party but when i enter the cave and start clearing enemies he's here hostile after a minute or so. I tried to use invisibility before entering the cave and going to him directly without attacking anything, but he's standing with hostile red circle. I was watching ID2 EE playthrough few days ago and the guy in the video could talk to Vrek normally.

Is it possible that an area spell or effect was used near that section and one of the guards was touched?

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately it must be a bug in my game or something, because I've tested many scenarios, like not talking to Emma, so Vrek doesn't get mad that I might be after the moonblade etc. but he seems to be hostile immediately after I enter the cave, because he was always coming to me to the beginning of the cave with red circle already even tho i didn't touch any orcs or slimes yet. I also tried using invisibility on everyone to go directly to him and try to talk him and at the end of the cave he was already hostile. Maybe this problem won't occur in my next playthrough, I really hope so, cause I wanted a troll in my party :smile: Also the quest itself for the moonblade seems not to work properly, because the moonblade is nowhere to be found in the cave.
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 52
    Just to confirm - you did install the "NPC Core" component, correct?
  • KangaxxchanKangaxxchan Member Posts: 3
    Acrux2 wrote: »
    Just to confirm - you did install the "NPC Core" component, correct?

Yes, I have installed everything. With other NPCs I've met so far that with the mod we can add to the party always have the dialog line, unfortunately the only one I actually wanted in my party doesn't even want to talk :disappointed:
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited November 2023
    Are the 40 components offered by the installer curated, so that I can just select "install all" to get a cohesive and balanced Enhanced experience, or are they meant to be treated more like Tweaks Anthology, i.e. a grab bag of potentially-controversial changes that I'm supposed to cherry-pick from?

EDIT: Never mind, even when you select "Install all", the installer requires you to make lots of choices.
    Post edited by ineth on
  • darrenkitlordarrenkitlor Member Posts: 3
    I'm running the game through Crossover on MacOS. If I use my native resolution (1440p), performance is abysmal. Dropping down to 1080p is very speedy but people move like caffeinated gerbils.

Any performance tricks beyond increasing Cache size and disabling options in the graphics menu?
    I'm running the game through Crossover on MacOS. If I use my native resolution (1440p), performance is abysmal. Dropping down to 1080p is very speedy but people move like caffeinated gerbils.

Any performance tricks beyond increasing Cache size and disabling options in the graphics menu?

By the way, remember that BG1-2 and IWD1-2 are meant to run at 30 FPS: the world time and animations are doubled almost if you impose 60 FPS.

As for lag, I had some when EAX sound was selected. Some sound settings can make the game stutter.
  • ondostondost Member Posts: 2
    can anyone tell me, what is going wrong her?
    ifc9socq9qky.png
    Do you have admin permissions for the folder where you're installing?
  • ondostondost Member Posts: 2
    Do you have admin permissions for the folder where you're installing?

you know, i don't think i do. thanks =) i'll look into it
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    While installing the mod, I selected the ability score to be like BG, but nothing changed. Is there anything I should do separately?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    While installing the mod, I selected the ability score to be like BG, but nothing changed. Is there anything I should do separately?

Huh? Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?

Also, make sure you are starting the game by clicking on IWD2EE.exe rather than IWD2.exe.

Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

Huh? Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?

Also, make sure you are starting the game by clicking on IWD2EE.exe rather than IWD2.exe.

Can you please zip the WeiDU.log file in your IWD2 folder and post it here?

WeiDU.log says:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // DDrawFix -> Use WineD3D's DDraw Library: v1.0
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH/IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD2EE Mod Compatibility Patch (Install AFTER all mods and only if you have a mod other than IWD2EE installed)
    ~IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH/IWD2EE_MOD_COMPATIBILITY_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD2EE Mod Compatibility Patch (Install AFTER all mods and only if you have a mod other than IWD2EE installed)
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Hi great game to reexperience thanks so much.
    Is it possible to play in window mode instead of full screen? I have treid the simple approach, reduce resolution and set et to window mode in game and from the configure program. But it simly gives a black screen in game. Thanks
    edited November 2023
    Bards Spells Known (learnt per level in IWD2EE) [not to be confused with spell slots]
    - just sharing it here in case it helps anyone (seen in files under 2DA via Near Infinity). Why: I noticed that my Bard at level 6 did not learn any new spells, so I checked to see how it works.
    - ideally, someone could start a Wiki :P

Bard Spells Known per level :
    - The first column (1-20) are Bard levels (I did not copy beyond 20 as I did not need it).
    - The first row are spells "ranks" 1 to 7.

____ 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7
    1 ---
    2 --- 2
    3 --- 3
    4 --- 3 -- 2
    5 --- 4 -- 3
    6 --- 4 -- 3
    7 --- 4 -- 4 -- 2
    8 --- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    9 --- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    10-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 2
    11-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    12-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    13-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 2
    14-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    15-- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    16-- 5 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 2
    17-- 5 -- 5 -- 4 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    18-- 5 -- 5 -- 5 -- 4 -- 4 -- 3
    19-- 5 -- 5 -- 5 -- 5 -- 4 -- 4 --- 2
    20-- 5 -- 5 -- 5 -- 5 -- 4 -- 4 --- 3

[Yips, the spacing was removed by the editor.]
  • TSHawkTSHawk Member Posts: 67
    Ok so my new laptop doesn't support a CD/DVD rom drive. And I found the box for the game but no game which means that my oldest nephew took it several years ago without asking and I won't be able to get it back. How can I play this version?
    It's on GOG.
  • TSHawkTSHawk Member Posts: 67
    It's on GOG.

Thank you. I didn't know that
  • HermeticsHermetics Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2023
    Can we get a table to show the exact changes to sorcerer in class revisions? "They get slightly slower spell growth and slightly slower access to new spell picks" is extremely vague and honestly I'm not a fan of the idea of having to wait til lvl 25 or beyond to finish your spell progression when the other classes are unchanged, and depending on how "slight" it is could range from negligible to making the class feel much worse depending on when the delay starts. Especially with the paladin of mystra giving a 20% spell damage bonus at lvl 11 makes it kind of relevant if you're able to even afford only 19 levels in sorcerer, or maybe that was your goal in the first place to make it not a free op gish build with little downside. If it's just 1 level behind wizard across the board like it is in a lot of games then that's just taking the same tax as it gets in other editions of sorcerer. I looked it up and the iwd2 chart said they get same spell progression as wizards for some reason, they're supposed to be 1 level behind on when they get spell level access as a tax for being a spontaneous caster. I can understand nerfing sorcerer a bit since metamagic is gonna have a stronger effect on them than the other memorized casters and give them a ton of versatility, though navigating through that old menu sounds like a clusterfuck for every time you want to use it unless it becomes possible to keybind the metamagic. nwn2 had you able to set individual metamagic spells on the action bar as separate spells for ease of use but what you gonna do.

While on the subject getting tables for the revised paladin and ranger tables would be nice too. You mentioned they get more spells and earlier, or maybe you meant just better slot progression either way its good to be able to know. The new spells both classes get sound very strong. I guess they do need something to compete with pure fighters since their spells tend to not be that useful in the games I've played.

The changes to the warrior and thief classes look pretty good. The kensai and assassin lvl 1 feat kits was a really cool idea and definitely a better way to implement things like that 2e style using an early feat tax than a bunch of memey prestige classes that have to be planned from lvl 1 anyway. Would love to also see shadowdancer with hips implemented in a similar manner, or even eldritch knight. The fighter and thief getting bonuses with levels to make having it pure class have some benefits was an interesting idea. Not sure how it turns out balance wise until I have a chance to get some solid play time in but kensai/mage sounds like it would be a thing again in this game, maybe reminiscent of the sword saint from pathfinder kingmaker except you get to choose how much magic you get in exchange for fighter bonuses, maybe a dex finesse dual wielding elf with two swords so you can keep up with ac. Knockdown sounds kind of memey if it has to be activated every round from the special abilities tab.

That chart for advanced spell capacity is unclear to me if anyone is willing to explain it to me. I understand the lvl 10 slots are meant to be used for metamagic just unsure what the numbers mean next to the ranks.

Your changes to wildshapes have me wanting to play a druid for once to see how it is. I love druid in wow but in dnd games its always seemed so lackluster compared to cleric and mage imo.

I'm a bit curious as to what you did to keep the combat challenging as all these new feats are buffs for basically every class, everyone does more damage etc and hof mode making enemies bullet sponges you said was gone so hoping the combat doesn't become too fast paced for it. While iwdee is a completely different game, I remember feeling like that extra hp was mandatory to keep the enemies from falling over even in the early stages of the game if you made a more optimized party that comes online quickly instead of trolling with all triple classes.

I'm assuming bard songs can't be stacked since the lvl 20 one gives you the effects of all of them? I'm kinda torn between installing class revisions for the changes to bards and fighters and not for the nerf to sorcerer since I don't know the extent of it lol.

Either way installing a fresh install of the game as we speak and getting ready to play. Thank you very much for the mod I actually had no idea this was in the works all this time, was very pleasantly surprised and lucked out on a random search about iwdee. I've never actually played it because from what I've heard it has some headaches that sound better not to go through at all including dragon's eye memes. Looking forward to get some play time in soon and will try to write a relevant review when I can. Hoping to have a good time I've never been a fan of 3e being a 2e game fiend but I got high hopes you guys really seem to have put some thought into this. Legit made an account on the forum just to comment on this.