Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I only meant that on the Nightsinger, the bard has a custom menu to choose spells directly from the weave as it's setup, so it was actually meant to have a clear spell book in the beginning.

As far as the other bard kits, as from Bardic Wonders, the bard song can give up to a -10 in AC and super THAC0 for party members at level 21.

Of course, the bards may still learn all of the spells that are automatically placed into their spell book from Might and Guile, I was just adding my opinion that they may want to wait on it and find the spells themselves to make it a little more challenging.
    I personally consider this mod (Might and Guile) among the Top 5 must have mods.
    edited October 2018
    It seems that I've ran into an unexpected problem with "Bardic Wonders".

This changes a few things. Perhaps I WILL install MaG after Bardic Wonders now.. heh.

But I still wish to keep the great Shadow Adept installed after MaG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellGusinda
    ThacoBell
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Do the new Bards get Haste? It's a staple Bard spell, IMO.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Compatibility: these changes are totally incompatible with the way all other bard kits work. I have not disabled the old bard class; instead you will see that it is called "2E Bard" in the class menu. If you install bard kits from other mods, like Song & Silence or Bardic Wonders, they will be available under the "2E Bard class and will function like unmodded bards; while at the same time, the nine kits in this component will be available under the Rogue, Fighter/Rogue, and Cleric/Rogue classes.

Not going to lie: this seems like a cool enough change that I may just want to disable the old bard for my own use. :D
    Well, Haste can be seen as some sort of quickstep, up-tempo dance. And it gives an option to buff. I've always played Bards as precombat buffers, so that they can sing/fight in battle.
    ThacoBell
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited October 2018

Not going to lie: this seems like a cool enough change that I may just want to disable the old bard for my own use. :D

I mean, you don't really need to.
    I know, but it's just sitting there: almost empty.

That seems kind of rude... I don't want to stop players from mixing and matching mods if that's what they want to do.

Well, nah. Just, for me, I don't really want to do that. /shrug

Don't misunderstand. Those other mods are great, I'm sure. I just feel like your mod gave me the gamechanger I wanted (and didn't have time to code myself, to be blunt). :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    hehe guess I saw the "Maybe tonight" post a little late.

ThacoBell said:

"Not installed due to errors 3e-inspired bard overhaul and multiclass bards" "Error: Failure cannot resolve label"

WeiDU log attached.

Try v3.8.2.

Also, I'm pretty sure FnP should be installed after TnB...
    Really? I feel like we've had this conversation before, but reversed, as I did use to install TnB first...

Thanks for the update! I'll get to testing the new bards asap.
    edited October 2018
    ThacoBell
    edited October 2018
    OOhhh. So if I remove the "spell select dislogue" component, it should work?

*edit*

I had already started installing before reading your last comment @subtledoctor so I didn't have a chance to remove the spellcasting dialogue from my install, but it says that the new bards installed successfully. Should go ahead and remove the TnB component to be safe?

Nope, just tested, doesn't work.
    edited October 2018
    @subtledoctor Okay, different problem. I can create the new Bard kits, and I can select the spell knowledge ability from the innate abilities tab, but no menu comes up to select spells. I re-did my entire mod install, and left out "Spell selection dialogue" from TnB. I used the console to grant myself enough experience to hit level cap to test, and I cannot select spells. Something is summoned when I select spell knowledge, but no dialogue happens.

*edit*

Olkay, I checked an unkitted bard and it worked fine. It looks like the problem lies with the Meistersinger kit. Which is, of course, the one I want to play. It also looks like the Loresinger is not working properly. I can select it at chargen, but it seems to function just like a cleric/thief. Select deity doesn't show loresinger as available either. In fact, it looks like ONLY the trueclass bard is getting spells.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    edited October 2018
    ThacoBell
    Thanks for the quick triage today. I'll update as I notice things. I've enver tried spellr evisions before, roughly where in the install would that go? alongside new items and spell mods, or alongside the likes of tweaks anthology?

I did notice the bard song thing, was odd.
    Meistersinger has spell dialogue! Gonna finish my mod install and hopefully I'll be able to play tonight.
    ThacoBell
    Okay, its way too late in my install to backtrack and put that in, but I'll keep it in mind when I reach BG2.
    edited October 2018
    ThacoBell
    edited October 2018
    No. Alas, I'm still getting install errors with the 3E-style bards. You can still use this without that component, correct?

[EDIT] It was the very first mod installed (from a clean installation) to make sure nothing else interfered. How would like me to send you the .log file?
    How many weapon proficiency points can each Bard kit assign, if using SoB?
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

GawainBS said:

How many weapon proficiency points can each Bard kit assign, if using SoB?

Exactly as per thieves - so 1 point with the vanilla proficiency system, or 2 points with the SoB proficiency overhaul. (Blades can get 2 points with longsword/shortsword/dagger/dart in vanilla, and 3 points with the SoB overhaul.)
    Thanks. Are the Skald and Gallant subject to this too? I gathered that they were more Fighter?
    rapsam2003