Skip to content

You know you are role playing when...

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    31.) When your character gets killed by the party mage who forgot that fireball was an AoE spell.

32.) When the next character you roll is an immensely strong half-wit who just happens to be the younger brother of your previous character and is on a personal quest to rid the world of mages.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    33.) When a blue skinned woman, with green hair and hardly any clothes, tries to kiss you, but kisses your friend instead - who immediately drops down dead - and your first reaction is to laugh.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    33.) When your party scoffs at the foe they are facing, "It's just a skeleton in robes! How hard could it be to kill it?!" (Lich)

34.) When your party member attacks and tries to kill a gazebo.

http://www.dndadventure.com/html/articles/gaming_stories.html

35.) When one of your character's familiars ends up killing a monster the rest of the party is hopeless at hitting.

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    37.) When you find a non-magical head with "Head of Vecna" written on it, and you think chopping off your own head (and then replace it with the "Head of Vecna") is a good idea ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    40. The temple instantly heals you from all wounds, diseases and curses. No recovery time needed.
    41.) Not only can the temple heal you, but cure any diseases (social or otherwise) you have picked up on the way, remove irritating items that won't go away (cursed) and even raise you from the dead, no matter how long it's been since you left this mortal coil.
    scriver said:

I'm a traditionalist. I prefer all my heroes naked and oiled, except for sandals.

What's the fun of playing with invincible invisible characters? :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    44. When you WANT to run into the named toad demon because your protections against its curses are running out.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    46.) When true neutrality means "Because I said so."

46.) When true neutrality means "Because I said so."

You mean it isn't? :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    47. When the boss your fighting has the attributes: Ghost, Undead, Incorporeal. In that order.
    edited September 2018
    48. The attributes: Ghost, Undead, Incorporeal actually make sense to you because there are incorporeal beings that are not undead or ghosts and undead beings that are neither ghosts nor incorporeal :)
    49.) When you see "Ghost" and immediately think "Ghost type Pokemon".
    LadyRhian said:

41.) Not only can the temple heal you, but cure any diseases (social or otherwise) you have picked up on the way, remove irritating items that won't go away (cursed) and even raise you from the dead, no matter how long it's been since you left this mortal coil.

Unless you are the main character in Baldur's Gate! ;)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    When you meet a werepolar bear guard who is always angry because the region is too hot for him, use magic to make him more comfortable, then offhandedly remark that it only lasts for an hour.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    When an NPC tells the party not to fight a powerful boss, but you and the party fighter do it anyway. The fighter gets mauled and chewed on, but you’re standing back and using a spell combo that deals a lot of damage to it every round. Finally, the boss is on its last few hit points, the fighter is dead, and you’re about to deal the finishing blow, when the NPC from earlier returns suddenly and steals the kill.

DM was a rat bastard that day, that XP should have been mine...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Nimran said:

When an NPC tells the party not to fight a powerful boss, but you and the party fighter do it anyway. The fighter gets mauled and chewed on, but you’re standing back and using a spell combo that deals a lot of damage to it every round. Finally, the boss is on its last few hit points, the fighter is dead, and you’re about to deal the finishing blow, when the NPC from earlier returns suddenly and steals the kill.

DM was a rat bastard that day, that XP should have been mine...

Isn’t the rule that anyone who helped in the fight suppose to share the XP?
    50.) When all of your party is killed except for CHARNAME and you have drag their dead bodies through three areas to get them back to a temple and healed, which uses up all your party's money. Feh.

51.) When after said debacle, you go back to the area that killed you and triumph at the same battle that killed everyone BUT you last time.

52.) When you are still bitter about having to pay for the resurrections
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    53. When you play a dwarf monk wearing a tiny thong which can hide and hold the party's shared stash within it's secret sanctums thinking this is as far from reality as ever possible.

Uh.... I was thinking more like:

Ok, Google... Search how to unsee things...