Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    The four ogres attacking the bear and Butter get caught in the webs.
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolien
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Guston uses his cape of flying to fly into a tree and shoot arrows down at the ogres using his short bow. He also sets his dancing rapier to work.
    NimranRik_KirtaniyaAnduinThacoBell
    The tiger swipes at the one wounded ogre, killing it, then turns around and mauls one of the other two attacking it to death. The five remaining wolves regroup and surround one ogre, wounding him. Butter attacks the ogre attacking him, taking a huge chunk out of the ogre’s leg. The ogre shrieks in pain. The bear turns to attack the ogre that attacked it, and it beats him with its claws, tearing through his flesh with each swing. The griffon also strikes out against the two ogres attacking it, leaving one battered but still standing.

Party goes last on initiative, so I’ll take your actions after the ogres take theirs. I have work, so it’ll be a while.
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBellSkatan
    The remaining ogre attacking the tiger swings at it once more, and hits. The tiger doesn’t seem fazed at all as the club whacks against its hide. The two ogres fighting the wolves raise their clubs and bring them down on two of them. One wolf gets its skull caved in, and another yelps as it takes a hit to its leg.

The ogre that was attacking Butter still can’t get free of the web, while the ogre attacking the bear does pull himself free, and he swings again at the bear, and hits. The bear is looking pretty bad, as it starts breathing deeply.

The two ogres attacking the griffon once again swing. One misjudges his swing, and it goes wide, while the other one hits. The griffon lets out a pained shriek.
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellSkatan
    That brings us to the party, as they reach the clearing, now a battlefield between ogres and animals, with Ignatius and Fiora somewhere in the middle of it all.

Guston flies up and perched on a branch, then pulls out the rapier and activates it. The rapier suddenly darts downward to strike at an unsuspecting ogre:
    Guston: Attack: 7+5=12

Its blade strikes the ogre’s hide armor, but doesn’t penetrate it.
    That’s all Guston can do this round, as it takes a standard action to activate the rapier.

Ignatius casts Summon Swarm, and a horde of bats springs into existence and starts biting. The ogres, Butter, the bear, and the griffon are now swarmed with bats.
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellSkatan
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Nanna Andaweena casts magic missile at the Ogre attacking the bear.*

I'd fireball but I would probably set the forest afire...
    NimranmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    How many ogres are still alive?
    NimranThacoBellmashedtatersAnduin
    7 ogres left, 2 uninjured, 4 are badly hurt or near death, 1 moderately wounded.
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtatersSkatan
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    If the hag arrives, Ignatius will cast Flaming Sphere on her.
    NimranThacoBellmashedtatersAnduin
    You do know that the hag is capable of avoiding being seen, Ignatius. :wink:
    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersAnduin
    The griffon and the ogre fighting it are now blinded and covered in glittering dust.

The unblinded ogre sees the massive saber-tooth tiger that just tried to eat him, and he swings his club at it in a desperate attempt to fend it off. The wild swing simply falls short of the animal’s chin, not hitting it at all.

The now blinded ogre cries out in surprise as he tries to smack the griffon once again. Through the stinging fangs of bats and now the blindness, he still manages to hit the griffon, who slumps down a bit and seems to be struggling to stand.

Two ogres left. Party’s turn.
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Seeing the advantage, Fiora presses the attack, seeking to end the battle quickly. The must be down before the Hag makes her move.*

Gotta say, I am incredibly nervous. I don't want an invisible Hag snatching her eye back or breaking the circle.
    Rik_KirtaniyaNimranmashedtaterslolien