Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    mlnevese said:

That was the original intent but they were not allowed to make a stand alone game using second edition rules.

They should read what they sign.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Raduziel said:

mlnevese said:

That was the original intent but they were not allowed to make a stand alone game using second edition rules.

They should read what they sign.
    If they had turned it down, we never would have gotten the EEs at all.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Raduziel: If they were to release BGEE 2.5 while the SoD DLC was still in 2.3, you would be totally right.

Currently, they want people to test BGEE 2.5 without the SoD DLC. When BGEE 2.5 is properly tested and working up to the standards they want, they'll go and update the SoD DLC to match that.

It's probably more efficient to do this than to keep the entire DLC updated and compatible every time they make a tweak to the base game.

Regardless, Beamdog's patch cycle is getting absolutely crazy. It's now been 2 years since the 2.3 patch, and it's been over seven months since the 2.5 patch has been in Beta.
    ThacoBellDaevelonAdul
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2018
    Beamdog is absolutely horrible with how long it takes them to do a patch. Years!
    AdulRaduzielLaucianNailor
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    If quest changes were out of discussion ( I remember the shittons of discussion on this forum about this point) how is it possible that you are integrating stuff from unfinished bussiness and actually changing the nereid quest? I will be honest I find that kiss killing the main character pretty silly, but I was wondering why these changes come now.
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    I beg your pardon, but when this release will be and what changes will it bring? Terribly sorry if it is stated clearly somewhere obvious.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Why should the BG:EE 2.5beta be compatible to SoD 2.3? This is only an issue if one wants to seriously play the game with the beta version – not test just the beta.

I'm fully aware trying to really play an open beta is tempting, especially knowing how long it takes patches to be realeased here, but it's still no good advice to do this – might also be that save games of the beta are not compatible to the next version, or be damaged due to some bug. That can happen, it's just luck if it does not. Still i'm sure there would be much screaming and pointing fingers if it happened ...
    GreenWarlock
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    Musaab said:

Beamdog is absolutely horrible with how long it takes them to do a patch. Years!

Yup, BG2 - Mac OSX sold through the Mac app store.......still on version 1.3, last updated 11th February 2015. And all we have is the ongoing FU bullcrap about 'looking at it' after ALL of the 2.5 updates have been launched.

Thanks for the ongoing ignoring of the customers who gave them money through this platform and continue to get shat on from a great height.
    @LaughingMan "after ALL of the 2.5 updates have been launched."

Um, they haven't. IWD, BG2, adn SoD standalone have been launched. Everything else is still in beta.

THE MAC APP STORE IS STILL ON 1.3!?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Hey, I have a Mac that I sometimes use for gaming in LAN parties.

Though to be fair, we play all the games on it in Boot Camp. :tongue:
    Dev6
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well according to this weeks stream if nothing goes wrong bg ee 2.5 will be out next week.
    ThacoBellRaduzielAedan
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2018
    It's been a few weeks that BGEE 2.5 is supposed to be release the next week. Let's hope that this time it's true :p
    Raduziel
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited August 2018
    IMO, I felt Beamdog should have stayed exclusive to one platform where the game originally was made for, and then at a later date moved the game to OSX or any other platform. The fact they're tackling all platforms at the same time is why they're taking way too long to do a real update. If Beamdog was a bigger studio I can see this not being a problem, but they're doing way too much with such a small team. I'm reminded how so many game studios out there try to do multiple platforms, but fail to see how many bugs they end up creating whether it's a original game or a port. Rarely this isn't always the case, but happens all too often.

But it's too late now they opened up Nine Hell's Gate where the rabid fans await, and expect their game to be fixed for multiple platforms.

Simply put always do one platform exclusively first, and then decide whether or not the game will be ported to another system and eventually deal with it's bugs.
    ThacoBellRaduziel
    Yeah, I don't think Beamdog really has the size yet to support so many platforms. I do admire their determination to fulfill their promises though. Even if it takes a long time to do so.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    honestly wish SOD was separate from bg1 in PC. I chose to stick with the much more stable and faithful 1.3 but obviously that means I can't use the SOD copy I bought.

also the only reason I still visit these forums is because I cling hard to the hopes of IWD2EE even if it's impossible. Heck I'd play it under crappy 2.0 with 3rd rules if I had to.
    edited August 2018
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Raduziel said:

ThacoBell said:

Yeah, I don't think Beamdog really has the size yet to support so many platforms. I do admire their determination to fulfill their promises though. Even if it takes a long time to do so.

By embracing multiplatforms, Beamdog married with its rapist.
    The idea that someone would equate another's computing platform choice with rape sickens me.
    AedanronaldoContemplative_HamsterThacoBell
    @AstroBryGuy You're right. Bad choice of words.
    Supposed to come out this week. Where is it?
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2018
    I'll be replaying Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 as soon as the 2.5 hits. It'll be the first time in what's probably close to ten years.

I did get the EE when it came out years ago, but it wasn't running too well on the machine I was using at the time. Really looking forward to it now. The 2.5 update appears to be a big step. Is there any idea about when the game's going to be considered "finished"? Is there gonna be a 3.0?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

I'll be replaying Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 as soon as the 2.5 hits. It'll be the first time in what's probably close to ten years.

I did get the EE when it came out years ago, but it wasn't running too well on the machine I was using at the time. Really looking forward to it now. The 2.5 update appears to be a big step. Is there any idea about when the game's going to be considered "finished"? Is there gonna be a 3.0?

No idea if we ever reach a 'finished' status but Beamdog has already announced that there will be a v2.6 in the (not-so-nearby) future.
    ThacoBellAerakarStummvonBordwehr
    @Blue_Three Depends on what you mean by finished. 1.3 was really stable, barring a couple big bugs. 2.3 had a revamped UI, more bugfixes, more modability. Really, I've considered every patch after 2.0 to be pure gravy on top of the finished meal.
    AedanAerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Musaab said:

Supposed to come out this week. Where is it?

it's only the middle of the week. calm down.
    AerakarlefreutThacoBell
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited August 2018
    If I understand correctly, the 2.5 update (also for Android!?!) should hit this or next week?

Really can't wait for the post 2.0 updates to be available for Android. I will hold out on starting a new sagarun then!
    Post edited by Dordledum on
    Last week on the Friday stream, Phil said all the bugs were fixed and he was ready to release the patch this week. It's Thursday...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Musaab said:

Last week on the Friday stream, Phil said all the bugs were fixed and he was ready to release the patch this week. It's Thursday...

All but one persistent MP bug.
    DordledumStummvonBordwehr
  • kalekale Member Posts: 53
    I'm looking forward to playing the BG EE for the first time. But this waiting for the patch kind of traps me in a very unhealthy vicious circle where I constantly try to roll better characters...
    MiraStastny
    It wouldn't surprise me if the update was postponed.

Again.