Skip to content

BG3 confirmed

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No idea.
    spacejaws
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I’ve researched it a lot and I know who is working on BG3 now.
    AnduinBalrog99
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    spacejaws said:

Is it you?
    [Deleted User]
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Actually just going to say it... I want a BG3.

I just think it will not be bg3. I want to know what happened to my character when he/she ascended to god hood.

Or how Gorion ended up with a baby bhaalspawn... Perhaps the friend... Charactername would have to be female. Although the start of that story would be pretty dire. Someone getting raped by a god and cultists hunting you for the baby whilst you try and stop bhaal planting his seed into anyone else... Then possibly getting a few wins in before dieing horribly in childbirth akin to alien. Who is going to touch that story?
    [Deleted User]mlnevese
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    edited October 2018
    Everytime someone mentions BG3, things explode. I think this is false alarm then but still the right opportunity awaits for next BG game.

Maybe BG: Shadows of Waterdeep
    Anduin
    Balrog99 said:

spacejaws said:

Is it you?
    Don’t be silly. My research has concluded that Wizards of the Coast might be involved.

Balrog99lolienProont
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I really don't understand why it is so hard for some people to understand that any new D&D game will, with absolute certainty, use the current rules edition of D&D. Please try and explain to me the logic that would compel WotC to set aside the rules edition they're currently trying to promote as much as possible, you know, because it is the *current* edition, and in its place push a rules edition that is as far as they're concerned long dead and buried and no longer actively supported by WotC. Oh, and saying "because I think 2e is the best" won't count.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited October 2018
    It's not like Brian Fargo holds the same cache and credibility he used to. I guess some people like Wasteland 2, but I never warmed up to it even the slightest. I liked Tides of Numenara better but most people didn't. And The Bard's Tale IV was such a joke and a mess on release day I refunded it less than two hours after I downloaded it. inXile is just as likely to cause gamers to scoff as say "oh, what are they putting out next". I hope to god Fargo doesn't have the license.
    kanisatha
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    kanisatha said:

I really don't understand why it is so hard for some people to understand that any new D&D game will, with absolute certainty, use the current rules edition of D&D. Please try and explain to me the logic that would compel WotC to set aside the rules edition they're currently trying to promote as much as possible, you know, because it is the *current* edition, and in its place push a rules edition that is as far as they're concerned long dead and buried and no longer actively supported by WotC. Oh, and saying "because I think 2e is the best" won't count.

I'm still hoping BG3 is a BECMI rules game. :wink:
    kanisatha
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

I'm not working on BG3 :smirk:

spacejawskanisathaBalrog99mlnevese
    edited October 2018
    God said:

I'm not working on BG3 :smirk:

Somone check on @Lucifer
    BelgarathMTHBalrog99Proont
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    kanisatha said:

4th Edition rises from its grave and Baldur's Gate Tactics is revealed!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

kanisatha said:

I'm still hoping BG3 is a BECMI rules game. :wink:
    Hehe :smiley:
    To add more fire to the flames our boy @TrentOster getting his word in.

Share with us what you know Trent. We can keep secrets better than Brian ;)
    megamike15StummvonBordwehrmlneveseProont
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I predict a train wreck.
    Balrog99[Deleted User]FlashburnProont
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I predict a riot
    [Deleted User]Proont[Deleted User]
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    kanisatha said:

I don't disagree that 5th edition is much more likely, but I don't see how you can entirely rule out 2nd edition. After all we've already had one new game in 2nd edition recently and, unless someone has revealed the licensing agreement for that, who's to say there's no possibility of more?
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    edited October 2018
    BG3 well the strory is almost closed the only option for charname role i his struggle as a new deity.
    Without ridiculous amnesia trick like those in old Gothic there is only this way with his god-like ;) powers.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2018
    I am positive they are trolling, because the rockpapershotgun article is from 2012. WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING THAT FACT?!
    WarChiefZekeAedanProontArtona
    edited October 2018

I am positive they are trolling, because the rockpapershotgun article is from 2012. WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING THAT FACT?!

Uuuuuh the rockpapershotgun article is from 2012 but Brian Fargo was responding to 2018 rumours that Larian had the rights to Baldur’s Gate 3. The event that kicked this off is not really related to the article except for the mention that Beamdog was interested in making a Baldur’s Gate 3 as an end goal. That sounds pretty relevant 6 years later when rumours pop up and notable game designers mention knowledge of actual happenings.

Of course some trolls might tag along for the ride. Not me though no siree.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

BG3 well the strory is almost closed the only option for charname role i his struggle as a new deity.
    Without ridiculous amnesia trick like those in old Gothic there is only this way with his god-like ;) powers.

Not even that would make sense. There are two possible endings to ToB, godhood AND mortalhood. Going either way would completely invalidate about half of the players' stories.
    edited October 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Not even that would make sense. There are two possible endings to ToB, godhood AND mortalhood. Going either way would completely invalidate about half of the players' stories.
    If they intend to stick to the Baldur’s Gate story I can only think a Child of Bhaalspawn tale makes sense with an attempt to make the end results of Throne of Bhaal as ambiguous as possible, like folk tales and half truths, did they pick godhood? Or are they still alive? Did they die mortal? Make your true parentage a bit of a secret like who was your non-Bhaalspawn father/mother etc. maybe you were stolen or given away because of your heritage to either keep you safe or tap into your power (kinda a reverse Gorion).

That way we can start at level 1, choose our avatar without having to abide too much with the laws of the previous games. Hell maybe you can do a character import to influence your prodigies inherited skills, like a thief descendant gets a bonus dexterity or if they choose thief an extra 5% points something realitively small and not game breaking.

That’s my opinion anyway. Feel free to defecate all over it.

That said if we find that we reside in one of the nine hells it’ll be announced as Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance III. A particularly sad layer of hell :(
    Post edited by spacejaws on
    [Deleted User]Proont
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    @ThacoBell I know that. But at the end of ToB charname and his companions have power above legendary mortals. Artemis or Drizzt are like children to them. That's why for me deity future path is the only way. I don't want any tricks with amnesia or some kind of power that change your lvl to 1.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@ThacoBell I know that. But at the end of ToB charname and his companions have power above legendary mortals. Artemis or Drizzt are like children to them. That's why for me deity future path is the only way. I don't want any tricks with amnesia or some kind of power that change your lvl to 1.

Which just highlights that there is NOWHERE for the story to go. Losing the Bhaal essence would probably depower charname a little bit (emphasis on little) but by ToB cap, levels are pretty empty, there are no rules to go further to my knowledge. And forcing you start deity is a slap in the face for all the mortal RPers. I have NEVER chosen the godhood ending, and I would be really annoyed if the game suddenly went, "Nope you chose godhood, dont you remember? No? Too bad!"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    If your character was an elf or a dwarf, it's very possible you CHARNAME could still be alive. Gray Elves (aka Sun Elves) Could live up to 425+ years in AD&D 2e. Hill Dwarves live 250+, Mountain Dwarves 300. Moon Elves (High Elves) live for 350+ years (Plus because the stated age is considered venerable by the standards of the race. Human venerable age is 90. Gnome venerable age is 200. Half-elves are 130. Half-Orcs, 60.

You can find a list of ages here: http://people.wku.edu/charles.plemons/ad&d/races/age.html
    spacejawsscrivermlneveseProont
This discussion has been closed.