Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Aedan - Thanks!
    Aedan
    A new version of BG1UB is out, v15.2!

Note: This release only updates translations. No code changes.

Download at: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/latest

Changes in this release:
    * Updated French translations - Thanks Isaya!
    * Updated Italian translations - Thanks Aedan!
    AedanSssiksseilorhook71Isaya
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Grazie!
    AstroBryGuy
  • ArvelDrethArvelDreth Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm playing with the Enhanced Edition, downloaded from Steam, and it appears as though when I have the BERRUN.dlg file still in the override folder, his dialogue is bugged. It only shows up as "Invalid" with some numbers next to it.
    @Balquo - Thanks for the heads up!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I am working on my install order for BGEE 2.3.67.B/SoD.

BG1 Unfinished Business v15.2 and BG1 NPC Project 23.3 are considered essential (with some other mods too).

Which one should be installed first ?

In my opinion (after reading the readme and discussions) it doesn't really matter as long as you keep in mind the Following "facts" (are they still true ?) :

- If BG1 UB is installed after BG1 NPC Project, it will automatically detect BG1 NPC and skip the components that conflict
    - The opposite is not true : i f i install BG1 NPC after BG1 UB, i will have to manually not install the components that conflic
    - BG1NPC's versions of Kagain's and Kivan's, Kivan and Tazok and Branwen and Tranzig, are "bigger".

NSotSC is also proposing alternative versions of the "Nim Furlwing Encounter" and "Svlast the Fallen Paladin". What are the main differences and should i go with the one from BG1 UB or not ?
    I usually install BG1NPC first, since BG1UB will detect BG1NPC.

@Jastey updated NTotSC for BGEE, so she may have more insight on the differences in the Nim Furlwing and Svlast components.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2018
    So I had Coran in my party when talking to Entar Silvershield's wife in his estate, with the intention to complete the Kagain Caravan quest where Entar Silvershield's son was killed and I was bringing back his symbol to show the wife. However Coran interjected at the start of the conversation and was like "Let me handle this." and now I have to meet the wife somewhere at midnight (at least, I think that's what the dialogue indicated). When and where am I supposed to meet her so I can finally give her the family symbol and complete the quest? The Journal didn't seem to record anything after Coran made his conversation with her so I want to be sure exactly where we need to find her at.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Hi,

I am testing the BWS tool for modding BGEE2.3 and BWS is expecting a certain version/size/name of the mod BG1 UB. Which file should i preferably select and "force the usage" between those 3 :

bg1ub-master.zip (which is the file name BWS is expecting but in a different size)
    bg1ub-15.2.zip
    or win-bg1ub-v15.2.zip

edited July 2018

So I had Coran in my party when talking to Entar Silvershield's wife in his estate, with the intention to complete the Kagain Caravan quest where Entar Silvershield's son was killed and I was bringing back his symbol to show the wife. However Coran interjected at the start of the conversation and was like "Let me handle this." and now I have to meet the wife somewhere at midnight (at least, I think that's what the dialogue indicated). When and where am I supposed to meet her so I can finally give her the family symbol and complete the quest? The Journal didn't seem to record anything after Coran made his conversation with her so I want to be sure exactly where we need to find her at.

This is BG1NPC content, not BG1UB. But, yes, BG1NPC has two conflicting interjections on the dialogue with Lady Silvershield, one for Kagain's quest and one for Coran. Both are "derailing", i.e., they don't return to the original dialog tree. It will have to be remedied in a future release of BG1NPC.

Edit: If you have Skie with you, Coran's interjection won't fire and you can complete the caravan quest. Or temporarily kick Coran out of the party.
    edited July 2018
    Mordekaie said:

Hi,

I am testing the BWS tool for modding BGEE2.3 and BWS is expecting a certain version/size/name of the mod BG1 UB. Which file should i preferably select and "force the usage" between those 3 :

bg1ub-master.zip (which is the file name BWS is expecting but in a different size)
    bg1ub-15.2.zip
    or win-bg1ub-v15.2.zip

BWS shouldn't use "master" if they want a stable version. The master branch is a work in progress (i.e., latest commits I've made the to the code repository). Most of the changes currently in the master are for BGEEv2.5 compatibility (e.g., deactivating components made redundant by content additions for v2.5).

The difference between "bg1ub-15.2.zip" and "win-bg1ub-v15.2.zip" is the presence of the WeiDU installer in the latter. "bg1ub-15.2.zip" is the "source code" download created automatically by GitHub for a release and does not include the setup-bg1ub.exe WeiDU installer (which I don't keep in the mod repository). The "win-bg1ub-v15.2.zip" download includes the WeiDU installer. If BWS needs the installer, go with "win-bg1ub-v15.2.zip".

(I'm not sure if BWS needs the installer. I don't use BWS.)
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on

This is BG1NPC content, not BG1UB. But, yes, BG1NPC has two conflicting interjections on the dialogue with Lady Silvershield, one for Kagain's quest and one for Coran. Both are "derailing", i.e., they don't return to the original dialog tree. It will have to be remedied in a future release of BG1NPC.

Edit: If you have Skie with you, Coran's interjection won't fire and you can complete the caravan quest. Or temporarily kick Coran out of the party.
    Maybe in the case that Coran's dialogue interrupts the dialogue tree to complete the quest, maybe at least give the option to give the symbol to Entar Silvershield himself? That way there's at least a way to just complete the quest instead of being stuck with the symbol and not knowing what to do with it.

I was using quicksaves in Baldur's Gate city and can't go back to a recent save to try it again without Coran in the party so without knowing about Coran's conflicting dialogue ahead of time I'm pretty much screwed (which means someone playing those mods for the first time, may end up being screwed as Coran is a pretty common choice for good aligned parties). I'm surprised such an issue even exists between the two mods for an easy to access quest that takes a long time to finally complete, since there's no way to give non-spoiler disclosure that Coran screws you out of completing the quest, in simple terms. Just seems odd, though I understand no mod is perfect.

Maybe in the case that Coran's dialogue interrupts the dialogue tree to complete the quest, maybe at least give the option to give the symbol to Entar Silvershield himself? That way there's at least a way to just complete the quest instead of being stuck with the symbol and not knowing what to do with it.

I was using quicksaves in Baldur's Gate city and can't go back to a recent save to try it again without Coran in the party so without knowing about Coran's conflicting dialogue ahead of time I'm pretty much screwed (which means someone playing those mods for the first time, may end up being screwed as Coran is a pretty common choice for good aligned parties). I'm surprised such an issue even exists between the two mods for an easy to access quest that takes a long time to finally complete, since there's no way to give non-spoiler disclosure that Coran screws you out of completing the quest, in simple terms. Just seems odd, though I understand no mod is perfect.
    Again, this is entirely BG1NPC content. This has nothing to do with BG1UB.

BG1UB's version of Kagain's Quest does not include returning any pin to the Silvershield estate.

Again, this is entirely BG1NPC content. This has nothing to do with BG1UB.

BG1UB's version of Kagain's Quest does not include returning any pin to the Silvershield estate.
    Ah, now I understand. Sorry if I misunderstood the quest content earlier and how it conflicted.
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    When can we expect an update for 2.5?
    I am working on finalizing an update (checking components for additional conflicts with BGEE v2.5), but I am currently quite busy IRL (start of a new semester). It may be a week or so. Until then, check the BGEE v2.5 release notes and don't install components that would conflict with BGEE v2.5 additions.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/updates-to-baldurs-gate-enhanced.html
    StummvonBordwehrSssiksseilorGusinda
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37

I am working on finalizing an update (checking components for additional conflicts with BGEE v2.5), but I am currently quite busy IRL (start of a new semester). It may be a week or so. Until then, check the BGEE v2.5 release notes and don't install components that would conflict with BGEE v2.5 additions.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/updates-to-baldurs-gate-enhanced.html

Thank you for the fast response, it being in a week or two doesn't bother me. I was more interested in knowing if you were even going to update it so now that you are I'll just wait patiently, thank you.
    GusindaSssiksseilor
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Yay!
    AstroBryGuyContemplative_Hamster
    @AstroBryGuy
    Thank you for your endless work!
    Is there something in this update that should be translated?
    AstroBryGuy
    @Aedan - No new game-text. There is one line for the setup.tra that is used when the install routine detects an unmerged SoD DLC file. If it does, it directs the user to install @argent77's DLC Merger.

@90018 = ~DLC Merger is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download DLC Merger.~
    Aedan
    @90018 = ~E' richiesto DLC Merger affinche' possano essere installate le mod. Consulta il file Readme per maggiori informazioni e per il link da cui scaricare DLC Merger.~
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    From the FAQ:

Q: What do I need to use this mod?
    A: This version of BG1 Unfinished Business will require BG1, BG1Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy.

Shouldn't that include BGEE?
    Aedan
    Thels said:

From the FAQ:

Q: What do I need to use this mod?
    A: This version of BG1 Unfinished Business will require BG1, BG1Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy.

Shouldn't that include BGEE?

Probably. :smile:
    Aedan
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    What is the difference between win-bg1ub-v16.0 and win32-bg1ub-v16.0?

Am I correct in assuming win-bg1ub-v16.0 is for Windows 10 (64-bit)?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    ktchong wrote: »
    What is the difference between win-bg1ub-v16.0 and win32-bg1ub-v16.0?

Am I correct in assuming win-bg1ub-v16.0 is for Windows 10 (64-bit)?

@ktchong Yes, that's correct. The 'win32' means 32-bit setup-bg1ub.exe
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2019
    Forget I said anything. Solved.